Forum Day Off

I saw that the regular US forum posters recently took some time off the so that newbies would feel less intimidated posting and replying for a day or two.

Should we (100 plus posters for example) try to do the same thing? and if so when and for how long and who would you class a regular?

Of course if we can coincide this with my forthcoming holidays it would be most appreciated :rolleyes:

I think the point there was that the banter and leg pulling was seen as intimidating for the new people. I don't see the UK forum having anywhere near that kind of problem - new posts are met with helpful advice rather than markwelling and mickey-taking.

So, I don't really see the need personally.

Cheers,

Stu

We can give it up anytime we like..... (Must post witty comment.. can`t stand it... have to type a congrats...) Aaarrgghhhh... Sorry it can`t be done.

I mean come on we are a friendly bunch in here, we often give advice to people, well the techy side of things anyway. We try is the operative word there. :blink:

Even when we were in the states we still kept a check on what was going on here. That`s what Wifi was invented for wasn`t it?! :huh:

Pengy & Tigger :rolleyes:

I will, when I can think of soemthing to say....

Don't let a little thing like 'having something to say' stop you. They mostly talk bo**ox on here anyway :D:D

Yep most of my 1600 posts were utter bollards :D:D

Maybe one of our friendly mods could ban me for a week and save you all :laughing: :laughing:

I think the point there was that the banter and leg pulling was seen as intimidating for the new people. I don't see the UK forum having anywhere near that kind of problem - new posts are met with helpful advice rather than markwelling and mickey-taking.

So, I don't really see the need personally.

Cheers,

Stu

As a tadpole with only two posts (this being the third) I have never felt intimidated, just supported, perhaps our American cousins are just a bit more abrasive than us. Both my previous posts have been queries for which I have received very prompt and informative responses...Thanks.

Now back to quietly cowering in the corner.