Benchmark Entry Missing?

wilsonjw

The short answer is "At this point, no". GC.com's benchmark data came from a set of CDs which are now a couple of years old. NGS is constantly updating their data, so without directly linking to their database, it's near impossible to have the most current info here. The CDs are no longer available, so it's not even a $$ issue. At this point it's just not an option for updating the GC.com data.

Search the Benchmarking forums or ask there for other ways to collect BM info from the NGS and how to use the monthly updates. However, even if you do this, it will not implement those finds into your tally here at gc.com.

The short answer is "At this point, no". GC.com's benchmark data came from a set of CDs which are now a couple of years old. NGS is constantly updating their data, so without directly linking to their database, it's near impossible to have the most current info here. The CDs are no longer available, so it's not even a $$ issue. At this point it's just not an option for updating the GC.com data.

Search the Benchmarking forums or ask there for other ways to collect BM info from the NGS and how to use the monthly updates. However, even if you do this, it will not implement those finds into your tally here at gc.com.

Thanks. I have the latest NGS data for my area; the NGS folks offer a nice service, and with a few downloadable tools, it's easy to get the data into a form that I can use readily.

I'd hoped there was a way to bring in updates from NGS, perhaps on a case-by-case basis, to bring the GC.com database up-to-date.