Capture The Flag W/ Travel Bugs

JMBella

Hey, that's extremely offensive!! :D:blink:B):D

People that use Magellans can move the flag on Monday Wednesday and Friday also.

JMBella,

My post wasn't meant to be offensive. Any offense is the result of a misinterpretation of a joking post. If you realized that and the string of smilies is meant to acknowledge the joke, then I might have "misunderestimated" your reply. ;) (Just keeping with the great George W. Material. )

As a followup, my magellan can show me at the 25 mile range without walking more than 100 feet. (God I love that 3 meter accuracy) ;)

How about this - if you pick up YOUR flag from the OPPONENTS territory you can place it within a 25 MILE RADIUS of your home coords.

It makes sense if someone was to retrieve their flag from the opponent. They shouldn't have to take a detour to place the flag.

Sounds good to me. :lol: But since i live within 25 miles of Squealy, that could pose a problem! :laughing:

OK, I haven't really gotten on board with this whole hunt yet, I just want clarification on the rules.

If the flag is located in a TCXXX cache, the owner must be shot?

If the flag is located in Jersey than only cachers with a Garmin can move the flag 10 miles on Monday Wednesday and Friday and 25 miles if the rivers are not flooding and tresspassing is only implied before 5:30 PM so Avroair can keep up with the details from the train?

Good natured ribbing is aloud but baffonery is out of the question on Staten Island?

BrianSnat is NOT Hartclimbs?

Team Bam Bam is no longer on the forums? Or doesn't have an opinion?

JMBella is a switch hitter?

Reading the thread, yes, but the game needs something akin to the Major League Baseball rulebook. It's a good idea and sounds fun but it is also beginning to sound like the game is getting bogged down in minutiae.

Hey, that's extremely offensive!! :D  :D  :D  :laughing:

People that use Magellans can move the flag on Monday Wednesday and Friday also.

JMBella,

My post wasn't meant to be offensive. Any offense is the result of a misinterpretation of a joking post. If you realized that and the string of smilies is meant to acknowledge the joke, then I might have "misunderestimated" your reply. ;) (Just keeping with the great George W. Material. )

As a followup, my magellan can show me at the 25 mile range without walking more than 100 feet. (God I love that 3 meter accuracy) :D

That time i got that it was a joke. I guess my string of smilies should have went like this: :lol::D:huh::D:DB)

Notice what I though was offensive was not that you said I was a switch hitter, but that only Garmin users could... ah screw it... once you have to explain the joke it's no fun anymore. :D

Edited by JMBella
mad.gif dry.gif mad.gif mad.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

;)B):(:lol::laughing::lol:;)

Okay no more forum bashing. Back to the flags... :( Which brings me to another point, my GPS is currently in the shop. :lol:

Anyone got any suggestion on what typr to get?

Wait a minute... don't you have like EIGHT OF THEM?

I don't think I've ever seen Avro with a GPS.

Which brings me to another point, my GPS is currently in the shop.  :D

Anyone got any suggestion on what typr to get?

First, the most important question....how much money you got? No, wait that's not it...How much money do you want to spend?

Do you want one that works in Long Island, or just the normal part of the world?

I really like my Garmin 60cs (with a 3rd party external antenna)

Edited by GoofyGoober
Looks like New England also has a Travel Bug - Capture the Flag going. :D

Yes, we do! And I'd like to personally think you guys for your help.

First of all, this is where I stole the idea from. Second, as a result of watching this thread, we decided not to have a mileage limit rule, and we also made a rule that only caches listed on this site would qualify. We ruled out traveling caches and pre-approved caches and archived caches, too.

We have also discussed asking Brian to be our referee if things get ugly up here.

:)  ;)  :D  That's hilarious... he got both flags and now they are both sitting in LI!  :D

Well somebody from NJ go get them!

Really! I'm gettin a little board here!

All right, all right. I'm on my way to get them.

Um, where exactly in Pennsylvania is Long Island, anyway? :D

Just West of Pittsburgh. :)

I will send JMB and BS a revised rules list tomorrow. I am too tired to think right now.

I have recieved some very good suggestions from people.

