Snooze & Lose ???

gridlox

Me and my bro-in-law have been in the plans of making & placing a really nice cache in a certain spot.

The only reason we haven't placed it yet is because we are looking into possibly having it as the final of a multi and are looking for other areas for the other possible locations.

The spot is a place for a really good ammobox "in-town" hide.

A small wooded area right behind our church building. (It belongs to the church, so permission isn't a problem)

Now our plans are ruined!!

Seems just this week someone seen fit to hide a micro on a light post at a restaurant adjacent to the church property. (I'm assuming it's a light post. I haven't bothered to find it yet)

Now our planned "quality" hide has been squashed because of the micro because it's just within 300 feet of our proposed hide spot.

We really want to place this "quality" hide, but are unsure on what to do now.

What I'd really like to do would be to make the micro become AWOL. :) But because of the track record of hides by the hider, another micro to replace the missing one would be NO PROBLEM :D

(Don't worry, I'm not that kinda person)

If this was you, how would you go about proceeding to try and get your hide placed?

I know this post has the potential to get into the "Lame Micro" debate, so let's not beat a dead horse here.

Thanks for your ideas.

D-man :D

Edited by gridlox

I'm not picking on you, I'm just offering my opinion.

Seems to me that before you come to the forums to ask the opinions of fellow cachers you should contact the owner of the new mico and tell him/her the exact same thing you typed here. THEN, if he/she says "to heck with you" you come back to the forums and ask for advice.

Maybe they thought the area was prime for a cache, but didn't know about possible access to the woods.

:) Good Luck

Now our planned "quality" hide has been squashed because of the micro because it's just within 300 feet of our proposed hide spot.

We really want to place this "quality" hide, but are unsure on what to do now.

I know this post has the potential to get into the "Lame Micro" debate, so let's not beat a dead horse here.

What I really find is your post is very presumptious. First you assume your going to have a really "QUALITY" hide and then you blast someone else. I agree with the previous post send an email to the other cache owner. But to come here and say a cache is lame is not right.

cheers

1. You have no idea of the quality of the micro in question, yet you blast it. :)

2. You snoozed...you lose.

3. You have no idea of the quality of the micro in question, yet you blast it. :D

4. You hint that if someone's cache is stolen...it's somehow a good thing.

5. You have no idea of the quality of the micro in question, yet you blast it. :D

I feel your pain. There is a really nice privately owned park not to far from my home. The park has several signs indicating that it is privately owned, but it's not clear if public access is allowed or not so I was seeking permission to place a cache there. There are dozens of areas to place a full sized cache.

A new cacher tossed a cache out before I could get permission (you can decide if the size matters or not, that wasnt' the biggest issue here, but it certainly was an issue). When I saw it posted, I emailed and asked (politely) where I should have asked for permission. I recieved no response. A few days later I got the chance to look for it and I hinted to that in my log, and still no answer.

It's a great spot, and could hold a full sized cache - but I didn't want to place it there without permission. I'm still not sure if the person has permission, but the lack of a response has me concerned.

In response to the statement "you didn't find the micro, but you blast it" - that's what happens with the vast majority of micros people find are poorly hidden in bland areas - they start to associate ALL micros with crap hides. It's not fair, but it happens.

sd

OK, you guys are right.

I do "assume" the other hide is a lame hide.

This is based on "my" perception of what I consider "lame".

A magnetic/film case stuck on a lightpole in a otherwise uninteresting parking lot is lame, "IN MY OPINION".

Will I hunt them?

OF COURSE I WILL!!

A cache is a cache. Thrill of the hunt and all that jazz...

But they do not and will not ever hold the satisfaction of a hide in a better location, IN MY OPINION. Micro, Traditonal, Virtual, or otherwise all included.

I know it sounds if I am knocking the hider because of the "track record" comment, but I'm not. Just this particular hide.

The hider has placed a good number of micros is the only reason I made that comment.

But since you guys aren't familiar with them then you had no way of knowing that. Sorry!

In fact, they have placed a number of micros in very interesting areas that I have high on my list to search for when I have the time from work to get back out there and spend the time looking.

As far as me saying our hide is a "quality" hide is again based on "my" perception of what I consider a "quality" hide.

"Quality" in this instance (our planned hide) means - "A traditional large ammo box with LOTS of trade items that will appeal to both kids and adults alike. Suburban/Urban hide that is NOT a micro."

