Good Places To Buy A Gps??

Hey all, Just got my tax refund and i'm ready to spend it all in one place...HEHE...I have been a pretty broke college stuident, but screw it, I WANT A GPS!!! So I was wondering where a good place to buy from was... So far I have found:

getagps.com

offroute.com

tigergps.com

Which one is the best?? I just dont want to get screwed and not get anything in return...Thanks SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! I CANT WAIT TO GEOCACHE!!

Pat

www.myspace.com/delayedsleep

I just got a Garmin Etrex Vista from Amazon.com for $200. It's the best price I have seen. They also give $30 off if you sign up for their credit card (which you can then cut up). It amazes me to see the prices people are paying for used units on E-Bay. It's often more than you would pay for a new gps.

Or look at TVNAV.COM. Their prices are usually within a few bucks of the competition and they can offer a lot of individualized advice based on their personal experience with the various units. I've purchased from them several times and never been disappointed in the equipment or the advice.

Jon

I just got a Garmin Etrex Vista from Amazon.com for $200. It's the best price I have seen. They also give $30 off if you sign up for their credit card (which you can then cut up). It amazes me to see the prices people are paying for used units on E-Bay. It's often more than you would pay for a new gps.

that's the place - got thee there one at a time - lowest prices found on the web and free shipping on all of them.

Just saw that, thanks!!!! I'm hanging on the page with my credit card out....OH BOY...OH BOY............What to do????? I WANT TO BUY IT, but..........AHHHHHHHHH................I mean $100 off is a great deal..............Ive printed the rebates off.....I hate choices....Hummmmmmmmm..............Oh man, this is tough................HEHE i'm such a dork sometimes.......LOL...................

Thinking hard

Delay

wal mart, gpscity, and amazon all are great places..just buy what you think will cover your needs for now and in the future the first time and dont make the mistake's i did and keep upgrading and changing in the first year i currently own a geko201, yellow etrex, vista c and a 60c just sold the vista original i also had...if you can find someone who has one of what you want and play with it..try it out and make an informative decsion..lol wish i had bought the 60c first...and dont get me statrted on my pda's and that stuff

Beware of ebay. I don't know what might happen to your warranty if you buy from an ebay auction. Personally, I love ebay, and I go there first when I am thinking of buying something. But, I am getting the shaft from a kayak paddle company on their warranty because I didn't buy from one of their dealers. It has caused me to re-think buying expensive items from an individual on e-bay. Plus, with the gps units I have looked at, the prices are not much better on e-bay than with other e-tailers.

I agree with everyone else, Amazon truly has the best online price.

Edited by guanavalleyguy

Sometimes it's worth a few extra bucks to buy from a local retailer.

If you have a problem, you can usually get immediate resolution, you're supporting the local enonomy and helping someone to keep their job, you can spend time comparing products in-hand, and you avoid excessive packaging (even though I'll be the first to admit that it's fun to get a package in the mail).

Geocaching is, after all, an outdoor sport, so why not go outside, drive to a local store, and spend your dollars locally.

Amazon has the 76CS for less than the 60CS right now - $399 vs $404. Get the credit card deal for an additional $30 off, plus the Garmin rebate and you have a very nice GPS for about $325. Free shipping, and you don't need to worry about tech support/warranty coverage that you might run into with an auction purchase.

I recently purchased a Meriplat from Compuplus and was very pleased. They appear to have absolutely the best pricing I have seen anywhere. But one word of caution, keep your eye on the shipping charges, they may seem unreasonalbly high, they are fast however. Best of luck with whatever purchase you make. cheers

I recently purchased a Meriplat from Compuplus and was very pleased. They appear to have absolutely the best pricing I have seen anywhere. But one word of caution, keep your eye on the shipping charges, they may seem unreasonalbly high, they are fast however. Best of luck with whatever purchase you make. cheers

Yes, the shipping charges are high, and I hated that, but even with high shipping charges, they had the lowest price. And yes, they are FAST!

thanks to everyone who has responed, you guys(gals) have helped me out totally....still not sure what I want to do yet...Im thinking about waiting, but dont want to wait...LOL.......I'm crazy sometimes when money is involved...I just put this into things: I have been smoking pot for sometime now, That is a total waste, I could buy a GPS...And then I think about my credit card, do I want to put more on it??? HEHEHE I'm nuts...Sorry!!! I'm sure you all are saying that is too much info..LOL....thanks again guys!!

Delay

OK I DID IT!! I bought from gpsexplorer.....WOOHOOO....so You will see me on here many times and whatnot.....................Wow I cant wait!! this is totally going to rock...I'm way excited.....God I'm a nerd...LOL...............thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delay

Very good choice!!!!!You won't be disappointed,that's for sure!!

