How Many Forum Members Does It Take :lol:

Q: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

4 to post about how much better the forum was when they first joined...

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over

:rolleyes:

You forgot the 5 or 6 people that will flame the poster for not doing a search to see that the topic had been done before, Whether it had or not. Then there are the 2 or 3 people that don't even read the listed post and just post some lame comment to up their forum posting number but claim it is not about the numbers.

then you have the 20 old folks that just say what has already been said before 4 or 6 times.

cheers

Woot one more forum post.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over

Amen!

If you don't like the burned out lightbulb, you can just ignore it.

Stop trying to tell those of us that enjoy having burned out lightbulbs that there is a better way to see in the dark. ;)

LOL! Right, remember there is no such thing as a bad lightbulb. If you don't like it, just use your ignore feature.

--RuffRidr

Don't forget to check the manual for the lamp to see the proper wattage for a bulb.

But how can you read you manual if you bulb is out. Then again many people have the lights on but nobody is home.

then there are the 200,000 people that just dont read the forums bucause they are out caching where you don't need a lightbulb.

UGH i need a life

cheers

And you forgot something about 2 moderators to come in and yell at people for getting the thread off topic.

And then 15 posters to argue with the moderators and come up with some lame pull about how bologna sandwiches really are on topic (because we get hungry after we change the light bulbs)

1 to make a post about changing lightbulbs

25 to argue the post about changing a light bulb

17 to hopelessly add two word post about the post about the light bulb

3 to add smilie faces

15 to repeat what other people said

1 to add stuff to the list

3 to argue the extended list

1 to close the topic ;)

Edited by Shoobie & the Sand Crabs

;)

8 to bump the topic repeatedly

2 to mumble something incomprehensible about lockdowns

me too

OK, this should do it:

One to post that they are not actually light bulbs but are actually "dark suckers". They actually suck up all the dark and when they are full (ie: black) they need to be changed.

Ummm did that do it?

edit: oh yeah... Geocaching.

Edited by davwil

Well there's no room for any complaints about light bulb posts until there's a LightBulb FAQ.

Also, I don't have a problem starting a thread that's been discussed before. That's the way to get new members involved and to get fresh ideas on the subject without the baggage of previous 'experts' who posted to the previous thread occurrence.

- T of TandS

Rainwater asked

and CarleenP said

There are lightbulbs in this forum? I thought everyone was just in the dark.... 

--------------------

Today's Cacher

Pika pages (under construction)

Cache In Trash Out

Nebraskache Geocaching Organization

Angst is as angst does

Pika waving. I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska

and then Lep said

But a *Groundspeak* forums post on this subject is incomplete without mentioning the word "Markwell." So.....

Markwell.

Markwell.

Off-topic Markwell.

--------------------

I'm from Pittsburgh, PA

It's not about the Numbers (well, except once).

Check out "The Leprechauns' Top 5% Greatest Cache Hunts"

Causing AtoZ to say

You forgot the 5 or 6 people that will flame the poster for not doing a search to see that the topic had been done before, Whether it had or not. Then there are the 2 or 3 people that don't even read the listed post and just post some lame comment to up their forum posting number but claim it is not about the numbers.

then you have the 20 old folks that just say what has already been said before 4 or 6 times.

cheers

--------------------

‘How now, Spirit! Wither wander you?

Over hill, over dale,

Thorough bush, thorough brier,

Over park, over pale,

Thorough flood, thorough fire

I do wander everywhere’

~ Shakespeare “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”

Which prompted ZCubed to say

And the 3 that will try to make everyone happy, but not without some guilt, "No you take the light bulb, I'll just sit here in the dark" 

You are right AtoZ my numbers are going up! 

--------------------

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

-Homer Simpson

and RunAround to say

1 to get in before the lock.

--------------------

Now where did I park my car???????

So then ClearPath says

1 to somehow twist the topic so that it has a 'naughty' connotation. You know like ... "Hey baby, you can light my bulb anyday!" 

--------------------

Health and Fitness -- Today's Cacher

"may your path be clear, may your happiness increase

go in peace my friends, go in peace" - flask

About which Cache_Test_Dummies said

Stop trying to tell those of us that enjoy having burned out lightbulbs that there is a better way to see in the dark. 

--------------------

"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drone. Time for this one to come home" - Mr. Wizard

Please wash hands before typing in the forums.

And GreyMane responds by saying

Oh, SURE! Someone had to go and pervert an innocent topic about scre...... uh, nevermind. 

--------------------

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. (Marcus Aurelius)

And then RainWater comes back to say

OH..I guess I am the one poster that comes back 6 montsh later and posts again....your right I should have checked to make sure it had not been mentioned before...but the light bulb was out and I could not see my monitor in the dark...

