Capture The Flag W/ Travel Bugs

JMBella

For the next round of the game, it would make it more interesting if there were points awarded for an "unmoved" flag (i.e. 5pts for every day starting 24hrs after logging). That would add a whole new twist on the strategy and tactics. That would make a tough choice between rapidly moving and leaving it alone to tempt the other team to come and get it.

If It were a high enough score, it also could eliminate the "convert e-mail hand-off". Remember let's keep it fun.

and will use E Mail drop signals (Long Island Style) and we can again return to those thrilling days of yesteryear--Hi Ho Silver

Stop it.

Date: 5/23/2005 9:31:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

--- chstress53 placed Capture the Flag, Long Island (Travel Bug Dog Tag) in Dino Cache at 5/23/2005

Date: 5/23/2005 9:34:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

--- FlyinV retrieved Capture the Flag, Long Island (Travel Bug Dog Tag) from Dino Cache at 5/23/2005

I've about had it. If anyone is interested in doing this again with one uniform set of rules let me know. As far as I'm concerned, this round is over.

This is all getting incredibly silly. I think I'm just gonna turn NJ into a regular TB and send him someplace west.

There's no quitting in geocaching!!!!!! We sound crazy and I believe most of us are friends. It's a fun game. So what if some of the rules changed. So we keep playing. It's fair we get a penalty 10 points OUCH but we messed up. Nothings perfect (except me) haha. I hope someone cracked a smile. We should play to the end. We'll update the pages and I'm sure our South Jersey cachers will help update the rules on the TBs. Lets not let this round go to waste.

Well someone made an excellent point about the 10 point rule being awarded to those who move them from state to state. It was changed while both were in NJ therefore giving LI cachers a 20 poitn advantage right off the bat. Nothing was done about it. So lets forget about this 10 points. Both teams should update everything as soon as possible on their cache pages and everything will be all squared up from here on out. It's really that simple. And the game can continue and everyone is happy. Can we all agree on this and move on from this point?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! :o:o

Mike

This is all getting incredibly silly. I think I'm just gonna turn NJ into a regular TB and send him someplace west.

There's no quitting in geocaching!!!!!! We sound crazy and I believe most of us are friends.

That's my point. I hate to think there's animosity between any of us because of this VERY silly crap. I'd prefer to chalk it all up to a learning experience and try again sometime soon. Mark had a really fun idea and I feel like we went and f'ed it all up.

Brian, First TB to California wins!

Here are the rules.... There are no rules. Just the first one to cross the Cali boarder wins no matter how it's done. Yes, I'm serious. Let's put this game out of it's misery.

Wow. This really took a turn south. What my be jestful ribbing doesn't come across that way many times. I read things and think 'did the person really mean that'

If we are going to start another game, maybe it should be with 8 flags and each person for themselves. Some people have taken the LI vs NJ banter too far. Especially since some of us have never met. It is easy to hide behind a keyboard.

Anyways. The current and final score then is NJ 78-77 LI! :o

Anyways. The current and final score then is NJ 78-77 LI! :o

:):o Nice try!

OK, here are the rules for the TB race:

1) The flags can only be moved by left handed players on Monday, Tuesday and Friday and every other Saturday.

2) Right handed players can move it the other days except Sunday and Holidays.

3) The flags will have to go from state to state, then back a state, then north a state unless said state has no state bordering it to the north. In that case the flag must move south, then east, then Northwest.

4) If a flag is moved by more than one player on any even day then that player must sing The Devil Came Down to Georgia 5 times as fast as they can.

5) Each flag must have at least one picture taken with it sticking out of someone's bum. NJ clearly has the lead in this case.

6) A flag cannot be flown directly to California.

7) A flag can be flown directly to California

8) The only players eligible to play are those who want to. No exception.

9) When transporting the Flags, please don't look at them. They are very shy.

10) This applies to the NJ flag only. DON'T grab it from the bottom. (see rule # 5)

11) Only caches listed on Geocaching.com are eligible. (that one is real)

Anyways. The current and final score then is NJ 78-77 LI!  :(

:o:) Nice try!

1) The flags can only be moved by left handed players on Monday, Tuesday and Friday and every other Saturday.

2) Right handed players can move it the other days except Sunday and Holidays....

What if your ambidextrous :oB):)

Anyways. The current and final score then is NJ 78-77 LI!  :D

:lol::D Nice try!

2) Right handed players can move it the other days except Sunday and Holidays....

What if your ambidextrous :lol::P:D

Crap... I need to write an addendum.

Wow. This really took a turn south. What my be jestful ribbing doesn't come across that way many times. I read things and think 'did the person really mean that'

If we are going to start another game, maybe it should be with 8 flags and each person for themselves. Some people have taken the LI vs NJ banter too far. Especially since some of us have never met. It is easy to hide behind a keyboard.

Anyways. The current and final score then is NJ 78-77 LI! :lol:

I have read most of the posts and I really don't see anyone getting all that serious. I am just wondering how the game would have ended now. Would the LI cachers spend a weekend as we did to recapture their flag? My bets are no. It doesnt matter, send them to Cali. Next game will have less participants though. I have never met JMbella but just through chatting in here I know he is a cool cat who I would get along with no problem. The back and forth banter was all in good spirits. Everyone knows the difference between Long Island & New Jersey is the Hudson River & East River etc... (Except when it comes to Ice Hockey :P )

These little Smilies are the best way to interprut emotion that we have on the internet. Sarcasm can sound very mean but with one of these :D:lol:

We get its just a joke.

All in all we had some fun.

Maybe we should just have weekend challenges against each other instead of this long drawn out back and forth thing.

We could do meetups and have races or little hid n go seek challenges in each others territories...

Good game! (High fives all around.)

:D

Thanks JerseyTrex. The feeling is mutual. You hit the nail on the head. I think the contest was to long. Too many opportunities for people to get bent. While most of the banter was all in good fun, I think enough of it was taken seriously that we decided to end it all. I look forward to trying it again. I will always consider my NJ constituents, however smelly, my true friends. :lol: <--- Smilie.

Thanks JerseyTrex. The feeling is mutual. You hit the nail on the head. I think the contest was to long. Too many opportunities for people to get bent. While most of the banter was all in good fun, I think enough of it was taken seriously that we decided to end it all. I look forward to trying it again. I will always consider my NJ constituents, however smelly, my true friends. :D <--- Smilie.

And I too consider my elevation-challenged LI companions friends.

:lol: <----- wub!