How Many Posts?

hello this is my 200th post I know this is dwarfed by others but this is quite an

achievement for me :ph34r::P:P

I just wanted to ask what % of people have ever gotten as high as you are now

you can do this by clicking on my assistant then click on top ten overall posters

find how many posts you have find that number then do a little math here is the

formula 66,349 divided by what over all poster you are.

I am the 800th top poster so 17.07% of people ever post as much as I

have. :D :D :blink:

You know, it's really sad. I just looked at the list. I wasn't expecting to see myself very high up.

But, oh my.

I'm 12th...

Gosh...

That's scary...

I couldn't get any normal looking numbers using your formula, but I assume I'm in the 99th percentile...

Edited by TeamK-9

Your forumla doesn't make sense. However, the numbers do have an interesting twist.

Who knew I'd be in the top 20 chatters as number 19 with 3385 not including this one. Given that, with 1,083,250 total forum posts when I started writing this, I've posted 0.32% of the posts putting me in the top 3.49% bracket of having something to say, useful or not.

Just for you Brian: :D:D:D:D

Now I definitly will have to leave work early enough to find a cache or three on the way home to pay for this post. :(

EGGPLANT PILAF WITH PISTACHIOS AND CINNAMON

1 small eggplant (1/2 lb), cut into 1/2-inch cubes

2 tablespoons salt

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

2 medium onions, finely chopped

1 cup white basmati rice

1 1/2 cups water

1/4 cup raisins or dried currants

3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1 large tomato, peeled seeded, and finely chopped

1/4 cup chopped fresh dill

1/4 cup shelled natural pistachios, coarsely chopped

Cover eggplant with water in a bowl and add 1 1/2 tablespoons salt. Soak 30 minutes. Drain eggplant and squeeze handfuls to remove excess moisture, then pat dry.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté eggplant, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 7 minutes. Cool eggplant.

Cook onions in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add rice and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, raisins, remaining 1/2 tablespoon salt, and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered and undisturbed, until rice is tender, about 12 minutes.

Fluff rice with a fork and gently stir in tomato and eggplant. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover and cool 10 minutes. Stir in dill, then transfer pilaf to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with pistachios.

Dang. #11.

I guess my posts are just humbled by those who have something significant to contribute. Bummer too that my find count is so low that I must hang my head in shame.

think about this:

what percentage of the top posters posts were posted to point to a post you posted previously?

interesting, huh?

:(

I dont quite understand your formula though. :)

edit: oh and by the way Im on page 73 :D

I think the correct formula is: <your number>/663.49

There are 0.046722633347902756635367526262641% of the posters that post more than me. :blink:

--Marky

P.S. by my count, you are 724th, so 724/663.49 = 1.09% of the forum posters post more than you.

If I ever find out that any of you with high post counts used illegal performance enhancing drugs to up your post count, I'm going to be seriously disappointed!  :)

alcohol is still legal, right! :D

You betcha!

I once thought about posting a topic asking the question:

How many of you have participated in the following activities while under the influence of alcohol:

1) Geocaching

2) Posting in the forums

For me:

1) No. But I plan on it someday if I can arrange a designated driver.

2) Yes. More than twice. Not at the moment, however.

Edit: On topic - my paltry number of posts makes me unworthy to particpate in this type of careful mathematical survey.

Edited by cache_test_dummies
If I ever find out that any of you with high post counts used illegal performance enhancing drugs to up your post count, I'm going to be seriously disappointed!  :grin:

I have never injected myself with performance enhancing drugs before posting.

Anyone else notice that he didn't deny that he inhaled though? :(:(

How many of you have participated in the following activities while under the influence of alcohol:

1) Geocaching

2) Posting in the forums

1) A few times. Usually after having a beer or three at lunch and then contiuing on with the day's hunt.

2) Not very often, if ever. I'm usually posting while at work. Ironically there are four cases of liquor at my feet. It's stored in my office.

Now Monday night chat, that's a whole different story though. ;)

I dont quite understand your formula though. :anibad:

edit: oh and by the way Im on page 73  :anibad:

I think the correct formula is: <your number>/663.49

There are 0.046722633347902756635367526262641% of the posters that post more than me. :(

--Marky

P.S. by my count, you are 724th, so 724/663.49 = 1.09% of the forum posters post more than you.

Acutally according to your formula it would be <Your number divided by 100>/663.49 trust me :anibad:

P.S. well when I posted the original topic I was 800th but I posted after that