Your right, that does sound that way.

I said that as more of a feeling of desperation of the fact of losing our hide spot than of actual meaning of doing such.

Let me clarify - I do not advocate stealing a cache to make it inactive so you can place your cache.

Boy! I just stepped myself of into a big ol' cow chip with this one didn't I!?! :)

Redirecting my original question in the next reply so it will stand out and not get lost at the bottom of this one.

D-man :D

OK, I think I need to redirect the question of the original post...

Given the info above...

You are the hider of the "micro"...

If contacted by another member asking if you would make your micro inactive so they could place a traditional trade friendly cache very near by in a wooded area, would you do it?

Or would you be offended?

Thanks for the replies.

D-man :)

If contacted by another member asking if you would make your micro nactive so they could place a traditional trade friendly cache very near by in a wooded area, would you do it?

I've placed a few micro caches in the woods. If someone mailed me and asked me to remove one of them so they could put their own cache there instead I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't place a cache if I thought it was completely "lame", and I don't think anyone else would either.

I place some micro but I don't think they are LAME as I put some thought into what I am doing. Okay it might be a simple but it involves something. I only have one micro that is a straight forward here are the coords go find it. But it was an experiament and besides the park it is in is to STERILE to hide much of anything. So why do you think some one hides a micro???? It seems funny that they found the spot so BORING that they hide a micro there when you had a great hide lined up 300 feet away. Why was thier area so boring. O'well I guess your have to find a differant spot to go hind you cache. Besides I have seen some pretty LAME traditional cache, i.e. walk through a field find a tree and look under the pile of sticks. So it isn't the container that makes a cache LAME it is the imagination that goes into making the seek and find.

cheers

I may be mistaken....but...if you place it as the final step of a multi it will be exempt from the 1/10th mile rule. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Yes, you'd be mistaken. :) Proximity/cache saturation guidelines apply to all stages of a multicache. Some reviewers are more strict than others regarding intermediate stages and virtual stages of multi's, but all of us check the location of the final cache container.

I may be mistaken....but...if you place it as the final step of a  multi it will be exempt from the 1/10th mile rule.  Wouldn't hurt to check.

You're mistaken.

If contacted by another member asking if you would make your micro inactive so they could place a traditional trade friendly cache very near by in a wooded area, would you do it?

I wouldn't be offended. I'd think you have a set of brass ones and tell you heck no.

Edited by briansnat

I don't think it's cool to ask somone to archive their work so you can place something there. They got there first is all. Whether you like the type or not shouldn't come into play at all. If anything, add it to your watchlist. Parking lot micros, for obvious reasons tend to come up missing more than cans in the woods. I would in no way help it become missing. But once/if it does at least you will know right away and be able to jump on that spot.

OK, I think I need to redirect the question of the original post...

Given the info above...

You are the hider of the "micro"...

Thanks for the replies.

D-man :lol:

I would not make mine inactive and I would not be offended by the inquiry.

I believe there is plenty of real estate out there for all of us to place caches even when a potential great spot is taken out of the picture because it falls within 500 feet of another cache regardless of container size.

I beleive you should just rethink your hide, I am sure you will come up with a challenging new location.

Does the final stage also have to be .1 mile from another cache? There's many in my area that fall short.

But I would suggest e-mailing the owner, explain what you were trying to do and see if maybe you could share the area in time. If they would archive their micro and open up the area for your cache to be placed. But for the time being it does seem that when you snooze...you do indeed lose.

I've been chomping at the bit to place a cache near the local artist's depot. There's a local cacher who is wanting to do a multi that involves the building so I have held off. Exactly how long I'm going to be able to resist, remains to be seen.

:lol:  Proximity/cache saturation guidelines apply to all stages of a multicache.

Cache Saturation

The reviewers use a rule of thumb that caches placed within .10 miles (528 feet or 161 meters) of another cache may not be listed on the site. This is an arbitrary distance and is just a guideline, but the ultimate goal is to reduce the number of caches hidden in a particular area and to reduce confusion that might otherwise result when one cache is found while looking for another.

On the same note, don't go cache crazy and hide a cache every 600 feet just because you can. If you want to create a series of caches, the reviewer may require you to create a multi-cache, if the waypoints are close together.