So then one or both of Team Wampus said

You forgot to mention how many forum members would post notes saying ALL lightbulb caches are lame. Oh wait...that's lightPOLE caches! Never mind! 

--------------------

I've told you, dear...it's NOT a toy. It's a serious navigation tool. Now get the kids ready and let's go play "Treasure Hunt"!

And then Tsonzo Karst said

Cammoed light bulbs make great micros! no that's camoed, camoued CAMO'D of course, there are no Great micros....

So then Stony2008 said

Don't forget to check the manual for the lamp to see the proper wattage for a bulb.

--------------------

she said if i go caching one more time she's leaving..... im sure gona miss her

And then I said

Amen!

Which I thought was pithy and pertinent, and Ju66l3r said

(TheAlabamaRambler @ Mar 9 2005, 05:30 PM)

Amen! 

1 of 13...

So maybe it wasn't. But then Olar kept the topic fresh by saying

Bump!

--------------------

"The mark of a successful man, is that he has spent an entire day geocaching without feeling guilty." - Unknown

All of which caused StanB to ask

Um...what's a lightbulb?

and RuffRidr to say

(cache_test_dummies @ Mar 9 2005, 09:23 AM)

Stop trying to tell those of us that enjoy having burned out lightbulbs that there is a better way to see in the dark. 

LOL! Right, remember there is no such thing as a bad lightbulb. If you don't like it, just use your ignore feature.

--RuffRidr

Then AtoZ said

(Stony2008 @ Mar 9 2005, 01:01 PM)

But how can you read you manual if you bulb is out. Then again many people have the lights on but nobody is home.

then there are the 200,000 people that just dont read the forums bucause they are out caching where you don't need a lightbulb.

UGH i need a life

cheers

--------------------

Over hill, over dale,

Over park, over pale,

I do wander everywhere’

So Rusty_TLC says

1 to ask what this has to do with geocaching and why isn't in the OT forum? 

--------------------

Jungfrösche

rusty - A.S. ALUMNI

------------------

Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

rusty_tlc - Reno NV USA (No it's not near Las Vegas.)

Welch replied by saying

(The Leprechauns @ Mar 9 2005, 08:33 AM)

But a *Groundspeak* forums post on this subject is incomplete without mentioning the word "Markwell." So.....

Markwell.

Markwell.

Off-topic Markwell. 

plus a couple to post markwells, and more to point out those markwells. 

--------------------

For more on geocaching in Eastern Iowa, visit the

Eastern Iowa Geocachers website.

"You see, if a group is going to represent people, it needs to be in touch with those people." -Frolickin

Mr_Lost kept us current by saying

Bump.

One to bump, even when not needed.

--------------------

Always remember; Wherever you go, there you are!

Then StarBrand said

30 or so to post a new thread(s) about a missing/dark light bulb 3 weeks after it was replaced and is still working........

--------------------

q. Where do want to go today? [bill Gates - 1995]

a. ...to boldly go where no man has gone before. [James T Kirk]

or ...to infinity and beyond! [buzz Lightyear - coolest toy in Toy Story]

or ...Geocaching![see www.geocaching.com, www.wnag.net]

and Fly46 reminded us by saying

And you forgot something about 2 moderators to come in and yell at people for getting the thread off topic.

And then 15 posters to argue with the moderators and come up with some lame pull about how bologna sandwiches really are on topic (because we get hungry after we change the light bulbs)

--------------------

Cache Me If You Can!

Then Dr123d said

How about 1 approver telling us he can't approve us changing the bulb.  "why not make it a multi"  because the bulb is less then 528' away from the next closest bulb.

This post has been edited by Dr123d on Mar 9 2005, 10:38 PM

and either Shoobie or a Sand Crab said

3 to add smilie faces

1 to close the topic 

This post has been edited by Shoobie & the Sand Crabs on Mar 9 2005, 04:19 PM

prompting one of TeamPerks to ask

(Shoobie & the Sand Crabs @ Mar 9 2005, 04:18 PM)

1 to close the topic 

And 1 to ask why this still hasn't happened. 

--------------------

Must....obey......fluffy......kitten........

Which fine question has not yet been answered

and

CamoCrazed said

(Rainwater @ Mar 9 2005, 08:21 AM)

me too

--------------------

If the saying goes " a penny for your thoughts" and "just my 0.02", mine are worth more

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion" - Garfield

and I am still waiting to hear if it's Camo or Cammo or Camoe or Camoflage(d)

Then Badlands said

Let there be light 

And Morgan's Marauders (any relation here to Hogan's Heroes?) said

I keep seeing the initials "GE" on these light bulb/lightbulb caches.

