Macgpsbabel "conversion Failed" Message

I think I must be doing something wrong because I haven't been able to convert any *.loc Geocache database files to GPX files. I'm using MacGPSbabel Version 1.2.5 beta on an Imac 800 Mhz machine with 10.3.8. Everytime I select "Geocaching Database" as the source file, and "GPX XML" as the destination file, as soon as I hit the convert button, I get a message that the conversion failed. I've tried to read the readme file, but haven't found any instructions for converting files. Do my GPSr have to be connected or can I convert it to a file on my hard drive to be uploaded to the GPSr at a later date.

Everything I read here indicates that the software works. I just can't figure out how to use it.

I'm having the exact same problem. Using MacGPSBabel version 1.2.4, selecting the geocaching.loc file (Geocaching Database input), GPX XML output (or GPS receiver for output), and it fails to convert. I can connect to the Garmin Rino with GPS Connect, but it useless unless I can convert the .loc files.

Can anyone help?