Multi-Caches

There are many variations to multi-stage caches. The most common is that in which the first cache or waypoint contains or provides coordinates to the next location. Another popular variant is a series of multiple waypoints, each of which provide partial coordinates for the final cache’s position. Please provide the coordinates of all waypoints in the “note to reviewer” section of the cache report form when submitting a multi-cache. The reviewer will delete the text prior to approval.

Where in the guidelines does it say that the waypoints of a multi must be .10 (528 ft.) And what is the difference between a cache and a waypoint.

Yup - I'd be at least open for dicussion of the cache location. Alternatives like co-ownership come to mind. Maybe the hider was eyeing up the woods, but was afraid to ask for church permission ?

The phrasing of the original opening letter would be very important to opening the conversation however. It would be very easy to give the wrong impression of your opinions and ideas, so tread lightly.

Same thing happened to us when we were just starting out. Found a GREAT place, and as we were building the container, another cacher placed a micro in the same area. Sure we were disappointed for about a week, but there's no way in *ell we would ask them to remove it. That's an insult to your fellow cachers. We sucked it up and kept looking until we found an even better place for our container. I would suggest you do the same. Not familiar with your area, but I'm sure you can find another great place for your multi. Think of this experience as a lesson learned the hard way. Don't dally when you've got a great idea! Fill out the online form, mark that it's not active, get it placed as quickly as possible, and activate it. Next time you'll know better! :ninja:

I'd also recommend emailing the micro owner, explaining the situation, and suggesting a collaboration. He or she may not agree, but it doesn't hurt to ask (very politley).

To answer your question, I wouldn't be offended if someone asked me, and if they were considerate about the way they approached me and I thought they had a better idea, I'd work with them to find a solution. Besides a shared cache or a multi, maybe he or she can move the mirco to the other side of the parking lot, and you can move yours to the other side of the woods, and you can get more than 528 feet between them.

Most cachers are concerned about the quality of their caches - don't sell the person short just because they hide micros. On the other hand, if they don't care about the quality of the cache, they probably won't care about the location, and they may be more than willing to move it.

On the other hand, if they say "no", you have to respect their wishes (they were there first) and find another place to hide your cache.

:ninja:  Proximity/cache saturation guidelines apply to all stages of a multicache.

Cache Saturation

The reviewers use a rule of thumb that caches placed within .10 miles (528 feet or 161 meters) of another cache may not be listed on the site. This is an arbitrary distance and is just a guideline, but the ultimate goal is to reduce the number of caches hidden in a particular area and to reduce confusion that might otherwise result when one cache is found while looking for another.

On the same note, don't go cache crazy and hide a cache every 600 feet just because you can. If you want to create a series of caches, the reviewer may require you to create a multi-cache, if the waypoints are close together.

Multi-Caches

There are many variations to multi-stage caches. The most common is that in which the first cache or waypoint contains or provides coordinates to the next location. Another popular variant is a series of multiple waypoints, each of which provide partial coordinates for the final cache’s position. Please provide the coordinates of all waypoints in the “note to reviewer” section of the cache report form when submitting a multi-cache. The reviewer will delete the text prior to approval.

Where in the guidelines does it say that the waypoints of a multi must be .10 (528 ft.) And what is the difference between a cache and a waypoint.

Seems like you answered your own question. You use the term "waypoints of a multi" as a way of making it sound like there's really nothing there. But there is, in fact, a cache there. People have to physically be there to log it whether it's a single cache or a stage of a multi, and that's what the "guideline" is all about.

That said, it is only a "guideline." Why not explain the situation to the local approver and ask for a exception? Seems like this might be an example of a parking lot micro and a woods standard co-existing within the .1 guideline.

I may be mistaken....but...if you place it as the final step of a  multi it will be exempt from the 1/10th mile rule.  Wouldn't hurt to check.

Yes, you'd be mistaken. :mad: Proximity/cache saturation guidelines apply to all stages of a multicache. Some reviewers are more strict than others regarding intermediate stages and virtual stages of multi's, but all of us check the location of the final cache container.

OOOPS!!!! B) Well its not the first time.....probably not the last...... :( My bad.

You snoozed and lost. Why is this even an issue?

Why not go ahead with your "quality hide" somewhere else? It's hard to believe that in your town there is only that one spot for an ammo can. If you look hard enough you'll find another one I'm sure.

It doesn't even have to be in a wooded area. An ammo can hidden somewhere other than "in the woods" would be a great cache.

