1 Day Record

My record: A Pathetic three. I was tried after planning to find six, but only found those three

I do not find three pathetic in the least. It all depends on your style, and especially the type of caches. One of my best days was finding two or three and requiring a good hike (actually, I ran and used a compass and map, orienteering style) over terrain with almost nonexistant trails. A second great day, like criminal, involved a signficant hike and a DNF.

Goodness, even if your three is park and grab micros, that is significant for you, right? I hardly would be judgemental and deem that "pathetic."

Our record was set on July 4th, just two days ago. We found 21, DNF'd 2. The distances were between 20.4 and 65 miles from home ATCF, in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Upper Michigan. We actually put a few hundred miles on the Buick that day. The coups de grâce were finding the northern-most cache in Michigan and an FTF. When we started geocaching in March we thought it would take a long time to reach one hundred finds, but now we have 94. That number will go up by one tonight and we'll celebrate our caching milestone this Sunday. :rolleyes:

The thought of doing any more than 25 caches in a given day in our neck of the woods is very unrealistic. Most caches are several miles apart and most require some amount of hiking.

Wow...

I went on my first hunt Saturday the 19th of August. I had 5 finds, 2 DNFs, and had the opportunity for at least 5-7 more but decided to wait until my niece could go with me.

And that was 5 in four hours. Is that pretty good for small town Indiana and a newbie?

D'oh, sorry-I cant read.

Most caches in 1 day- 7,

Its pretty sad in comparison, but Ive Never cached for anyone else's enjoyment.

<edit to be on topic.......>

not sad... did you have a good time? :D

I did 19 in one great day in downtown DC, actually about 6 hours.

They were all virts though so most would say 1) they don't count, and 2) I am a cheater. :D

We just broke our record last week. After a nice meet & eat event we found ourselves caching with the host, a couple we have cached with before, and a couple of other locals. We usually get about 12 caches before we call it a day. It was a miserably hot and humid day, but because the company was good and we were caching somewhere we had never been, we managed to snag 23 caches that afternoon. It was a great day. Lots of fun and laughing and really good company made the time just fly. I didn't keep track of the finds as we went and I was amazed when I logged them to see that we had nearly doubled our usual run.

Ours Was 16 finds, after reading this i had to banck and count. It was last week end, but there are alot of concentrated caches for us. we are still new My forum log in is Glock 22 but we cache by Tahoein' Bunch

Thanks guys numbers are fun but seeing apark you never had known was there is more fun.

Greg

45 in a day geo-soloing. But that's all I do, as it's the only way to know "you've" found it. I find it interesting when folks who "geo-herd" say that they've found so many caches. Were they the one who actually found it or were they along for the ride? Of the number of folks who were on the expedition, who actually uncovered the cache? Is it a find or an assist? It poses the question: When is a find only a fraction?????

Our record is 28, with 2 DNFs. I'm positive we could've broken that record this last weekend in Erie, PA; but we had our kids along (3 & 4 yrs. old) and it really wouldn't have been fair to them (I mixed in a few regular caches for them, but we did mostly micros which they don't like). Did manage 22 on saturday along with 3 restaurant meals (1 was 2 hrs at Chuck E. Cheese's) and a trip to the children's museum. 20 on sunday (3 restaurant meals and 3 hours at Waldameer Park). So all in all, we split the days between caching activities and kids activities fairly well.

Second best day - June 20th, 2006 - 27 caches found. Was a fun day out with a friend.

Most caches in one day 74. Group cached on the way to the IE Cache Event, hung out at the bash for a few hours and then headed out for some night caching. Very fun day!

Best day caching...4. Might have been in conjunction with the above-quoted day, but not sure.

Another good day was 9/4/06 when we nabbed 6 good ones! (Could have stopped at 4 but, y'know...)

My grandson, Wizard Austin, and I go out usually once a week. We had 14 one week and 18 another. We like to do some sight-seeing as we go. :)

We recently set a new personal best of 47 in one day. We planned our route in advance using a combination of a regular query, cache on a route query, and Streets and Trips.

