Mia Travel Bugs

The Blind Acorn

Can anyone help? Should I not post this here? I don't know, but I'm pretty ticked that my Travel Bugs keep getting hijacked!!! :ninja::P:ninja:

If you have seen the following bugs or know the person/persons who have it, please email me or them.

ZOOM2 was last seen 9/19/2004 in the hands of pig591. I think this person is in OHIO

JiNgLe JiNgLe was last seen 1/15/05 in Ferncliff Cache in Pennsylvania, but a recent note suggests it is not there and infact was picked up by "Matt and Heidi" yet there is no log by these people, nor is Matt & Heidi a Geocacing name.

If this post is inappropriate, I will close the topic. I'm just trying to find my bugs!!!

Thanks for you help

Jen :ninja:

AKA The Blind Acorn

Welcome to the club. It doesn't take a sane bug owner long to realize that expectations should be set pretty low when it comes to TBs. Then, when they do move around like they are supposed to, you can be overjoyed! And when they don't, you can chalk it up to a rather typical experience.

Have you tried emailing the suspected culprits? A polite note sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It's always worth a try, tho.

I have found that sending out more bugs can reduce the grief of bug loss. Statistically, some are bound to journey successfully. Good luck.

Ah, the one that's been missing since September definitely deserves an email to ask what's up, whether it got misplaced over the holidays, etc.

The one that's been gone since January.... well, I'd try to track down whoever said that it had been taken by those folks, so you can find out their GC username and let them know about TB logging, and ask if they have any questions about the bug or its destination. Not everyone knows right off the bat what a travel bug is.

As always, consider yourself a supplicant when dealing with someone who is holding onto your travel bug. Politeness works wonders. Grovelling doesn't hurt.

I have a 100% success ratio with my own bugs so far, and yet I've accidentally held onto TBs for far longer than 2 weeks. I gotta figure karma will eventually catch up to me and crush my bugs like.... well, bugs!