If you politely emailed me and asked me to move, or to archive, a micro just because you were "planning" on hiding a regular cache, I'd politely tell you no.

I feel your pain.

I'm sure everyone who has responded, if they have placed caches and had someone else "beat them to it" knows the feeling of frustration and anger-- even if it's not justified anger-- at someone else "stealing" your spot.

It's even worse when you've been carefully researching the hide and trying to contact land management and someone seems to jump in without apparently doing any of the prior research that you've done.

All I can offer is my commiseration. I doubt the micro owner will archive their cache for you, but I hope you can find an even better spot for your final stage of the multi.

I bet its happened to me 100 times. I pass really cool locations for months, thinking how I need to place a cache there. I even fantasize about the wording of the description and I have always have caches 'ready to go'. I just don't get around to placing it.

Then some dirty so-and-so places one there and steals my spot. I would have placed it in the next week or so. Maybe. :lol:

I would move/archive my micro instantly if asked to do so for the purpose of placing an ammo can nearby, it is simply the unselfish thing to do as ammo cans appeal to a larger pool of potential seekers, including the little ones.

It is not about me or my hides, it is about what serves the larger purpose and makes it best for everyone else - simply a measure of character.

I have been slammed for my placement of micros but the slammer has not suggested they want to place a better cache, they just want to complain - you, however, have a genuine premise to present for the good, you will most certainly succeed by contacting the place of the micro.

I'm not picking on you, I'm just offering my opinion.

Seems to me that before you come to the forums to ask the opinions of fellow cachers you should contact the owner of the new mico and tell him/her the exact same thing you typed here. THEN, if he/she says "to heck with you" you come back to the forums and ask for advice.

Maybe they thought the area was prime for a cache, but didn't know about possible access to the woods.

I agree I would try to contact the owner and come to an agreement.

If he says the heck though with it like posted above I would just turn it into a multi.

A point from your original question that seems to me is being missed by everyone is the fact that it is a private park (church owned) that you wanted to place the "full size" cache in. The other cacher realized that and didn't want to get permission so he went with the next best (?) thing...a lamp post. I have the same situation here...a small church owned park with no cache around. I am going to ask them (I know some people who attend) if I can place a cache container there. What would I do if another cacher stuck a micro close by? E-mail him/her and explain the situation and ask if he/see would mind moving it to another lamp post. I would even volunteer to help. Now the flip side...what would I do if I received the e-mail? I wouldn't have a problem in moving the micro if it doesn't have any kind of a story behind it for the spot it is in...like church history or something.

...The other cacher realized that and didn't want to get permission so he went with the next best (?) thing...a lamp post. ...

E-mail him/her and explain the situation and ask if he/see would mind moving it to another lamp post. ...

I'm sorry, but I have to call Shenanigans. Your post made two statements about the original post that are not necessarily true.

You stated that that the hider hid a light pole micro because he didn't get permission from the church to hide in the park.

We do not know this from the original post. Based on the first post, we neither know whether the cache is a lightpole micro nor do we know the hider's motivation for hiding it wherever it is.

If I was the hider and I read this thread, there is no way that I would move the cache.

Edited by sbell111
We do not know this from the original post. Based on the first post, we neither know whether the cache is a lightpole micro nor do we know the hider's motivation for hiding it wherever it is.

If I was the hider and I read this thread, there is no way that I would move the cache.

No...we do not know if the suspect cache is on a lightpole. I was going off what the original poster stated...

Seems just this week someone seen fit to hide a micro on a light post at a restaurant adjacent to the church property. (I'm assuming it's a light post. I haven't bothered to find it yet)

I apologize to the caching community and the cacher who hid the cache for jumping to that conclusion.

As far as the motivation of the cacher to post...I mean hide the micro cache...I stated...

I wouldn't have a problem in moving the micro if it doesn't have any kind of a story behind it for the spot it is in...like church history or something.

Which I think covers your second point (?).

As to your last statement...I don't see anything in my thread that would cause the hider to not want to move his/her (cover all bases) cache to a different location. Again I apologize to the hider if I did say something that would make them mad and make them want to hold on to their pole...or tree...or bush...or....whatever...that was not my intent. I was trying to answer the originators question. :D

:D:lol::D:D:D

Sorry for the second post but I was rereading above and I have two questions?

I'm sorry, but I have to call Shenanigans.

What is a Shenanigan?

and...

Then some dirty so-and-so places one there and steals my spot.