Next time your parents get lost by car or on foot and they don't have a small superior GPSr with them,which will guide them back to the front door of their house,they won't think you're that retarted...I swear!!! :rolleyes:

Greetings from the Netherlands..

Edited by Raoul

I'm not real happy with GPSExplorer but I did finally get my 60CS from them. Some people have had good luck with them though so I hope you get yours quickly.

All of their guarantees and claims of customer service are BS.(Atleast from what I've seen from them) Now I'm just hoping they actually honor their own rebate.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=92722

Edited by Kenr74
Sometimes it's worth a few extra bucks to buy from a local retailer. 

If  you have a problem, you can usually get immediate resolution, you're supporting the local enonomy and helping someone to keep their job,  you can spend time comparing products in-hand, and you avoid excessive packaging (even though I'll be the first to admit that it's fun to get a package in the mail). 

Geocaching is, after all, an outdoor sport, so why not go outside, drive to a local store, and spend your dollars locally.

I could find no competetive prices around town for a MeriGold or Plat. Cheapest I saw was Wallyworld for 199$. Plus the place also had combos with Topo or Direct route and a power cable for some extra dough.

Extra stuff: By the time your tracking number is emailed to you, hopefully the s*** is already halfway to you. You want to see it as it goes? I'd rather it just get here. The delay is usually in their updating, not the actual shipping out. This was the case with Compuplus. Compuplus also has the best average in reviews i've seen.

Edited by Marcie/Eric

yeah it was kinda funny because my credit card company(wells fargo) called me this morning to make sure I charged....thats pretty cool that they made sure I made the deal....Anyway that would be totally cool if when I got home tonight from work its waiting for me...Ahh now that would be awesome....It wont happen, but hey why not dream? LOL....I will let ou all know what happens........

Delay

yeah it was kinda funny because my credit card company(wells fargo) called me this morning to make sure I charged....thats pretty cool that they made sure I made the deal....Anyway that would be totally cool if when I got home tonight from work its waiting for me...Ahh now that would be awesome....It wont happen, but hey why not dream? LOL....I will let ou all know what happens........

Delay

My credit card company called me, three times in a row, when I was building my latest PC. I told them that I use it regularly for online purchases. Requested that they not call me for online purchases shipped to my billing address.

Delay

Man.....you must really want that GPS to arrive!!!! :lol:

Hope you don't have a girlfriend,because she's gonna miss out on some serious quality time with you when the GPS arrives!!! :lol:

HEHE I totally want it now: I got this today from gpsexplorer

It shows on your order that we submit that to the warehouse today for next day shipment. We won’t get a tracking number until tomorrow. Once we get the tracking number from the warehouse we will contact you via email with the information. Thank you for your business.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Paula

www.gpsexplorer.com

800-477-8910

Soooooooo.........It looks like I should get it tomorrow I hope, Otherwise, I'm not going to be a happy camper...LOL

I do have a Girlfriend, We will totally be going out and playing with it!! I just hope its here by tomorrow so I can play with it on friday after work...LOL!! I can't wait!

Delay

Here is what I got today in my e-mail from gpsexploerer:

"We are sorry to inform you the item was out of stock yesterday. We will have this shipped for you. Once the item is shipped we will send you a tracking number via email. Thank you for your business."

Now wait a minute, they could charge my card with no problem, but it was out of stock? They even say they wouldnt charge my card untill it was shipped.....Sounds fishy to me..........What do you think I should do? Call them and bitch about charging my card and not letting me know it was out of stock? I mean the lst mail I got from them sounded like it was in the warehouse.....Ahhh it better be here damnit!!!!

Delay

I sent them an e-mail...I just pretty much said, "Hey guys put yourself in my shoes".....I told them they need to let their customers know when an Item isnt in stock and not to charge their card.......Ahhh i'm mad.....very mad....This company is crap....I am wondering if they will even honor their rebate.....I will keep you posted on what happens.....Oh yeah I told them If its not here by tomorrow, I would like something in return...That would be cool if they threw in a case or something, that way I would be cool with that.....Its not going to happen and I'm starting to wonder if I will ever see my 60cs.........So the moral, DONT ORDER FROM GPSEXPLORER.COM!!!!!

Delay

Newest response:

"We are sorry to inform you that we may not give you nay extra items in addition to what you have ordered. Your order will be shipped out today. You will receive the order tomorrow."

Ok so it seems like they are rushing it...thats good....If it doesnt show up tomorrow, I will be irrate!!! I will keep you posted!!!