<_< I guess the travel restrictions can be lifted... since we are playing for points and the quicker the travel bug moves the more points the team accumulates.

Edited by avroair

<_< I guess the travel restrictions can be lifted... since we are playing for points and the quicker the travel bug moves the more points the team accumulates.

So is that throwing out the mileage rule in just your home territory? :blink:

Only on Tuesdays and Fridays and/or odd days except when there's a full moon. New Jersey can move their flag 21.3 miles north/east only while Long Island can move their flag 10.5 miles west then 7 miles east on every other day except Sunday because it's a day of rest. Furthermore, players cannot touch either flag for 1 hour after they have eaten, 2 hours before bedtime and they cannot operate heavy machinery after grabbing either flag. Known side effects are drowsiness, frustration and erectile dysfunction.

have recieved some very good suggestions from peoplend

Any printable ones <_< Or ones, like swampier, higher and rockier or Bradley Campbell type as in use no bacon grease.

We are all in your debt, you have redeemed the honor of New Jersey, you and your partner are to be congratulated for your dedication to your sport and your community. What a gargantuan effort. Rock On!!!

frustration and erectile dysfunction

Sorry to hear that Joe, maybe you should get it checked out! B)

Revised Rules have been updated on the Scoreboard Bug and are currently being implemented to the individual bug pages.

Tolls: $15.00 (both ways to get in and out of Queens <_<)

Gas: $20.00 (260 miles roundtrip)

Dinner: $25.00 (at least the waitress was cute)

Cops along seen along the highway 24 :)

Hiking a mile to grab the NJ flag back as the sunsets! :blink: Expensive... :ph34r: Oh, I mean priceless...

pictures-sunset_gardiners_bay.jpg

Guess leaving a bug in a cache where a hiking permit is required would be against the friendly nature of the game?

That makes sense. Too bad though. That eliminates a lot of good caches here.

More importantly, does everyone agree with the new set of rules?

In particular, the 72 hours to log a TB in a cache? IMO, that's a bit too long. That would allow cleaver jackass' to keep a flag for an entire weekend +. The time when most cachers have the time to get out and play. Basically, if you can't drop off a flag within 48 hours, don't take it to begin with. The 48 hours was fine when LI had both flags, it's fine now that NJ has both.

Also, I think we should add that once a flag is removed from a cache it needs to be logged out immediately online. For example, if someone removed the NJ flag from the cache in Montauk yesterday morning and never logged it, that would have sucked big time for Avro and Kar who drove 268 miles RT.

Edited by JMBella
I think changing rules mid game is bullllss***.

72 hours is garbage and you know it Mark.  Quite frankly - you should grab and place it in the same day.

Unfortunately it looks like this one is going to get out of control real soon.

I'd say 48 hours should be max

How about after 36 hours you get 2 points instead of 3 for retrieving and dropping a flag. Then 1 point for every 12 hours after that. In other words, there should be incentive to drop it off quickly.

Edited by JMBella

72 hours is garbage and you know it Mark.  Quite frankly - you should grab and place it in the same day.

How about after 36 hours you get 2 points instead of 3 for retrieving and dropping a flag. Then 1 point for every 12 hours after that. In other words, there should be incentive to drop it off quickly.

39 is good Gives you a day and a half

39 is good Gives you a day and a half

I'll agree with that. (with 39 hours, not that it's a day and a half) :lol:

Edited by JMBella

I was off last friday and I "could' have moved the jersey flag all the way out to montauk and it would have been an additional ten mile drive with a three mile hike to get it back!But the rules stated only a twenty five mile limit.which required another cacher (devil duckies)to complete.Kber moves his over seventy miles, and its time for a new rule!Thats bulls@#$! ... Cudos to avroair nice grab!

Edited by blackbuck
72 hours is garbage and you know it Mark. Quite frankly - you should grab and place it in the same day.

Sure. whatever. I believe you placed it the next day.

I am open to 48 hours rather than 72 hours. But some of us do work and I wasn't about to drop the NJ flag off at midnight since most parks are closed then. (including the park I placed the flag in the next day).