Why is it okay for you to "flame" other faster cachers with dirty name calling?

:lol:

Most cachers are concerned about the quality of their caches - don't sell the person short just because they hide micros.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT selling the person short at all.

Especially in the case of the micros they have hid.

Like I stated above they have a set of quality micros that are high on my list to search out when the time comes that I can get back out and look for them.

Just this particular "parking lot" micro is the one I had a problem with, because it killed our planned hide is the ONLY reason for asking what I did.

If they say "no" then that will be the end of it.

I just wanted to see how you guys would feel if you were in their shoes.

Mainly to get a consensus of you guys opinions, to guage on how to handle contacting them when the time comes that we want to place the cache.

:rolleyes::blink::huh: Too divided to call :(:P:P

I strongly believe that the main reason for placing the cache at the location they did is the same reason we wanted to hide one in this area.

Caches on "this" side of town are very few!!

Our reasons for wanting to place the cache in this particular location is because even though it is in a wooded area, it is on top of a hill in a small clearing that gives a great view of the surrounding area but yet only a short easy walk when entered from the church parking lot.

Their hide is in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant at the bottom of the hill with no special meaning as far as I know.

Heck, what do I know, 20 some odd years ago that spot was nothing more than a wooded area with a small dirt turn around for large trucks that went behind a small patch of trees. Very popular with the necking crowd on weekend nights!! The hider may have been conceaved there!! :P(THAT WAS A JOKE!!!)

I don't blame them for hiding one here.

Like I said, there are very few caches on this side of town.

So, yes, we could find an alternate place to put this cache.

And a cache will also be placed in the alternate spot even if we place this one.

In fact we have several areas scouted out already for more caches on this side of town.

A couple are even micros. But none are lame(IN MY OPINION) parking lot micros.

Even though I will hunt them, I get very little satifaction from finding them.

So, I will not hide that type.

What we (my bro-in-law & I) have planned is placing approxiamately 8 to 10 caches on this side of town and then release them all in one weekend as soon as the spring weather breaks and we have a good warm, dry, sun shiny weekend in the forcast.

This spot was just one of them. The spot was one of our better ones we had scouted.

If we can't hide it, no biggy.

But we'd really like to, if we can.

Thanks for your replies.

D-man :P

Edited by gridlox

:rolleyes:

By the way - I took sbell111's reply there as a a bit of sarcasism.

Hence the "I would have placed it in the next week or so. Maybe?"

Meaning they were in the same situation I was.

They Snoozed & Loosed.

Noting really meant by calling them a "dirty so-and-so", but at the time of finding out you lost the spot it sure makes you feel that way.

But it passes and we go on!!

PEACE!! :blink:

I have face several similar situations. I spent the better half of a year planning and scouting locations for a seven stage multi that would have taken cachers on a scenic "Sunday Drive", and by the time I had six locations ready (none micros) a batch of micros poped up all within a few weeks, all in the name of filling a "Cache deficient area" and some were within feet or even inches of my planned spots. It bothered me for a while but I got over it. I would have to agree with the poster who reccommended contacting the owner of the cache in question. Maybe in a more gentle way than your OP here. You may want to find their cache, to see how "Lame" it is or isn't and consider if that could be the first part of your multi, done in conjunction with the other hider. I don't know if there is any guananteed way to achieve your wishes, but I feel your pain. Good Luck, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

As for all those who see fit to flame this OP, I liked the fact that the OP made no mention of the name, waypoint, of owner of the micro in question, so why be so harsh. Maybe I could suggest that you guys go out and find some lame micros and get your smileys, instead of sitting at your desk blasting forumers in order to up your post count.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Thanks Robert.

Your right, I didn't list the cache or cacher specifically in the OP because I didn't want to offend them (if they were to come here and read the post).

Just a bit of "lack of thinking out what I wanted to say to begin with".

With a bit of cross referencing my screen name with my location and their hides, they could have probably figured out which hide I was refering to.

(I haven't ever seen any post made by them here, so I don't think they even participate in the forums.)

Not to excuse it, but that would have been bridge I would have to cross on my own if it were to have happened.

I never intended to "blast" the hide, as some called it, but in a sense I did.

I stand corrected and verified what my original intent of the OP was.

"Mainly to get the feeling of others if I were to contact them with my request."