Can anyone shed a little light on what this new lingo might mean?

--------------------

God is good all the time!

And Evil Chicken says

1 to post the dead horse gif

1 to lament that s/he "keeps seeing post after post" regarding lightbulbs (can't we all just get along?)

And finally, in a last ditch attempt to totally derail the lightbulb thread, one will undoubtably ask: "Why does my post say Ringbone?" 

--------------------

"If you can't improve the silence, don't try" - Kosarin

Member of South Jersey Geocaching Club

So Davwil suggests we stop the insanity by saying

OK, this should do it:

One to post that they are not actually light bulbs but are actually "dark suckers". They actually suck up all the dark and when they are full (ie: black) they need to be changed.

Ummm did that do it?

This post has been edited by davwil on Mar 10 2005, 03:02 AM

--------------------

"Set me a task in which I can put something of my very self and it is a task no longer; it is joy; it is art." - Bliss Carmen

Tands suggests we need a FAQ by saying

Well there's no room for any complaints about light bulb posts until there's a LightBulb FAQ.

Also, I don't have a problem starting a thread that's been discussed before. That's the way to get new members involved and to get fresh ideas on the subject without the baggage of previous 'experts' who posted to the previous thread occurrence.

- T of TandS

--------------------

Reach for the moon, if you fail you'll fall among the stars.

and Prarie Dog 76 said

I was hoping to be FTC (first to change) the bulb, but it was in a high traffic muggle area.

--------------------

I know you are but what am I?

All of which makes me think we need changes to the website.

I.E. I think we need a lightbulb icon that shows up in PQs for lightbulb caches, and maybe a flickering one for those traditional caches that are dying out because lame micros are squeezing them out.

This icon should be usable with CacheMate and show up brightly on my Meridian Platinum screen.

Thank you for your attention. That is all.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler
oops oh moderator please i beg don't ban me from the forums 

can moderators do that :blink: ?

Only if they can see your posts...hince thats another reasone NOT to change the light bulb in the first place, so they cant see you. Of course if you change the light bulb from a 40 watt to a 400 watt maybe they wont be able to see you anyhow because of the glare?

Rainwater asked

and CarleenP said

There are lightbulbs in this forum? I thought everyone was just in the dark.... 

--------------------

Today's Cacher

Pika pages (under construction)

Cache In Trash Out

Nebraskache Geocaching Organization

Angst is as angst does

Pika waving. I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska

and then Lep said

Markwell.

Markwell.

Off-topic Markwell.

--------------------

I'm from Pittsburgh, PA

It's not about the Numbers (well, except once).

Check out "The Leprechauns' Top 5% Greatest Cache Hunts"

Causing AtoZ to say

cheers

--------------------

Over hill, over dale,

Over park, over pale,

I do wander everywhere’

Which prompted ZCubed to say

And the 3 that will try to make everyone happy, but not without some guilt, "No you take the light bulb, I'll just sit here in the dark" 

You are right AtoZ my numbers are going up! 

--------------------

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

-Homer Simpson

and RunAround to say

1 to get in before the lock.

--------------------

Now where did I park my car???????

So then ClearPath says

1 to somehow twist the topic so that it has a 'naughty' connotation. You know like ... "Hey baby, you can light my bulb anyday!" 

--------------------

Health and Fitness -- Today's Cacher

"may your path be clear, may your happiness increase

go in peace my friends, go in peace" - flask

About which Cache_Test_Dummies said

--------------------

"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drone. Time for this one to come home" - Mr. Wizard

Please wash hands before typing in the forums.

And GreyMane responds by saying

Oh, SURE! Someone had to go and pervert an innocent topic about scre...... uh, nevermind. 

--------------------

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. (Marcus Aurelius)

And then RainWater comes back to say

OH..I guess I am the one poster that comes back 6 montsh later and posts again....your right I should have checked to make sure it had not been mentioned before...but the light bulb was out and I could not see my monitor in the dark...

So then one or both of Team Wampus said

You forgot to mention how many forum members would post notes saying ALL lightbulb caches are lame. Oh wait...that's lightPOLE caches! Never mind! 

--------------------

I've told you, dear...it's NOT a toy. It's a serious navigation tool. Now get the kids ready and let's go play "Treasure Hunt"!

And then Tsonzo Karst said

Cammoed light bulbs make great micros! no that's camoed, camoued CAMO'D of course, there are no Great micros....

So then Stony2008 said

--------------------

she said if i go caching one more time she's leaving..... im sure gona miss her

And then I said

Amen!