I saw this topic again, and I saw that I posted in this topic before...so I went and checked what my record was the time that I posted.......Lo and behold I broke that record. Here is my new record.

On December 28, 2006 I went on an all-day cache run up towards Knoxville, TN on my quest to find my 1,000th cache. The cities we covered were Collegedale, Cleveland, Athens, Sweetwater, and Lenor City...all in Tennessee! We found 60 that day to break the previous record of 56.

Yeah, I'll be the first to proudly admit that I am a numbers cacher. :)

I did 101 with Flagman and RocketMan on March 5th, 2005 in Palm Springs. Here is the lowdown:

Early in the week, we made it our goal to hit 100 caches in one day after seeing the density of caches near the event. To accomplish this feat, we figured we would hit the Pines to Palms caches on the way into town, hit the three caching trails near the meeting site and then fill in with a few urban caches as necessary. When we got to the park at 9:00 am, we met up with Kawikaturn who joined us for the morning. Daryl was a big help, giving us some good advice on doing the Bear Creek Path.

We started on the loop below the Bear Creek Path at 9:40 am and then headed north along the Bear Creek path. We finished with the walking portion of the path by at 11:53 am when Kawikaturn left us to go back to the family. We finished up the remaining Bear Creek Path caches and the ones around the meeting park, grabbed lunch and got to the south-east end of the Morrow Trail by at 2:15 pm. With just over 50 caches under our belts, we had a long way to go. We finished the Morrow trail at 3:56 pm and we had 67 caches completed.

Not wanting to miss the pizza event, we had to kick it in high gear to meet our goal. We blasted down to the Boo Hoff Trail area, hitting a few caches on the way. We took the 4WD road to the west of the Boo Hoff Trail to bag those caches first and then we cut across to the Boo Hoff Trail, getting there at 5:35 pm, with 79 caches completed and very little daylight left. The Boo Hoff Trail went quickly and we had to do the last 8 on the trail in total darkness. We exited the trail at 6:35 pm with 4 more caches needed to hit 99, with the plan to use the event cache as our 100th. We did 17 caches in an hour on the Boo Hoff Trail which is a rate of 3 1/2 minutes a piece.

We got the last 4 on the way to the pizza joint, ordering our pizza on the way. It was getting close to 7:15 pm when we arrived, but we still had plenty of time for a good meal and talking to a bunch of cachers. As a little side note, the only cache we had to give up on finding was BARKIN' UP THE RIGHT TREE.

Our most caches in one day is 80. Unofficially it is 81 but one of the caches ended up being archived without the ability to still post the find (even though the container was definitely still there). It took place in August 2005 back when Phoenix had a lot of caches but not nearly as many as it does now. I spent a month laying out each cache and the specific order and time that we should hit each cache. We timed things perfectly so that we arrived at our first cache at just after midnight on the far far east side of town (Apache Junction, AZ). We ended up caching (in 100 degree temperatures) until nearly 10pm later that day when we finally finished on the far Northwest side of town (Surprise, AZ). We named it a Cache-til-u-Crache marathon.

In all honesty (numbers aside) it was a great time for Heather and I. We worked as a team and were able to test each other's stamina and desire, especially dealing with Arizona's hot weather. The downside was that it lead to a very long caching drought for the following weeks because we were just wiped out from the whole thing. But never have I seen Heather so geared up for something, she really had a fun time.

I was recently looking at the GC.com Google Map and noticed that some areas of town we don't travel to often have TONS of caches, making me really want to plan another cache run. Heck one spot I found has just over 100 caches within a 5 mile radius (all urban area).

Even if you're not a big numbers fan, you gotta consider doing a marathon. Whether it's urban or rural. Heck I've got a buddy that's interested in seeing how many caches we can find while hiking in South Mountain in one day. There's like 70+ caches in the area and the mountain range spans 13 miles west to east and 4 miles north to south. Now that would be a fun challenge!

Jared