New Jeep Promo?

bushwackin' schmo

Noticed that to!

All those "missing" YJTB that everybody seems to gripe about really discouraged that poor owner, Jeep4x4. Guess he/she/it is going to dig deep again, and though it must be a real financial strain, is going to persevere and give those self-righteous GC'ers something MORE trivial to whine about.

:lol:

Edited by MRCOGEO

There are some concerns that the disappearance rate among YJTB will discourage another promotion like this ever again, guess that has proven to be false.

You are quite right the keeping of YJTB as attributed to selfishness is a whole other problem and people will continue to discuss it.

Admittedly I wasn’t thinking of relaying a “point” in any way shape or form. My sarcasm has been getting the better of me lately anyway. Since I was off topic, I'll yet again bow out of another YJTB thread with my apology.

Edited by MRCOGEO

According to the Jeep website (link posted above by the OP):

The 2005 Program promises to be bigger and better! So check back in June for the all new adventure.

So, let's all check back in June, shall we?

In the meantime, if you want something to look forward to sooner, check out my signature line. :)

Ditto, There are two caches within 10 miles that state they have the Jeep TB, I went out of my way to go to both of them only to come up empty.

It would have been nice to see one and send it on it's way.

Dave

I went to a cache site that a YJTB is still on that page, but the YJTB is not in the cache.. It is disappointing because I was looking forward to participating in it.

Before heading to a cache that has a Jeep Travel Bug listed, check previous logs. Be sure to look for logs written by other cachers, that mention the Jeep is not in the cache.

This way you don't waste your time, or lose hope of finding a Jeep TB.

Before heading to a cache that has a Jeep Travel Bug listed, check previous logs. Be sure to look for logs written by other cachers, that mention the Jeep is not in the cache.

This way you don't waste your time, or lose hope of finding a Jeep TB.

One of the caches next to my house has a jeep listed in it.

The cacher who just found it posted a note being all dissapointed to not find one and then followed it by saying that the logs said that it wasn't there as far back as october.

My first thought was DUH.

Followed by something about he should have checked that first.

It's good advice.

And not just for Jeeps. For any travel bug you're specifically hunting for.

There are some concerns that the disappearance rate among YJTB will discourage another promotion like this ever again, guess that has proven to be false.

You are quite right the keeping of YJTB as attributed to selfishness is a whole other problem and people will continue to discuss it.

Admittedly I wasn’t thinking of relaying a “point” in any way shape or form. My sarcasm has been getting the better of me lately anyway. Since I was off topic, I'll yet again bow out of another YJTB thread with my apology.

No way something like what happened to these TB's stops some company interested in marketing.

People want the bugs, they go out of their way to get one and then keep it. The people who don't have one yet, go out of their way to find them or complain about not having one.

This is great marketing. You have competition from your own company (Dodge Durango), Ford, and GM. GM is sliding towards Junk Bond status. The new Explorer is getting dinged by Edmunds and others. The Durango is getting good buzz, but can't get traction. And, your new SUV's are getting good ink and you have a bunch of people who are crazy for your little Jeep travel bugs. Yeah!

Look for other companies with products like this to go this route. Compare the success that Jeep has had to the mess that Magellan got into last year.

Is there a way to remove the missing YJTB from a cache page? That way we dont get them mixed up with the new batch should they arrive! Spilt milk, etc.... but how people handled it was educational. We had people in our area who got the tray and logged all of them before the distributed them. Others just took their chances. I saw a tray at an event, but just got one of the two that i have been able to find to date. The other was put in a cache the day.....

They planned on a loss, and the popularity was proven by how much they were gobbled up. Who is to say it was a failure????

I hope its global too, but I have my doubts. It can be tricky to follow all the different contest laws in different areas.

Good point, but JEEP could get around this by offering sub games. In each area, there would be different sub-games. In the US, it would be Jeep-Chrysler and in the EU, it would be run by Daimler.

If you had the same token (ie a YJTB) and kept the numbers discrete (numbers 0000 to 5000 in the EU and 5001 to 9999 in the US), I bet you could make it work so that the games were legally distinct, yet close enough to be marketed the same way.

They do need to make this more of a global game, even if its just North America and the EU, it would be an improvement over just the US.

Forget about the travel bugs, has anyone won anything in that jeep "contest"? It's been a lonnnnnnnnnnng time since I heard anything seems like the light flickered on the promotion and it went quietly away.

This is from: http://jeep.geocaching.com/contest/rules.aspx

REQUEST FOR WINNERS’ NAMES: For a list of winners (available after 1/31/05) send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by 12/31/04 to: Jeep® Geocaching Contest Winners, c/o Rodale Inc., 733 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017. Questions regarding this contest should be directed to: Legal Department – Sweepstakes, at 33 East Minor Street, Emmaus, PA 18098. Released Parties are not liable for any prize to entrants who have violated these Official Rules. Prize values in U.S. currency.

I just dropped off Jeep #3001 in "the cache of knowledge" in zip 23112. I had given this jeep a 300+ mile ride from Ct to Va. The person who picked it up in Va said they were gonna drop it off near the Chesapeake Bay but they never did......I'm a little dissapointed since I was the one who brought it the furthest.

maybe another MIA?