Great Alaska Cache And Dash

CENT5

Some great pix are coming in from the group at the event in ANC.

Great link CENT - it never dawned on me that one could link to ALL the individual log pics via the cache page gallery - well duh!

A most geolife-altering experinece indeed! And meanwhile, me? I'm still slowwwwwly pecking my way through logging our finds (presently not even finished with the FIRST DAY!). Savoring each and every, it will surely take me many days to peck them all - a "chore" I am utterly blessed to be burdened with. :D

And here's yet another photo from the ACD journey that's deemed worthy of sharing on the geocaching.com header. Prince William Sound is gorgeous, and Trove Rover's to be applauded for bringing folks up the mountain to share in one of her favorite views!

87487517-cef0-4a2a-b7d3-6441bfa875ea.jpg

That's taken at the Horsetail Falls Cache, about 700 feet above and a half-mile south of Whittier.

Edited by NorthWes

Folks should know that the grinning moose used as centerpiece of the Great Alaska Cache'N'Dash logo was developed by former Fairbanks cacher RLTW, now relocated courtesy of Uncle Sam's US Army to warmer climes in America's southeast. RLTW was an integral part of the effort to come up with designs for the Alaska Geocoin series, and will be missed up here in Alaska (especially by his cache-racing buddy on the Ladybug Kids team!). I've 'adapted' the goofy moose emblem to use in my forum posts with the tag line 'Geocache Alaska,' and feel honor-bound to credit the artist for such a nifty piece of work. Thanks, RLTW!

2db0cd81-0055-4113-af3f-f66c98a7ff98.jpgRANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Speaking of those glorious moments at the gold mine...

While I'm STILL not fully caught up on my ACD logs (just 12 more ta go, and am savoring each and every walk-down-memory-lane peck of 'em), I did manage to submit the new nano micro cache I placed up there amid the gold before we sped away in the growing darkness. The cache was just approved this morning:

Bucket 'O Gold

Moun10Bike and CENT5 may recall scrambling about a certain rusty contraption from days gone by as kindly "test-finders". My dd weizguyz (who foolishly agreed to maintain it) tells me there's plenty of white fluffy stuff up there now, so g-only knows when it will get tagged with a FTF!

I've been meaning to do something like this since we got back. I've just not had the time. Here are links to our Day #1 caches with links to the pictures at each cache (If available.)

"conspicuous" (PIX) (At Gwennies after our arrival.)

dalli lamba (PIX)

Horsetail Falls Cache (PIX) (Linda Lu's 700th. Many excellent pix.) (This cache was the 1st of many highpoints of the trip.) Nicely done Trove Rover.

Whittier Man

The "Spot" in Whittier (PIX) (Lots of nice views.)

Useless Coins in Whittier, Alaska (PIX) (More nice views.)

Saturday in the Park

Hairy's Working Vaction (PIX)

Whittier's Bunker (PIX)

Runaway Train (PIX) (Great Views)

Spawn and die: The way of nature

Turnagain Arm Tidal Bore Earthcache (PIX)

Bird Creek

Chocolate Waterfall (PIX)

Great Alaska Cache'N'Dash Meet'N'Greet Dinner (PIX) MANY MANY Pix. Some are out of context of the dinner including milestones, Whittier, Talkeetna and the "Moose".

Cache By The Cache

3 of 9

Cache with a view (PIX) Night views of ANC and the last cache for the ACD Team on Day #1

Edited by CENT5

Seems we have a mini-ACD reunion coming together at the WSGA Puget Sound October Pizza Meet on Wednesday the 12th.

El Santo, globalgirl, Prying Pandora, Lowrider 71 and I are all planning on attending the meeting but we will be getting together for some pre meeting caching between 3 and 4PM starting at the event location.

Anybody who's free is more than welcome to join us. :ph34r:

Edited by CENT5

Day #2 of the ACD adventure in Alaska.

Flowers N Birds

bend and snap

Talkeetna Treasure MANY PIX globalgirl's 500th, El Santo and CENT5 200th milestones.

Lama Trash Cache West Talkeetna PIX

Three Forks of the Montana PIX

Moose Pond PIX The only DNF on the trip. Beautiful area though.

The gold mine MANY Pix My favorite on day 2 for the fabulous historical location and views.

Boulderdash ROFL PIX

River Song PIX GeoZuk's 200th. The pinnacle of insanity based caching on the trip. Dancing with the devil's club in the dark and rain. What a HOOT!!!!

It was interesting to me, while reading the Geocoin Forum, that Atlanta Gal somehow got her hands on one(?) of the very limited(?) ACD geocoins.

So, is anyone else interested in letting go of theirs? I've got other geocoins for trade, I'll purchase...name your price...

