Tb In Someone Else's Cache

2FarDeer

We're very new to geocaching and have yet to put out our first cache, or find one for that matter. However, caches are in the planning stage and our quadruplet Travel Bugs are on order.

My question pertains to said Bugs. I'd like to know if it's okay to put one of our Bugs in someone else's cache as the Bug's starting point. Or should they start thier journeys only in our own caches?

I'm assuming it's okay to launch them in someone else's cache, since Bugs move from one cache to another, but I just want to check rather than offend someone right off the bat.

You may launch a travel bug from any cache you like. There is nothing wrong with using anyone elses cache as a starting point.

I personally would feel honored if someone else decided to use one of my caches to start a TB of theirs.

Timely topic. Newby moron question/problem: OK, I placed TB "Roamin Gnome" (TBJHDA) in my own cache "No Place like Gnome! GCN3R0" as a starting point. Next, I went to log a note and pick up Roamin Gnome to drop him in a Vancouver cache. I messed up and actually dropped PlugBug #XXXXXX in the logfile :) . OOPS. I have deleted the log entry, but seem to have lost possession of both TB's that I physically will be taking to Vancouver tomorrow morning. NOW What do I do? :)

Moderator edited: to remove tracking number. Please do not post the tracking number of travel bugs, from the metal tag, in public places. Thanks.

Edited by Eartha
Timely topic. Newby moron question/problem: OK, I placed TB "Roamin Gnome" (TBJHDA) in my own cache "No Place like Gnome!  GCN3R0" as a starting point. Next, I went to log a note and pick up Roamin Gnome to drop him in a Vancouver cache. I messed up and actually dropped PlugBug #XXXXXX in the logfile  :) . OOPS. I have deleted the log entry, but seem to have lost possession of both TB's that I physically will be taking to Vancouver tomorrow morning. NOW What do I do? :)

It looks as tho both bugs are in your "No Place like Gnome!" cache. Assuming you still have the bugs in your possesion, and they are not really in that cache, simply post retrieval logs on each bug and you will have them virtually as well as physically. Then simply drop them in a cache when you find one (the real bug) and then when you log it online (virtually).

Moderator edited: to remove tracking number. Use caution when quoting people that post tracking numbers. Thanks.

Edited by Eartha