Stay Safe!

gridlox

Found this link while reading about another interest I have and thought these would be great for Geocachers!!

From their website:

ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN!! Each year, over 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without Identification.  If you should experience an unexpected injury or sudden illness, when not at home, you want those who come to your aid to have quick easy access to YOUR IDENTITY.  Road ID not only provides safety and peace of mind for you and your loved ones, but Road ID can prevent serious delays in medical treatment or even save your life.

logo_1.gifclick the logo

Might just save your life in the event of an accident while out on the trails.

STAY SAFE!

D-man :blink:

Edited by gridlox

Hoo yeah - let's all wear our Name, Address, SSN and Phone number right out where anyone can read 'em!

Identity theft is rampant - never display your SSN!

Our soldiers and sailors are being hit especially hard because their SSN is on dog tags and personal items where anyone can get it.

The tags are a good idea IF you put some sort of sleeve or cover over them.

As they are anyone that gets a look at them can hijack your financial life.

Ed

Hoo yeah - let's all wear our Name, Address, SSN and Phone number right out where anyone can read 'em!

Identity theft is rampant - never display your SSN!

Our soldiers and sailors are being hit especially hard because their SSN is on dog tags and personal items where anyone can get it.

The tags are a good idea IF you put some sort of sleeve or cover over them.

As they are anyone that gets a look at them can hijack your financial life.

Ed

I agree don't let people see it un less your out in the woods somewhere unconcious but at that point I don't think you could stop them :blink:

My two cents worth. I bought a set of these to use while running. You can put whatever information you want on them. For example, you can put allergies, medical conditions, address, emergency contacts, etc.

I think they are a good idea; and if you are wearing it on your ankle, wrist or shoe, it would be awfully hard for someone to read it unless they are right on top of you.

:blink:

Oh one more note, as a former EMS provider I can't stress how important it is to know your patient's name when they are unable to provide it. Faster access to medical records in the Emergency Room could save your life.

Edited by The Blind Acorn