It was interesting to me, while reading the Geocoin Forum, that Atlanta Gal somehow got her hands on one(?) of the very limited(?) ACD geocoins.

So, is anyone else interested in letting go of theirs? I've got other geocoins for trade, I'll purchase...name your price...

That would be a trade I did with her. I won't sell them but I have a couple to be dropped in caches or perhaps traded.

I appreciate the offer, Cent5, but unless I've got something in my inventory of trading coins that you want, I'd rather wait until I have my own personal coin and then trade with you.  <_<

Ummm, I don't believe I said anything about a trade. Buy me a beer and siddown and BS with me for a bit and we call it even. I've been looking forward to meeting you for some time. Now, if you want to toss a personal coin my way at some later date, that works just fine.

Well, I'm a new geocacher and just spent yesterday and this morning reviewing this forum. Your event at Sourdough Mining Company was on the front page of gc.com when I first joined. I just found my first cache yesterday, a webcam cache near me. I am also hoping that my new GPSr that I purchased on Ebay this week will arrive in the mail today.

Now, what I'm writing for. I noted there was a plan for each of you to place a cache while you were up here. Is there anyway someone could make a bookmark page of caches that were placed? Just a thought.

I live down on the Kenai Peninsula. Perhaps ACD2, if it happens, could venture down this way. GLad to hear you had such a great adventure, but you haven't even seen the best part of the state yet!! :o

Well, I'm a new geocacher and just spent yesterday and this morning reviewing this forum.  Your event at Sourdough Mining Company was on the front page of gc.com when I first joined. 

Well I hope you have as much fun as I in your Geocaching adventures. I havn't seen the ACD Event on the GC.com banner but I will be looking.

Now, what I'm writing for.  I noted there was a plan for each of you to place a cache while you were up here.  Is there anyway someone could make a bookmark page of caches that were placed?  Just a thought.

Despite the best intentions of the ACD team, there are only 2 caches so far that were placed. globalgirls Bucket 'O Gold and mine, which, due to technical difficulties has not yet been submitted for approval. Seems all is well now and I plan to submit the cache on Monday. I do not, however, think you've heard the last of the 2005 ACD Team. B)

I live down on the Kenai Peninsula.  Perhaps ACD2, if it happens, could venture down this way.  GLad to hear you had such a great adventure, but you haven't even seen the best part of the state yet!!  :o

I love the Kenai Peninsula though it has been many years since I've been down that way.

It's way too early for me to commit to an ACD 2006. Though ACD 2005 could never be duplicated. I must admit, the gears have been turning. :D

Hey Cent5 .. you forgot to post your day three finds!

Yes I know I'm behind on a bunch of caching logging stuff etc.but I'm on vacation hunting ducks from 3AM till dark. I still haven't found a cache as tasty as a Greenwing Teal. I'll get to it soon I promise.

Day 3 for the ACD Team turned into a maniacally fun mad dash for milestones and the airport. Reconstructed as best I can.

Happy Trails (Pix-including the geoslumber party at weizguyz) (You had to be there.) M10B had left his pocket PC at the bar and we made a mad dash to retrieve it. :D 3 generations of geocachers with globalgirl, her dd (weizguyz) and granddaughters. (weizkidz)

Dragon's Lair (PIX- globalgirl with her Granddaughters traipsing down the leaf covered trail.) A very special moment there for all of us.

5CENT Twins: AK-WA Arguably, the longest multi on the planet. Not to mention a unique and singular experience to be able to log both ends of it. Thanks so much to weizguyz and globalgirl.

Pat the Dog (Prying Pandora Playing) The ACD Team Web Cache thanks to Trove Rover The Shot

It's a Jungle out there! One of 2 caches M10B had previously found in AK M10B's log from July 2002

"Current Events" We had to bum some change from our host Momma Mouse as it just would not take wodden Nickels :D

MicroShip1

"Snag This"

Campbell Creek Midtown Thanks to Lowrider71's keen eye we got rid of a DNF. The Moose :D

Plundered A fine akwhodini hide on the way to Prying Pandora's 1500th milestone.

Taku Trickery (Prying Pandoras 1500th !!) and as fine a hide as you could ask for, courtesy of akwhodini. M10B actually had his hand over the hide at one point and moved away to the south. VERY NICE HIDE!!!!

Raven's View The sprint for M10B and Lowrider71's milestones begins in ernest.

Anchorage TB Drop

Grandmas Toy Box

The Fun Guy Cache (M10B's and Lowrider71's Milestone) The last cache for the 2005 ACD Team. Trove Rover was sprinting through the fall colored woods with her daughter in her arms keeping the ACD team on track as our flight left in 2 hours. A picture in my mind I'll never forget.