A couple more quick thoughts behind the hide(s):

Although these aren't set in stone to be a multi, by releasing them all at once, we do want them to be a springboard to a good day/weekend of caching when the weather breaks and hopefully be a way to get the whole bunch of our area cachers out and about and back into the swing of things after the winter duldrums.

=========

In the "Getting Started" section, something was brought up about "Religious" caches. And this made me think that some might think that is why we are wanting this spot.

Just to verify- this is a normal trade cache and has no ulterior religious motives behind them. The church property is just a good prime location for a hiding spot.

D-man :rolleyes:

Edited by gridlox
QUOTE (WARedBear @ Mar 15 2005, 05:53 PM)

ph34r.gif

By the way - I took sbell111's reply there as a a bit of sarcasism.

Hence the "I would have placed it in the next week or so. Maybe?"

Yes, I knew that it was a general "feeling" and not a "flame" toward any cacher. I have felt the same way a time or two for the same reason. The point of the statement was in regards to how my comments were torn apart, put under the microscope and nit-picked to death but yet others make statements (including the poster) that get ignored or laughed at :huh: . I didn't mean any harm or mean to jump to any conclusions about the original post. I was just posting my comments and ideas like everyone here. :P I just wondered why I was picked out of the crowd? :rolleyes:

Nothing personal against sbell111. :( Hopefully no bad feelings. :blink:

I couple of suggestions:

First, go find the micro cache in question to see if it is a quality hide. If it is, then move on and find a new location. If you do think it is of low quality, or has no redeeming value beyond another micro smilie proceed:

Second, contact the owner and explain the location you were working on. Invite them to come out and see where you were planning on hiding the cache. A face to face discussion is a lot better for these type of things than via e-mail in my opinion. They are generally more friendly and personal. E-mails can tend to come off as being mean and cold, even then they aren't intended to be.

Third, accept the outcome what ever it is and move on. Go find some caches and be happy!

--Marky

Edited by Marky

If I had a new micro that was blocking placement of a full-sized cache, I would agree to archive it. After all, I know my kids prefer to find a big can full of goodies and I'm sure lots of other people - especially those with chldren - do too. HOWEVER, I would tell the person asking to wait a while. Let the locals who are so inclined find the micro and let it build up some history. After all, I did go to the trouble of placing it - I would like to see how it fares. Then, when the finds slow down a bit, I would give up the spot and let you have it. Now around where I live, that would be maybe be about 3-4 months. Your mileage may vary.

1. You have no idea of the quality of the micro in question, yet you blast it. :rolleyes:

2. You snoozed...you lose.

3. You have no idea of the quality of the micro in question, yet you blast it. :blink:

5. You have no idea of the quality of the micro in question, yet you blast it. :huh:

It seems that the cacher seems to know the quality of the cache cause he knows exactly where it is I would ask an approver to look at it he will probaly let you be exempt there are certain circumstances where the approver may break the rules other wise they would have computers check it.

Update.

Seems I was a little hasty in caling this a "lame" light pole hide.

Stopped by this morning and found the cache in question.

Actually it was very well hid and out of the norm for a parking lot cache.

My apologies to the hider!! :anibad:

Then spent some time walking around the church property taking measurements.

While we can't hide it where we originally wanted to, we can still hide it on the back side of the property owned by the church furthest away from the other hide.

Actually in combination with our hide, the other micro, and a benchmark that is on the church property, it will probably be a draw for cachers to seek out all of them just to have the triple play. :anibad:

I guess I've learned a good lesson here.

Don't ASSUME the worst until you check all the factors involved. All may not be lost.

D-man :anibad:

Edited by gridlox
Why cant you get a hold of the other cacher and make it a joint venture where you incorperate both the micro,and your planned cach,and share the cache page.

B)

That's an idea.

I think someone mentioned that further back.

But at the time, I dismissed it.

Not sure what we're going to do as of yet. :ph34r:

My bro-in-law has got some input to this one also, and he's not willing to share the spot. <_<

I'm bout ready to just scrap this one because of him. :ph34r:

He got me into Geocaching, but he's not as passionate about it as I am.

We occasionally go out together and he likes to find the hide and dash to the next one.

I'd rather take the time to enjoy the area.

We found one that was basically a quick dash & cache in a small park. Me and my daughter walked around and scoped it out for a bit because it was the first time we had ever been there. He was a basket case, just jumping at the bit to get on the road to the next one.

Thanks for everones input.thumb.gif

D-man :ph34r: