New Member Sayign Hello

Nick428

Hello everyone, just thought i'd say hello after just signing up. I live in Clifton, NJ if any of you northern new jersey people are familiar with where that is. Some of you may know my older brother who got me hooked on geocaching serg312 i think is login name is. I will be running out sometime this weekend or next week to purchase my garmin etrex legend and from there own out i'll be starting my caching. Hope to join you guys on some group caches.

Thanx,

Nick

P.S. - if you have any advice for a new cacher, my ears (actually eyes cause i'm reading it) are open!

We live in Morris County. You are lucky to be in an area of the country containing some of the most prolific cache-hiders in the world so get out there and enjoy them. This area also provides a wide variety of cache types so read the posts carefully to decide whether to bring bug spray or mace. Hope you find it as enjoyable as we have in our time in the sport.

Hey Avroair here from Nutley, Essex County. Three things you have to know before you get tangled in these forums:

1. Quoddy is a compulsive liar (he really wants to be a Northern New Jerseyan)

2. BrianSnat is actually a girl

3. I sometines type with a 'type impediment' it's how I talk.

:lol: Welcome to the game.

You've obviously never been to Weasel Brook Park (which BTW has no geocaches).

I am working this early Sat AM, my office is only a couple of blocks from Weasel Brook, named by the way for a geocacher who would never log DNF. I think I will go over and check for good spots for a cache. Maybe on WALK YOUR PIT BULL HERE TRAIL., or better yet, on MAKE YOUR DRUG DEAL HERE TRAIL. or on CANADA GOOSE GREASE EVERWHERE TRAIL.

Weasel Brook does not strike me as a good location, But maybe that last one,hmmmm :blink:

haha yea weasel brook is not the best place to be. i used to have to deal with a lot of that stuff when i used to ride my bike there back in the day. but there are a lot of good places to hide caches in clifton that many people may not have explored, hopefully i'll get to hide some down the road once i get a few caches under my belt.

Hey Avroair here from Nutley, Essex County. Three things you have to know before you get tangled in these forums:

:D  Welcome to the game.

OK this is what I know.....Quoddy is HIGHLY ADDICTED to geocaching and NORTH JERSEY AND NEW YORK CACHES are almost cleared out by him!....AVROAIR...is RIGHT behind Quoddy....and I haven't met BRIANSNAT but it was a good comment so I will leave it at that... :P

Edited by VerticallyChallenged

Hey Nick! Remember me!! I camped and cached with you up in Connecticut at the geojamboree. If you ever want to hit the trails, shoot me an email and I will be glad to head out wherever and whenever you like. Glad to see you are still interested in caching and hope to hit the trails with ya soon :D

Carlo (aka Kar) of TS!! :P

Hey Carlo yea i remeber, that was a fun trip. hopefully i'll get to do more like that. we'll have to go caching together sometime.

I'm really hoping to join you guys on a group cache. any idea when the next one is going to be?

I am probably going to hit the Morris Canal cache as my first cache sometime over the next few days since it is the closest one to where i live.

yea when i fish at ghost lake i always fish into the tiny pond instead of the bigger part, big bass in the smaller part.

Shhh. :P We don't only want to give away a good fishing spot now...

So when the fish stop biting....Check out!!!

Jenny's Mountain Home by Gavin and Maggie the dog (GCGGPW)

Don't Jump Jenny! by Skully & Mulder et al. (GC98C4)

Jenny Jump Rumble by trail hound (GCK7CG)

:D  Welcome to the game.

How can you say Brainsnat is a girl? Isn't he the manly half of this couple?

1308cdc2-6fad-457e-80e5-1a54db50c05e.jpg