1 Day Record

Well me and my wife did 50 on our Anniverasry in August. Second place is 35 with me and my 7 y.o. daughter. Had I not had her in tow, I might have gotten.... 25. (I keep telling Team Rebellion to take her along. She never runs out of energy and is a natural tunnel rat.) Team Rebellion also made a recent feast on ours and Agent K's caches in Daytona Beach. 54 in a day for the team leader. I think the team hit more, but Zatoichi had found some previously. Of course all of ours and hers are easy finds... as long as you enjoy the company of non-cachers.... lots of non-cachers. :laughing::ph34r::lol:

OK, my friends... the 2005 Edition of 'Team Rebellion' is shaping up nicely. The primary search team consists of four firefighters. Our support team is one firefighter and two 'others'. We are still looking for one additional firefighter to man the support van, preferably someone with photography skills.

Our plan is to hit Nashville NLT September 2005. We still have to work out some sponsorship issues, but things are moving along as anticipated.

Laptops, xxx handheld GPSr's, re-radiating antennas, xxx portable radios, Wi-Fi... the longistics alone will drive someone nuts!

There have been two attempts on the record so far this year. One was well planned but fell short due to weather. The second attempt was by 'Team Maple Leaf' and they established an "all women's team record" of 140 finds. This May there are two serious teams who will attempt to break our record during Geo-Woodstock III.

Our record was a hard earned 246 finds. Research indicates that with a few changes and additions we can hit 294 caches. Hopefully, with a little tweaking, we will be able to find a way to hit the magical 300 mark. Can we do it? I'll bet that if CarleenP was on our team we could do it. Us Irish have to stick together, you know. Stay tuned for updates...

Saddly after reading most of these I feel like an under acheiver we are stuck at 3. And that we do with baby on my back and pulling my 10 year old. I really thought we were doing well. HA HA. I now have to really pick a day and possibly a sitter and reevaluate our number potential. :o

When I bring my daughter along, or the whole family, I can't hunt for numbers. We have to stop too many times to feed, and change the baby. Carrying a 3yr old up hills to log (3 + star terrain) caches is hard work also.

I have only been geocaching since April 19, and my BEST day so far was May 21, when I found and signed fourteen (14) logs. That was quite a rush for me, but I hope to beat that record soon.

Yeah, 14, that's us also. Pretty sweet isn't it? :angry::D<_<

Old thread..........refreshed with new and important information. :angry::angry::o

Edited by Team Cotati

Our one day record is 9 on a trip to Scottsbluff, NE and back. We left just as the sun was rising and hit our 9th cache as the sun was setting and drove the last 45 miles home in the dark. Our second best is probably only 6. It seems that the few times we are in more cache dense areas, we have very little extra time for caching. The one day we purposely set aside a full day for caching in Denver, everything went wrong and we misplaced the GPSr. It was actually with us all along - tucked in the seat cushions of the truck - but that was not discovered until the next day while on our way back home. Our best so far this calendar year was this past weekend when we attended an event and found 4 caches on the way home from said event. For us, that is a typical power caching day.

There is absolutely no shame in "just" 8 or 10 or so in a day. 50 or 100 or 200+ in a day is a. a product of local cache density and a majority of "easy grabs", and b. simply approaching such a day with a completely different approach/mindset.

-Dave R.

This post is so old it was before he got his trademark. <_<

There is absolutely no shame in "just" 8 or 10 or so in a day. 50 or 100 or 200+ in a day is a. a product of local cache density and a majority of "easy grabs", and b. simply approaching such a day with a completely different approach/mindset.

-Dave R.

This post is so old it was before he got his trademark. <_<

That is really interesting information. :D:o:angry:

I recently (April 8th) had a big day and completed a goal I've had for some time (finding 30 caches in one day my home area, Chicago, and doing it solo). It wasn't only the numbers that drove me. I also had another goal- the widest posible variety of caches. I found ammo cans after a nice hike, micros in the woods, urban micros, a dedicated night cache, a virt, a multi, a webcam, a mystery, found a previous DNF, DNFd a previous DNF again (I'll get it eventually), used my bike for one, walked more than a few miles, found caches with a flashlight at night and even found one of the oldest caches in the area. My final total was 37.

I found 101 in Palm Springs with Flagman and RocketMan about a year and a half ago. We basically did it for the heck of it and none of us have any intention of doing it again. RocketMan had it all mapped and planned out very well. We drove up from San Diego to attend an event up there. We walked over 10 miles and also 4-wheeled to a bunch of caches. We had a blast! We quit around 7PM to go have some pizza and beer at the event. :)

I was just out geocaching today and picked up 8 caches for 12 kilometers of walking. 8 caches in a day is my current record, from 7 in a day which was set just 2 days ago. The question here is what is your record for most caches in a day. If you're a "numbers don't matter" person please take no offense and move on to the next thread

My record is 20+ miles in 11+ hours, total caches, zero. One DNF.