Which I thought was pithy and pertinent, and Ju66l3r said

(TheAlabamaRambler @ Mar 9 2005, 05:30 PM)

Amen! 

1 of 13...

So maybe it wasn't. But then Olar kept the topic fresh by saying

Bump!

--------------------

"The mark of a successful man, is that he has spent an entire day geocaching without feeling guilty." - Unknown

All of which caused StanB to ask

Um...what's a lightbulb?

and RuffRidr to say

(cache_test_dummies @ Mar 9 2005, 09:23 AM)

--RuffRidr

Then AtoZ said

(Stony2008 @ Mar 9 2005, 01:01 PM)

UGH i need a life

cheers

--------------------

Over hill, over dale,

Over park, over pale,

I do wander everywhere’

So Rusty_TLC says

1 to ask what this has to do with geocaching and why isn't in the OT forum? 

--------------------

Jungfrösche

rusty - A.S. ALUMNI

------------------

Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

rusty_tlc - Reno NV USA (No it's not near Las Vegas.)

Welch replied by saying

(The Leprechauns @ Mar 9 2005, 08:33 AM)

Markwell.

Markwell.

Off-topic Markwell. 

plus a couple to post markwells, and more to point out those markwells. 

--------------------

For more on geocaching in Eastern Iowa, visit the

Eastern Iowa Geocachers website.

"You see, if a group is going to represent people, it needs to be in touch with those people." -Frolickin

Mr_Lost kept us current by saying

Bump.

One to bump, even when not needed.

--------------------

Always remember; Wherever you go, there you are!

Then StarBrand said

30 or so to post a new thread(s) about a missing/dark light bulb 3 weeks after it was replaced and is still working........

--------------------

q. Where do want to go today? [bill Gates - 1995]

a. ...to boldly go where no man has gone before. [James T Kirk]

or ...to infinity and beyond! [buzz Lightyear - coolest toy in Toy Story]

or ...Geocaching![see www.geocaching.com, www.wnag.net]

and Fly46 reminded us by saying

--------------------

Cache Me If You Can!

Then Dr123d said

How about 1 approver telling us he can't approve us changing the bulb.  "why not make it a multi"  because the bulb is less then 528' away from the next closest bulb.

This post has been edited by Dr123d on Mar 9 2005, 10:38 PM

and either Shoobie or a Sand Crab said

3 to add smilie faces

1 to close the topic 

This post has been edited by Shoobie & the Sand Crabs on Mar 9 2005, 04:19 PM

prompting one of TeamPerks to ask

(Shoobie & the Sand Crabs @ Mar 9 2005, 04:18 PM)

1 to close the topic 

And 1 to ask why this still hasn't happened. 

--------------------

Must....obey......fluffy......kitten........

Which fine question has not yet been answered

and

CamoCrazed said

(Rainwater @ Mar 9 2005, 08:21 AM)

me too

--------------------

If the saying goes " a penny for your thoughts" and "just my 0.02", mine are worth more

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion" - Garfield

and I am still waiting to hear if it's Camo or Cammo or Camoe or Camoflage(d)

Then Badlands said

Let there be light 

And Morgan's Marauders (any relation here to Hogan's Heroes?) said

I keep seeing the initials "GE" on these light bulb/lightbulb caches.

Can anyone shed a little light on what this new lingo might mean?

--------------------

God is good all the time!

And Evil Chicken says

1 to post the dead horse gif

1 to lament that s/he "keeps seeing post after post" regarding lightbulbs (can't we all just get along?)

And finally, in a last ditch attempt to totally derail the lightbulb thread, one will undoubtably ask: "Why does my post say Ringbone?" 

--------------------

"If you can't improve the silence, don't try" - Kosarin

Member of South Jersey Geocaching Club

So Davwil suggests we stop the insanity by saying

OK, this should do it:

Ummm did that do it?

This post has been edited by davwil on Mar 10 2005, 03:02 AM

--------------------

"Set me a task in which I can put something of my very self and it is a task no longer; it is joy; it is art." - Bliss Carmen

Tands suggests we need a FAQ by saying

- T of TandS

--------------------

Reach for the moon, if you fail you'll fall among the stars.

and Prarie Dog 76 said

I was hoping to be FTC (first to change) the bulb, but it was in a high traffic muggle area.

--------------------

I know you are but what am I?

All of which makes me think we need changes to the website.

I.E. I think we need a lightbulb icon that shows up in PQs for lightbulb caches, and maybe a flickering one for those traditional caches that are dying out because lame micros are squeezing them out.

This icon should be usable with CacheMate and show up brightly on my Meridian Platinum screen.

Thank you for your attention. That is all.

camo