Pq's Found & Own

rokclimber

hey all...

i've tried doing a pocket query several times now just for the caches i've found & own yet the PQ always comes back with no results... i finally just downloaded each one individually (pita) and recently did the same with the 2 newest finds i have... what a time killer! anyone have any ideas on making the PQ work? here are the settings i'm using...

show-200

any type

any container

that i have found

and i own

within none selected

my postal code 76240

radius 500 miles (i've tried 2000 but always reverts to 500)

placed during none selected

thanks for the help, advice

stace

Yiou have to do found and own as two separate queries. Unless you found your own caches, there are no caches that you both found AND own.

While those of us that deal with boolean expressions and speak regexes in our sleep have no problems with this, this does trip up a lot of users. That query form really could benefit from some simple usability improvements. For example, a few lines of javascript to validate this very case would help some. Clarifying the form would help users from even falling into this trap to start with.

For example, a few lines of javascript to validate this very case would help some. Clarifying the form would help users from even falling into this trap to start with.

Except there are cases where you CAN find a cache that you own, so saying that that case was a bad query would be bad. Although I guess you *probably* wouldn't want to do a PQ of those caches, but you might...