Congratulations Questmaster & Trigo

IMLost

Finally geocaching has gotten some good press with the hard work of Questmaster and everyone who helped in this CITO

The Fab Five recognizes those sites that have remained clean as a result of dedicated volunteer commitment and community-wide involvement. The sites are located in: Forbes State Forest, Fayette County; Michaux State Forest, Cumberland County; Rothrock State Forest, Huntingdon County; Sproul State Forest, Centre County; and Valley Forge State Forest, Delaware County. DCNR works in partnership with PA CleanWays, a non-profit organization, to identify dumpsites and to form community volunteer teams to help remove the waste and monitor the sites.

Read the whole article here.

This is a great cache (like all Quest Master caches) because of its scenic view and the challenge of accessing it... the CITO aspect is a very cool bonus and a unique concept for regular caches in Western PA. I haven't found it yet. I'm saving it for a twofer (along with "Scattered Remains") for someday when my Pathfinder will drive me to the cache without getting stuck. Nearby these is yet another Quest Master cache, "Polly Takes the Plunge," which is the best cache I've ever done out of nearly 1300 thus far. I highly recommend this cluster of stellar caches as a weekend destination.

Thanks for posting this!

I was unaware of the recognition. I don't know how much the cache contributed to keeping the area clean because it doesn't see a whole lot of traffic but I'm pleased that somebody thinks that it's making a difference. It probably does help some whenever somebody picks up even one bag of the most obvious trash because litter does tend to attract more litter. People tend to think twice about throwing down a beer can in a cleaned-up area. I'd personally like to thank everyone who tried this cache and did their part to pick up some of the garbage.