Geocaching.com Maps

Joe Smith

When reading over the "caches along a route" thread i decided to try out some ideas. Using a few PQ's, GSAK, mapsource, and S&T I was not having too much luck.

I found it much easier to just follow my route using the Geocaching.com maps and pick the ones that looked good.

The biggest setback was the small size of the map screen. If it were larger i would have been able to cover the area in less time.

So could we make the GC.com maps bgger?

Joe Smith

I use S&T for my planning, personally. I just create a S&T export file using either GSAK or gpsbabel and import it in as pushpins. Then I can zoom in and out, scroll around, etc. in S&T and highlight the ones on my route that I want to find.

Works good for me - But I'm not saying that bigger maps wouldn't be a good thing for the site. :huh:

If theres some specific problem you're having getting S&T to work with geocache data, let me know and I'll see what I can help with.

Thanks for the offer,

I think the problem was in the pocket queries or GSAK. Personay i found it easier and less time consuming to just do it with GC.com maps, so that's what i did.

I like PQ's, for getting updated local information. For caches along a route, the easiest (for me) is still the gc maps

Thanks,

Joe Smith