On Mothers day my wife wanted to go Geocaching. (isn't she great) I chose ten caches in the local area that were in challenging locations. We found 9 out of the original ten I had planned. We didn't stop wanting to get to that magical 10 number. Found one more and then had a great dinner afterward. (No she didn't have to cook)

The hours spent with my honey that day were wonderful. We will probably do the same thing again next Mothers day.

timk54

Our record is 52 in a calendar day... That is with two adults and two child (10 & 7)... We all got out of the car at each cache. The kids loved it!

The last weekend in June we are headed to Salt Lake City to do a 3 day no stop cache run. It should be fun!

I broke my record Tuesday, and I hadn't even planned on it. I found 10 in about 4 or 5 hours. It just turned out I got lucky find myself near to a piece of WMU property up in K-zoo and picked 6 caches out of it that added to the 4 others I had found earlier in the day. There were a bunch more nearby I didn't try to get that day since I was getting tired and bugs were eating me. Not only that I'm not a numbers guy anyway.

We average 13 or 14 if we are going to make a day if it!!! I cache with my three kids and if we are going to go somewhere just to cache we want to make sure that we find a lot!!! I would love to find someone to cache with -- just to see how many I could get without the kids!! This is the greatest sport!!!! :lol:;)

Nashville must have one every corner and at every street light. Wow. Ok now on to my record. I cache with the little paks and so we don't hit a whole lot. Our previous record was 4 in a single day, but that was bfore they said they wanted to do micros. we only stayed with Regular sized caches. Once we moved to micros, at their request, we got 7 in one day. They were all really close together and we usually only cache for about an hour or two bfore they get tired and are ready to do something else. I think we could easily get more, but that would make it into more like work than a game.

I found 67 caches within a 24 hour period. 13 hours and 10 min of actually caching. I covered 64.4 miles according to my track log of which 12.1 miles were hiked during my spree. I started a 4:30 Thursday afternoon and cached for 5 1/2 hours and found 30 on Thursday. Then got up the next morning found 37 more caches before the clock struck 4:30 on Friday afternoon.

BOOKMARK LISTING

My record for BEST caching day was when I drove 100 miles to do a couple of caches in New Hampshire. Six caches in two states, TWO yellow jeeps! About 12 hours. And all six were excellent caches! I've gotten more in one day, but as a Wise Weasle once said, I don't think I explored enough on those days...

I went out with my wife yesterday and we had 23 caches loaded in the GPS.

We didn't hunt all day but did some shopping stops and a long sit down lunch.

I wanted to hit some micros as I have been avoiding them and some rails to trail caches.

When we got home in the afternoon we were both surprised to find 11 finds in the PDA.

It wasn't like hiking the hills where we live but we did put on 8 miles of walking which is what got us into this hobby.

It's 3. We are easily distracted. One time we were running out of gas so we had to let some go by. And then we passed by a bait shop that was alos a diner and well, ya gotta stop there. then there was the time we couldn't find Wisconsin.

On 8/13/05 I had 16 found in about 6.5 hours of caching. My goal was 20, but had a couple of DNFs, and had a couple I found requiring serious bushwhacking and/or a hike (one a tricky multi with a couple of DNFs), so it was not necessarily a numbers run per se, since I could have done more if I slected P & Gs.

That is not my caching style in the least to get even half this many in a "run." I like to stop and smell the flowers, and explore the region in which a cache is placed. I simply did it becasue, well, "I could," and wanted to see what a cache numbers run was like. You know, just in case I was missing something.

Well, it was fun for the one day that I did it, but I probably will not do it again, since I do like to take my time and explore. When I return home, I will probably stick to the 4-8 routine that seems my most prevalent pattern.

Twelve of them were multi-caches with mostly three steps. Two were regular caches. I drove at least 140 miles that day. I left the house at 6 AM, arrived back home just after midnight. That was a good day. I was working on a series in my area, called the Middlesex Canal Series. Plus, I picked up a few regular caches that showed up on the radar, so to speak, as we were on the hunt.

It was an absolute blast. I was exhausted for days.

Best day - July 2nd, 2005 - 31 caches found. I was exhausted after the day was over.

Second best day - June 20th, 2006 - 27 caches found. Was a fun day out with a friend.

Best day single hike - Memorial day, 2005 - 17 caches found.

Second Best day single hike - Memorial day, 2006 - 13 caches found.

Edited by Webfoot