1 Day Record

I am quite proud of my current record: 8 in one day.

That's right: eight caches found in a single twenty-four hour period!

I am currently working on a plan which I intend to put in place this summer. If all goes well, I should be able to shatter my previous record by as many as 1 or 2 additional caches! Imagine that: 9, maybe 10 total caches in a single day. That should raise a few eyebrows!

Uh.. wait, ... somebody found 246 in a day once? Time to rethink my plan, I guess. B)

There is absolutely no shame in "just" 8 or 10 or so in a day. 50 or 100 or 200+ in a day is a. a product of local cache density and a majority of "easy grabs", and b. simply approaching such a day with a completely different approach/mindset.

-Dave R.

50 finds from 8:30 am til 4:30 pm. 48 were micros, 1 ammo box and 1 small lock & lock container. The most difficult decision in that quick cache run was whether to walk or ride the next .1 mile to the next closest cache. Prior to that it was a 35 find day that went from 8 am til 8 pm. On those two days, I could tell you very little about the cache sites I visited. I have had much more enjoyment on a 10 find day with a small group of fellow cachers. Shoot, yesterday I had one of my most enjoyable caching days and only found 3 while driving for a visitor to the area. You can do quantity days or quality days....the choice is ours to make. I don't think they can co-exist.

Edited by cudlecub

240 caches with Carleenp to set the then-current 24 hour record was FUN.

I've also been on a couple of mini-cache machines before or after events, and run up days in the 40's. It is FUN caching with a group like that.

But I am perhaps most proud of some of my solo efforts, like 25 caches in a day in a city I'd never been to before, and including terrain 3 hikes in State Parks rather than just park and grabs. Or doing 10 caches in a day with an average terrain rating of 3, spread out over two counties. Or doing two caches on a 12-mile roundtrip hike and still knocking off ten others in the same area afterwards, all during a rainstorm. Those solo challenges are a different brand of fun.

My best day I got 37, with a 3 hr. drive to the area, but 12 of those were temp. event caches. The next best day was 35, which included 1 multi and a webcam, I was navigating that day. My best solo day was 30 which included 2 virts. I dont consider my area to be "cache dense" though.

Edited by drtmn

Ummmm...six, I think.

If I flew someplace for the specific purpose of geocaching, I think I'd want to do as many as possible. But for caching locally, it seems like doing much more than that would mean I hadn't explored as much as I should.

I've lived in this area a long time without becoming very familiar with it. One of the ulterior pleasures of caching (more to the point, owning a GPS) is becoming familiar with my own surroundings without fear of becoming utterly lost and being eaten by bears.

Yeah. Bears in Rhode Island. It could happen.

Just came back from Georgia and got 10 finds in 6 hours with MNLOBO. I would have to say that anymore in a day would make it difficult to enjoy the areas. Caching with another is enjoyable, especially when I am with my kids. Other days it is nice to just get out by myself and enjoy a one or two cache day to get out away from everything and relax. For those with the 35, 50 or 250 Congrats. After planning out 15 and finding 10 I can imagine the work in preparing for some of the large Cache find days. :lol:

On the other side of the coin, I had 67 logged finds on six of my caches last weekend. Only one cache was new, the rest have been there well over a year or two. Also, the caches were not all close together. One is an hours drive away, but it had about a dozen finds on it.

I have found 11 in one day, twice. In one of these cases one of the finds was an event cache. Someday I would like to plan a weekend trip to a high-density cache city and get a whole bunch!

My best month so far has been about 60, several of these were locationless though.

Who's counting anyway?? :rolleyes:

22 solo (was going for 30).

27 with a group ('normal' caching).

104 (event, a couple of regulars and 99 driveups).

108 (including revisits to the 99 driveups from above and 2 other previous finds).

You spent a whole day revisting 101 caches you had already found???

What's up with that?

Please explain yourself.

I am waiting.... :rolleyes:

108 (including revisits to the 99 driveups from above and 2 other previous finds).

What's up with that?

Please explain yourself.

I am waiting.... :lol:

Corp of Discovery was navigating when Cheesehead Dave, ProStreet, NoLemon and I hit the 99 "BoB's" on a speed run. We did them all in 3 hours and 44 minutes.

