Newbie Help

fire_317

Ok, I am new to the GPS world...I bought a Meridian Gold. I am looking for a good website that would help with how to operate it. I also am looking for a good website that will then explain geocaching and how to enter it into my MeridianGold and then how to find it using my MeridianGold. Can someone help me??

You should read the manual and play with the unit for a while to learn about its function. Here's a link to the manual:

http://www.magellangps.com/assets/manuals/...ian_English.pdf

To manually store a waypoint, you press and hold the GOTO key, a waypoint page will show up with something like wpt001, you can change the name, the coordinates, etc. then save it.

To navigate to a stored waypoint, press the GOTO key once...it's all in the manual.

To get started with downloading multiple waypoints at once, download EasyGPS and use it to manage the waypoints. You can download the .loc waypoint files from geocaching.com and open them using EasyGPS then transfer them to your Meridian Gold.

Good luck and have fun :ninja:

Edited by diverhank