Geocacher Grounded, Responsibly

A while ago, I received an email from from a cacher (flying too close to the ground) who had acquired one of my travel bugs and was concerned about it's wellfare.

Wouldn't it be nice if all cachers assumed this kind of responsibility?

Hi. I'm XxxXxxxxxx (Ashley). I'm 9 and Geocache with my Dad and Mom

(Team Xxxxxxx). I picked up your  travel bug in Xxxxxxxx two weeks

ago, and now I am grounded for 17 days. My Dad has a Geocaching friend

in Arizona we could mail the TB to if you think that is ok. Otherwise, I

could hang on to it until I am done being grounded.

Let me know what you want me to do.

As you can see, I've protected the identity of this young cacher, but when I checked her profile, I couldn't resist posting this laundered photo:

86def7ba-3684-4983-82a8-94221f4ef37f.jpg

BTW, I purposefully did not respond to the email; it's obvious to me that Ashley is a responsible geocacher who can make her own good decisions (even when she's grounded). :(:(

BTW, I purposefully did not respond to the email; it's obvious to me that Ashley is a responsible geocacher who can make her own good decisions (even when she's grounded). :(:(

I think that you should reply to her e-mail, and tell her exactly that. She deserves some positive feedback for being such a conscientious cacher!

You're TB is being held by an admitted troublemaker and that doesn't bother you?

You have thicker skin than me, my friend!  :(

Jamie

You don't think I've been scammed do you? :(

OK. I just emailed her, thanking her for being a responsible geocacher (I told her she could keep my TB as long as she wants). I guess I should have done that just because.

You're TB is being held by an admitted troublemaker and that doesn't bother you?

You have thicker skin than me, my friend! :lol:

Jamie

I think you should send her another email and remind her that windows let things and people out as much as they let light and bugs in. :)

just kidding......

A while ago, I received an email from from a cacher (flying too close to the ground) who had acquired one of my travel bugs and was concerned about it's wellfare.

As you can see, I've protected the identity of this young cacher, but when I checked her profile, I couldn't resist posting this laundered photo:

BTW, I purposefully did not respond to the email; it's obvious to me that Ashley is a responsible geocacher who can make her own good decisions (even when she's grounded). 

--------------------

============"If it feels good...do it"=============

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

...................... From: Indianapolis, In. Today's Cacher........

Geocachers just raise responsible members of society.. :lol:

You have thicker skin than me, my friend!  :lol:

Jamie

My oh my, 9yrs. old grounded by parents and bares the Jamie Z tattoo of unworthiness. I know thier must be a child of worthiness out there somewhere that has never been punished by a parent, but I think you may be hard pressed with a difficulty rating of 5+

I think that you should reply to her e-mail, and tell her exactly that. She deserves some positive feedback for being such a conscientious cacher!

Hi

I agree, I feel that it is bad manners to not respond. If she spoke to you on the phone or in person would you ignore her? She has done the right thing, please consider doing the same to her.

Regards

Andrew

QUOTE (Sputnik 57 @ Mar 12 2005, 09:53 AM)

Hi

I agree, I feel that it is bad manners to not respond. If she spoke to you on the phone or in person would you ignore her? She has done the right thing, please consider doing the same to her.

Regards

Andrew

I agree too.. She is looking to you (as the adult) for guidance. To reward her witha response shows her that you respect her. If she had thown the TB in the trash can and written to you with something like " I got grounded while I was holding onto your TB and didn't know what to do with it.. so I threw it away".. What would you have thought about that? Would you show her respect for that action?

Her parents are in the process of teaching her a high moral standard. Help them out..

Edited by OccidentalErrant
sept1c_tank @ Mar 11 2005, 09:34 PM

OK.  I just emailed her, thanking her for being a responsible geocacher (I told her she could keep my TB as long as she wants).  I guess I should have done that just because.

Sheesh (I love guoting myself)! :huh::huh:

NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK ;)

86def7ba-3684-4983-82a8-94221f4ef37f.jpg

BTW, I purposefully did not respond to the email; it's obvious to me that Ashley is a responsible geocacher who can make her own good decisions (even when she's grounded). :huh::huh:

Man, your a sucker for believing that 9 year old. Last I saw she was heading out of state and keeping the bug hostage.

7e468a68-79c7-43e8-af20-e201d0c2bfd0.jpg

Your bug is heading towards Mexico! It will never be logged again!

..sorry, I needed to bust out with some silliness.

Dave

OK.  I just emailed her, thanking her for being a responsible geocacher (I told her she could keep my TB as long as she wants).  I guess I should have done that just because.

Sheesh (I love guoting myself)! 

Confuscious say: Man who quotes himself lives in reiteration.

I thank you, she thanks you, her parents thank you, we all thank you...

Good job, I knew you could do it. :):D

Sheesh (I love guoting myself)! :lol::o

I was just laughing at this as you had posted you sent here an email and yet people are chastising you for not emailing here. DO PEOPLE EVER READ BEFORE THEY POST??????

cheers

I was just laughing at this as you had posted you sent here an email and yet people are chastising you for not emailing here. DO PEOPLE EVER READ BEFORE THEY POST??????

cheers

Hi

Well actually, if one is viewing the forum when somone posts, and the viewer posts, the other's posts will not show up until the page is refreshed or the viewer revisits. So maybe there might be genuine reasons for the cross posting ... does that make sense?

Cheers

Anrew

I was just laughing at this as you had posted you sent here an email and yet people are chastising you for not emailing here.  DO PEOPLE EVER READ BEFORE THEY POST??????

cheers

Hi

Well actually, if one is viewing the forum when somone posts, and the viewer posts, the other's posts will not show up until the page is refreshed or the viewer revisits. So maybe there might be genuine reasons for the cross posting ... does that make sense?

Cheers

Anrew

Only if you're a really slow reader. :D

OK. I just emailed her, thanking her for being a responsible geocacher (I told her she could keep my TB as long as she wants). I guess I should have done that just because.

Hi

Regards

Andrew

:D:lol::D

Edited by Mopar
All the times are server time which is US pacific time.

It's 8:39PM EST and I'm responding to your post of 8:36PM EST. I'll check the time stamp. :lol: My guess is it shows whatever time zone you have set in your profile.

sept1c_tank:

You wrote the young girl, did she respond?

(edit: modified my question, you had already answered the first part, whether or not you had written her)

Edited by robert

Only if you're a really slow reader. :lol:

Hi

Or you get an education in time zones? :D I not sure how it dates (based on my timezone or the server timezone) it but when I posted I am pretty sure I was at the end of the list of messages.

Regards

Andrew

Oh, I'm QUITE educated in international time zones. However, no matter what time zone you change it to, the fact is you said "I agree, I feel that it is bad manners to not respond. If she spoke to you on the phone or in person would you ignore her? She has done the right thing, please consider doing the same to her." 23 hours and 39 minutes AFTER Sept1c_tank said "OK. I just emailed her, thanking her for being a responsible geocacher (I told her she could keep my TB as long as she wants). I guess I should have done that just because.". No matter what time zone you are in, 23hrs and 39 minutes is a long time to be composing your reply.

23 hours and 39 minutes AFTER Sept1c_tank said "OK. I just emailed her, thanking her for being a responsible geocacher (I told her she could keep my TB as long as she wants). I guess I should have done that just because.". No matter what time zone you are in, 23hrs and 39 minutes is a long time to be composing your reply.

Hi

I guess then I didn't read right to the end before I posted. I thought I did and thus my apologies to the OP for not doing so.

Hope our litte interchange makes you feel better or has made your day ....

Take care and have a good day/evening/whatever when you read this.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker