Long Island Thread

JMBella

:) I have been to two LIGO events so I am entitled to post in here. It's not like there are any hills in my way. :)

Edit: Are you guys having a CITO event or can you suggest a nice loop of caches, I may bring over a contingent of Northern NJ thugs in the future...

I leave my dirty footprints in here! :D

footprints.gif

Edited by avroair
Ooops! I thought this was the restrooms. Thanks. ;)  :P  :huh:

pillow-elephant-poop.jpg

:lol::lol:

Oh that is completely offfensive!!!

Is there a cache located somewhere in there? :blink:

Are you guys having a CITO event (preferably near the Earth cache). :blink:

forget the event...

i think there's a geocacher in there! :huh:

GK: What time was this one 'handled'?

All kidding aside.

Anyone willing to say definitively that there's a better cache, in Nassau or Suffolk Counties, than Squealy's Valley Rally?

As I said in my log, it's the best cache from that point west through Brooklyn. Outside of NYC, I try to pick-and-choose quality caches.

I wouldn't know. He skunked me on part 1. :( I will tell you that there are several excellent caches all over the Island.

All kidding aside.

Anyone willing to say definitively that there's a better cache, in Nassau or Suffolk Counties, than Squealy's Valley Rally?

As I said in my log, it's the best cache from that point west through Brooklyn. Outside of NYC, I try to pick-and-choose quality caches.

I think I remember hitting that one........ :(

This cache drove me insane!!! Centenial

My favorite hike on long islandmac montauk

My shameless self promotionFeel the burn

Edited by blackbuck
All kidding aside.

I think I remember hitting that one........ :(

This cache drove me insane!!! Centenial

My favorite hike on long islandmac montauk

My shameless self promotionFeel the burn

You're the only two who have found the new version in the last two years so we'll have to take your word for it. Maybe one day it'll be on the top of my favorites list but right now it's a thorn on a list all it's own. :(

You're the only two who have found the new version in the last two years so we'll have to take your word for it. Maybe one day it'll be on the top of my favorites list but right now it's a thorn on a list all it's own

I'm not sure what the old version was. I'm just assuming that it's not much different since it's still listed as the same cache.

Thanks for the suggestions, Rozz.

How about some caches in Nassau?

You're the only two who have found the new version in the last two years so we'll have to take your word for it. Maybe one day it'll be on the top of my favorites list but right now it's a thorn on a list all it's own

I'm not sure what the old version was. I'm just assuming that it's not much different since it's still listed as the same cache.

Thanks for the suggestions, Rozz.

How about some caches in Nassau?

Over time - part one and the final of SVR have had to change due to muggles. It is definitely not very different. Certainly not worth allowing people to relog it as a find (Z_Man!).

I love that cache - and it was definitely an original for that time. There weren't many, if any caches in the area that were that different.

As for Nassau County - since this has become the thread of shameless plugs (JMBella), I will have to plug my caches in Welwyn Preserve:

Well, Well, Welwyn

and

Purple Nurple

They're not amazing caches but the preserve is awesome. I have been thinking about a multi in there and will hopefully set it up this spring or summer - so you may want to wait for that one to come out before trekking up there.

There's also these caches which seem to frustrate people:

SLB @ St. John's Pond

SLB @ Garvies Point

The Giving Tree

SLB @ Tiffany Creek Preserve which may need some maintenance

SLB @ Sands Point Todd (IntoTheWoods) didn't find it but I am not sure how it would disappear

and The Great Depression which people seem to be scared of but is not all that bad.

and you could probably spend a few hours hitting the ones in Muttontown Preserve which is an awesome place.

Unless someone clubs Neil iin the knee, I'm not going to catch him.  hint hint

No threatening Neil's knees, please! Or I might have to go ghetto on your @ss.

And I agree that the Valley Rally is the best multi 'round your way. We here in the sticks like "GeoCacher's GeoCache" -- definitely gives the Valley Rally a run for its money.

But the Valley Rally still wins.

Unless someone clubs Neil iin the knee, I'm not going to catch him.  hint hint

No threatening Neil's knees, please! Or I might have to go ghetto on your @ss.

And I agree that the Valley Rally is the best multi 'round your way. We here in the sticks like "GeoCacher's GeoCache" -- definitely gives the Valley Rally a run for its money.

But the Valley Rally still wins.

Thanks for the "impartial" review. :(

you're very welcome :lol:

I'm also a big fan of the caches in the Muttontown Preserve -- shut up, Joe. That was pretty much my backyard as a kid -- spent countless hours there with my friends and my parents... you never get sick of exploring it. AND, if you go in the summer, there's a peacock who hangs out and is bizarrely friendly.

Is that a locationless?

Why can't Squealy just go in the woods find a log or hollow tree and stick a ammo can in there like the rest of us!We have to solve puzzles do math get a special tool(which you need to borrow from z-man) get a key from the park ranger or watch the history channel!But his clues make things alot easier"eplurubus unum"with a clue like that how can you miss it! :lol:

Since when did this turn into an "All about Squealy" thread?

I want to talk about DNFs. Who here logs EVERY DNF? what are your thoughts on the DNF vs notes logging?

btw, I saw a male turkey "treading" (or kneading?) a female today at the TR sanctuary. It was disturbing. I had to stop and take a pic.

What was even worse was the minion watching the action.

Edited by zarah

I want to talk about DNFs. Who here logs EVERY DNF? what are your thoughts on the DNF vs notes logging?

btw, I saw a male turkey "treading" a female today at the TR sanctuary. It was disturbing. I had to stop and take a pic.

So, where's the pic?

btw, I saw a male turkey "treading" (or kneading?) a female today at the TR sanctuary. It was disturbing. I had to stop and take a pic.

What was even worse was the minion watching the action.

I log all my dnfs cept one time recently when i looked for a cache out east and the cache and about forty feet of terrain had been washed away by the tide.For that one i posted a note Here