Geolitter - Archived Caches

DeskJocky

Groundspeak processed five adoptions of SBUX caches at my request today -- yes, on a Sunday.  Fantastic service from the Head Frogs, and a continuing positive response from the community helping out with this situation.  Thanks everyone.

You should now have an email offering to adopt the only one really close to me. (GC7570) Also had to clean 5 very interesting ones out of my "to do" list [:(]

At this time we are only worrying about caches in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia.  There may be one or two in New England states (other than NH which is already taken care of), but the volunteer for those states is following up with the designated cache maintainers.

KA-

I offered to pick up the virtuals in Central/Eastern PA.... since they involved minimal (if any) maintenance..... I was told that they weren't up to GC specs.

That's OK and all, but I visited the sites yesterday (during a two-tank marathon) and some of them were very cool. Would hate to see good ones go astray.

I would like to thank the many Maryland geocachers, as well as a group traveling through Maryland, who collectively have accounted for all but one of SBUX's caches hidden in that state. The only remaining cache of concern in Maryland is SBUX 32 - Perry Hall M.P., which is Northeast of Baltimore off Route 1. If someone could pick up or adopt that one, it would be great. All other caches were previously confirmed missing, have been adopted, have a note on the page indicating that an adoption is in process, or have a note on the page confirming that the cache has been removed.

I'd like to adopt some of the SBUX caches in Middletown, PA. I'll post some notes on the ones that I want.

Sticking with the geolitter theme....

I lost a big fat ammo can when a creek flooded during Hurricane Ivan. Would this be considered geolitter? Is there anybody in Deleware or Maryland that has seen a lost ammo can?

kingsting,

Please write an e-mail to your local Geocaching.com volunteer, listing the caches you are interested in. A note on the cache page won't reach a volunteer as we haven't had the time to watchlist them all. Thanks for your concern!

An ammo box cache in my area also floated away in Hurricane Ivan. It was found several miles downstream, and washed up in someone's back yard along the banks of the creek. The property owner found it and was converted to geocaching! So, think of your lost cache not as geo-litter, but as a creative recruitment tactic! B)

kingsting,

Please write an e-mail to your local Geocaching.com volunteer, listing the caches you are interested in.  A note on the cache page won't reach a volunteer as we haven't had the time to watchlist them all.  Thanks for your concern!

An ammo box cache in my area also floated away in Hurricane Ivan.  It was found several miles downstream, and washed up in someone's back yard along the banks of the creek.  The property owner found it and was converted to geocaching!  So, think of your lost cache not as geo-litter, but as a creative recruitment tactic!  B)

KA,

I've contacted my friend MissPlaced about one of the turnpike caches. When I hear back from her, I'll mention some others I could tend to.

As far as my poor lost little ammo can, I think it's long gone or under a debris pile someplace...

I would like to thank the many Maryland geocachers, as well as a group traveling through Maryland, who collectively have accounted for all but one of SBUX's caches hidden in that state. The only remaining cache of concern in Maryland is SBUX 32 - Perry Hall M.P., which is Northeast of Baltimore off Route 1. If someone could pick up or adopt that one, it would be great. All other caches were previously confirmed missing, have been adopted, have a note on the page indicating that an adoption is in process, or have a note on the page confirming that the cache has been removed.

KA

I'm heading up that way this weekend, I'll stop by and pick it up.

:lol:

I have adopted SBUX 10 in Leesburg, VA... it's open and ready for business! :lol:

This was my second find, and my first micro... I was amazed by all the log entries at the time.

I am quite sad to see SBUX leaving the sport. I'm looking forward to maintaining this cache, as it holds fond memories for many, and I wish SBUX the very best in her future endeavors.

~ Airsafety