Problems With Ngs Mail Server?

Z15

------ Failed Recipients ------

<cherly.malone@noaa.gov>: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable. [sMTP Error Code 550]

-------- Returned Mail --------

I resent it a little whle ago and it has not bounced as of yet

I don't think my problem is with the mail server, but I'm wondering how long Cheryl and Deb usually take to respond? I sent Cheryl an issue over a week ago, and Deb one on monday and have received no reply yet. I'm in no hurry, but if they normally respond quicker I'll resend or something.

Is it me, or is the map function not working on the website? When I get the Map Search applet under the DATASHEETS tab, it comes up and I can zoom into where I want to look. But when I click on "Display Stations" it takes it sweet time and then gives me an error message. It's supposed to pop up a window that says, "Data Retrieved", or somesuch, mark the stations on the map and open another window with the station info. I've used the map many times in the past, so I know how it should operate. Is the connection to the database somehow not working?

Edited by BuckBrooke

I noticed the same thing recently but did not get any error message. Hmm, what broswer are you using? I was using Mozilla Firefox. It could be that as I find some things only work in IE, especially if you do not have it set to allow websites to install programs. Firefox blocks things that may be hazardous but often you want it to let somethings run. Security settings can be good but also be bad at letting you do things you want to do, it thinks everything that popups it bad.

I did not try it with IE 6 because its drives me nuts with all the popup blocker warnings. The SP 2 install the worst thing I ever did.

Edited by Z15

I've used the same browser before, to access the map, without any problems. I haven't changed settings since then. Thanks, Casey. It probably would be a good idea to have a pinned thread, or a general topic called, "Problems contacting NGS or using its website" that could be watched by Casey for this purpose.

Edited by BuckBrooke