Choosing Between These 3

Okay, I want color, and good signals.

I travel for work, and dont want to face disappointment in

not being able to go back and find a cache.

I was a Magellan gal myself. Seems I had better signals than my Garmin friends.

I DO like the stats a Garmin friend of mine had.

On a long hike he was able to tell us the overall

pace we had, and the moving pace, time we stopped, etc.

Okay, that being said, I dont want to spend too much.

Im thinking under $350.

These three I am looking at:

* eTrex Legend C

* Meridian Color

* SportTrak Color

Please, any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Judy

Compair the screens. Garmin uses Transflective and they look very nice. They actually show up better than the Black and white screens do. I was truly impressed by the 60CS I saw.

I would not use the Magellans until they provide the better screen. The Explorist color GPS probably will use the better screen. It may not meet your price limitation though.

Tiger GPS has the Meridian color for $318.00 but you would still need the software to go with it which will put it way over your price limit. They have the Garmin 60C for $352.00 but again, that does not include software. They have the Legend C for $293.97, I am not sure what the price is for the Garmin software but if it is anything like the price of the Magellan software you may have to spend more than $350.00.

Being you have used Magellan in the past if you already have Magellan software you could use that with the Meridan color and that would keep you under $350.00

If you need software and do not want to spend more than 350.00 you might have to go with a monochrome screen.

gpsexplorer.com has the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS listed at $418 with a $100 rebate bringing it down to $318+shipping

tigergps.com has the Magellan Explorist 600 available for preorder at $347.93+shipping

Which does not leave money for the software or the SD card in the case on the 600.

The OP states

Okay, that being said, I dont want to spend too much.

Im thinking under $350.

The 60CS, 60C, Explorist 600, 500, Legand C will not leave any budget for the software to down load maps.

The 60CS, 60C, Explorist 600, 500, Legand C will not leave any budget for the software to down load maps.

As mentioned before, the LegendC is available for under $220 after rebates (from GPSExplorer for one). That leaves $130 for the software.

That is a good price. I'd recommend the 60C but it isn't on your list. The Legend C has had some darn good reviews and is a bargain at $220.