Error In Street Atlas 2005

mzmtg

Click on the "netlink" tab in the program, when you're connected to the internet. There's a update of some sort there. Download and install it. It seems unrelated, a "Magnetic Declination update" or something like that, but it fixes the problem. Seems like a "planned problem" to get you to update.....

Odd thing though. I have SA 2003 and have NEVER updated it via the Netlink tab. I tried to today just for the heck of it... it kept saying I wasn't connected to the internet although I have a full-time connection at home via my wireless network. Next thing I know I'm getting that "Find Tab failed to Initialize" error.

Just tried the Netlink update again... this time it worked and my SA is fully operational again! Finally.

Hey.. speaking of SA... is there some way I can copy all the files from the "program data" CD to my hard drive so I don't ahve to leave the disc in the drive when I take the laptop out caching?? I like SA better than Streets & Trips but at least S&T doesn't require a CD at all times to get maps.

Edited by ZebraSE
Hey.. speaking of SA... is there some way I can copy all the files from the "program data" CD to my hard drive so I don't ahve to leave the disc in the drive when I take the laptop out caching??  I like SA better than Streets & Trips but at least S&T doesn't require a CD at all times to get maps.

Taken from the Delorme website it's for 2004, but I'd bet the process is similar for other versions of Street Atlas.

Saving Street Atlas USA® 2004 Data to the Hard Disk Drive

Your Street Atlas USA data can be saved to your hard disk drive so that it is readily available without inserting the CD-ROM.

To Save Street Atlas USA 2004 Data

To Save Street Atlas USA 2004 Data to your hard disk drive, use the following steps.

Insert the Street Atlas USA data disc into your CD-ROM drive.

From the Start menu, click Run.

Type D:\Setup (where D: is the letter of the drive containing the data disc) in the command line text box and then click OK. The Street Atlas USA data setup screen displays.

Follow the screen directions to complete the data installation.

Click Finish when prompted. It is not necessary to restart your computer.