Fun to do once...don't really want to do it again.

Lets see, I think it was 104 or 105 within a 8-hour time frame. This was the "Bob" series in Chicago plus a few extras thrown in. On just a regular day with a wide variety of caches I believe the number is around 31. Most trips my partner(Peoria Bill) and I try to get at least 15 during the course of the day.

What's up with that?

Please explain yourself.

I am waiting.... :lol:

Corp of Discovery was navigating when Cheesehead Dave, ProStreet, NoLemon and I hit the 99 "BoB's" on a speed run. We did them all in 3 hours and 44 minutes.

Fun to do once...don't really want to do it again.

What the chicken said. I did have fun both times. The group I was with the first time was the first to finish all of them and we had FTF's on 20 or so. The 2nd time was for pure speed. We used a laptop to plot a route and that worked pretty well.

32 cache finds.

19 plus hours - nonstop

450 plus miles

By myself.

And I did this at a time when there where less the 300 caches in the state.

No problem anymore to find 20 plus a day and as many as 60 plus a weekend.

And if we went to a town that had lots of caches we had not found yet, I think we could bust a 100 plus day.

Logscaler.

Team caching: 52 on a Saturday 4:30am to 8pm followed by 42 on Sunday 4:45am to 6pm. Caches were a mix of terrain & difficulty and many envolved a lot of walking and the number of micros was low. 23 twice while solo and still trying to get a full day available to top that. I don't pre-pick the caches to visit - just straight from a pq download with 3 to 5's filtered out.

just got back from "Canadian Cachers Heaven" AKA Victoria BC

here is one of the Logs,,,

March 21 by coast2coast2coast (368 found)

Well I have been looking forward to this “Cacheathon” for a long time.

I started out at 0600 on Sunday and stopped at 1800 I managed to get 35 caches all over Victoria. I like this place even better now!… I got up bright and early on Monday morning and found 10 more.. So it was 45 caches in 28 hours…I’m Pooped!!

But what a great time… I never met any other cachers but I made tons of new four legged friends.

Quite a few caches were in off leash parks ( Zoe and Stewie’s favourite kind) I had to go to the galley for some great chilli on the way home. (I had to pay for lunch.) I think I was # 271.

Well thanx to every Cacher who made these 2 days the height of my 3 years Geocaching

This was a blast!!! I will more then likely never have the opportunity to do this again

Here is the map I used... these are only rated 3's and below... there are a lot more caches here then what are on my map.

141eb0f1-b086-4d14-aac7-3ee0476076c8.jpg

C2C2C

Just yesterday, our new record became 7 finds in one day. It took us about 5 1/2 hours, including a stop for lunch. We probably could have fit in a few more, but there is still snow on the ground, so getting around was tough in some places. We had a lot of fun yesterday! I'm going to Jacksonville, Florida in May without my husband and kids to visit my brother. Since that seems to be a "cache dense" area, I may try to find 10 in a day while there.

16 ... a combination of a trip to Stroudsburg, PA/Blairstown, NJ. 4 of these were locationless which I have not logged yet. I only cached from 8 AM - 2 PM as well.

Without locationless, my record is 15. My friend and I did a great geocaching loop past Hazelton, into Central Pennsylvania, and looped back out onto I-80. Although a lot of the caches were micros, they were really good micros and it was probably my most rewarding, numbers or not, caching day experience.

'Team Rebellion' (Luke11.9, CaptDC52 and Zatoichi) is already planning another assualt on the 24-hour record. We are looking at xxxville this Summer 2005. When we broke the 24-hour record last October 2004 in Jacksonville (246 finds) our team was just 3 members without support. Things will be different this year.

We believe that we can surpass the 300 mark, possibly even 330 in a 24-hour period.

We are in the process of recruiting additional team members. The support team is fairly well set with two members firm, but we need one additional person. The search team is three members firm, with one offer on the table. But we need two additional searchers.

If you are interested e-mail Zatoichi. The ideal candidate will live in the SouthEast, or at least be willing & able to travel to the SouthEast easily enough. Must be physically fit, motivated, and be able to stay awake and frosty for 24 hours.

See everyone on the trails...