Don't You Just Love This Weather?

Og's outfit

It has been amazing in Western Washington lately... I was at a cache in the woods a couple weeks ago, couldn't find it, came back and got it two days later. The difference in greenery in just two days blew me away. Like a month of regular Washington weather time.

is it true that trillium only blooms once every seven years? Or iis that just a fallacy?

I think that is a fallacy, but you do hear that when you pick a trillium it won't bloom again for seven years.

From the Royal BC Museum, natural history research:

"Trilliums have been protected unofficially by the folk belief that if you pick the bloom, the plant will not flower for seven years. This belief exaggerates the impact of picking the flower, but removing the stem and food-making leaves will set the plant back. Trilliums will however readily grow in your garden so there is no need to take them from the wild. "

There has been 3 earthquakes in the last month, a volcanic eruption, no snow in the mountains, a pending drought, we can't flush our toilets, there was a giant fireball in the sky last night, el nino is in play, oh..the ozone hole, so much sun we'll probably all get skin cancer and Mr. Nudecacher couldn't care less, St Helens and maybe Rainer is gonna blow, oh..and that eruption of the washington coast, ....the Earth is going to blow up!!!the dinosuars are gonna come back ...AND BOY ARE THEY MAD!!!, we're all gonna die!

...ahh, sorry. Yeah. It's been really nice lately. :lol:

nice flower pic!

There has been 3 earthquakes in the last month, a volcanic eruption, no snow in the mountains, a pending drought, we can't flush our toilets, there was a giant fireball in the sky last night, el nino is in play, oh..the ozone hole, so much sun we'll probably all get skin cancer and Mr. Nudecacher couldn't care less, St Helens and maybe Rainer is gonna blow, oh..and that eruption of the washington coast, ....the Earth is going to blow up!!!the dinosuars are gonna come back ...AND BOY ARE THEY MAD!!!, we're all gonna die!

...ahh, sorry. Yeah. It's been really nice lately. :anibad:

nice flower pic!

Oh my God, I just noticed this post and it made me sploorsh Diet Pepsi all over my laptop! Hilarious! :anibad:

is it true that trillium only blooms once every seven years? Or iis that just a fallacy?

I do find it interesting that the color and size of the trilliums change each year at Camp Long in West Seattle. This year they are small and white, last year they were small and purple, the year before large and white and the year before large and purple. Lost of them out already this year. A good excuse to get out and find Peace Box. Peace, Nolenator

Edited by nolenator