Overhauling A Yjtb

VegasCacheHounds

Okay, I finally found a YJTB in a cache nearby, and was a little disappointed that it was no longer Yellow. Heck, its right there in the title :( . Now, this isn't a post about "mistreating" someones TB, just a note of personal feelings. No angst meant :(

Plus, this Jeep was a little worse for wear. The windsheild was broken, and one wheel was bent askew. So, what to do? Overhaul it!

Here is the link for the YJTB. I still have it, but after redoing the windsheild again (my first attempt to redo it didn't last long, so a new method is needed) I plan on sending it back out.

Nice!!!!!  :(

Thanks, I just decided to have a little fun with it. Not the best paint job, but the previous paint wasn't on that even, and it didn't come off easily either. Still, I like it :(

Duke blue? Ugh!

(Now throw some Orange with that Blue... :( )

I'm sure you've gathered how I feel about College Basketball from the Off Topic area, so I had to do something to this poor bug!

Once again I am amazed at how many people don't care that Jeep Paid Money for this promotion and they're defacing other people's property.

Obviously, in this case it doesn't start with the original poster, but still.. Here's two examples on one bug. Hey, at least you turned it back to yellow. The last two Jeep TB posts before this one were about completely swapping out the diecast and someone who kept a jeep as a personal tb.

As for that blue and orange... Wrong team, guys... *thinkin about a little red and black myself*

Okay, dangit, no highjacking my thread with College Basketball. It is bad enough that it takes over the month of March, but if it is so pervasive that it takes over one of the few threads I've started, I'll have to lock it down B)

Now, back on topic, I didn't like that the bug was painted, but I'm not going to go on a crusade about it. Some of the pics I've seen of painted YJTBs look neat. I was disappointed to see that the first one I've been able to find wasn't yellow, and that was why I returned it to yellow. As far as the other mods I did, I'd like to know if anyone would be truly disappointed to find a YJTB like that, including the folks from Jeep. Heck, I imagine they'd probably get a kick out of it!

Besides, it is still in better shape than I found it, and no matter what I did to it, it couldn't come close to the JA that ran over one with his X-Terra. :mad:

Shannon

fly46 - Red and Black? With where you live, i figured you would be with me and go with the Orange and White!!!

Go Vols!!!

Yeah, red and black:

90588.jpeg

You should have seen me one day when the red and black were playing the white and orange. Can't really stand in N'ville and cheer against them during one of their biggest rivalries. Oh well. lol.

Getting this back on topic, some people wonder why travel bugs go missing. This log, from that YJTB's page is the perfect example of what can happen:

11/27/2004 WolfnWendy retrieved it from Travel Bug Graveyard Kansas

I found this in the hands of a friends child. It was taken from my stuff and the parent didnt know where it was from till I mentioned that I had one taken from me. Those muggles come in all sizes.

Happily, it got back on the road

Edited by Eartha

woo-hoo! GO ORANGE! woot, woot, woot!

recently i picked up a YJTB from which (*coughorangemen cough*) the YJ had been swapped for a J of a different color.

naturally i did the decent thing: i swapped that one out for a cute little yellow schoolbus. (*coughorangecough*)

That poor little Jeep...another less caring cacher might have just put it out of its misery. I just found my first YJTB this past weekend, and it's in great shape. Checking the log, I'm only the 10th cacher to log it. Isn't that a really low number?

Considering how fas they are diasappearing into people's personal collections, I'm suprised it has survived 10 trades. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is a YJTB. The tag came off for the pictures.

The Dollar Store had a six-pack of little 4x4s for a buck.

We canibalized the wheels and axles then hacksawed the top off a hotwheels car motor.

The axles fit in the stock slots and a drop of super-glue holds the motor to the hood.

I try to do something to all the jeeps I find!

Nice upgrades on the YJTB, very cool!

And not every Jeep TB is yellow..... :huh:

Now that's an original TB! I ran across a page for a mobile cache that was attached to someone's car once, but never thought about a mobile TB.

As far as the upgraded YJTBs go.. I think the yellow ones are cool. I really like the addition of the TB logo on the hood of the first one. The paint job it did have was horrible. I tend to agree with someone's comments that the mods (big tires, etc) are in the spirit of Jeep and I don't think they'd care. I wouldn't if it was my TB, as long as it looked good... it'd be nice to know someone was taking such good care of the TB.