Question about filling out cache placement form

This is probably a stupid question ! not to mention it has probably already been asked.

We just created our first cache - a virtual which was approved. Because it is a Virtual, the participants need to email me. I included the email on the cache page but I don't want the email on the page. I have seen others where it says "email me" which when you click on it, brings up an email form. How do I do this? I have looked over all the faq's and this was not addressed. Also I thought a while back it was decided that there would be some way to add icons to indicate various features such as Handicapped Accessable.

Thanks!

It happens automatically as long as you provided a valid e-mail address when you registered. Finders just have to click on your profile, then on "e-mail this user".

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, I edited it so my eamil addy isn't on the page, but this is what I was going for http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=44092

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hamsters - buy 2 get 10 free!

Draykoh, Yorik, Senyth, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Rubeus, Minerva, Ginny, Jumper, Pounce, Lenny, Squiggy, Micro-Sprite, Midgey and our much loved Boru (RIP)

Hampster,

The link is created through HTML. It's not too hard to use, but if you decide to insert HTML into the cache page, you'll lose the formatting on the rest of the description unless you use HTML to format that, too.

Specifically, the tag for your email address is:

<A HREF="mailto:youremail@yourisp.com">Email Me</A>

This will give you an Email Me link to your inbox.

Or.. you can just depend on folks clicking on your profile and emailing you from there.

Jamie

quote:
Hamsters - buy 2 get 10 free!

Draykoh, Yorik, Senyth, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Rubeus, Minerva, Ginny, Jumper, Pounce, Lenny, Squiggy, Micro-Sprite, Midgey and our much loved Boru (RIP)

So this is where Lapaglia and the Lepruchauns are getting their suuply from. icon_biggrin.gif

But seriously Hamps- I have one hidden virtual which requires email info to confirm. I have had no trouble receiving the inbound with no HTML on the page.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Another consideration in a "mailto:" link is that you still put your address on the page. It is not as obvious, but when someone emails you fromthe link they see your address, and if you veiw the source code for the page it is there. You can do this by right clicking on the page you are looking at and selecting "view source".

So, if you really don't want your address available on the page for some reason, don't use the "mailto:" link.

Of course, you can also do what I did--set up a free online email account for public use--mine is at yahoo.com. This keeps hobby and forum emails out of your main email account, and if you have a problem you can shut down the online account. I get all my geocaching and ham radio related email at my yahoo account.

Just a couple of suggestions...

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Even if you don't post your email address people can use the contact link in your profile to send you the verification answer. That keeps your email out of circulation and yet lets people solve the cache.

The beauty of it, is that if you do nothing, you have already implemented this solution.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.