Sj/morgan Hill Alert. . .the Schnauzer Cometh

Snuva

G'day,

I'm a cacher from Tasmania, Australia who will be attacking the area for a few days (well, for every moment I can escape from relatives who haven't seen me for years - I don't live on a different hemisphere for nothing!).

Any suggestions for must-do caches in Morgan Hill, San Jose, Los Gatos, Santa Cruz. . .????

Travel bugs to Oz?

And for those of you who are interested, Team Nazgul has been very welcoming in allowing me to use the Quicksilver TB Hotel and Sig Trading Post (GCMJX8) as a cache cachers can drop of TBs they would like to come back to Tasmania. I will only be in CA from 26-31 March, and then I'm off to French Ploynesia, Pitcairn Island, Easter Island, and Peru. I'll then be meeting a local cacher (my sister - chepup) at SFO on the 24th of April. Sooo. . .Team Nazgul has added two ziploc bags to the TB Hotel. One is labeled "Departure lounge: South Pacific" for late March and the other for April is labeled "Departure Lounge: Australia."

Travel Bus From Oz!

Also look out for a cache to be released in early April that will have Australian swaps (at least as its original contents) as well as being the release point for the TBs participating in the Tassie Bug Race!

I'm really looking forward to an area that has 7billion% more caches than my tiny island state down under!

Cheers-

Snuva

I hope you have a great visit to the Bay Area! If you only get one chance to cache while you're here, I would go to Almaden Quicksilver County Park. Start at GCJVQ4 and there are easily 25 or more excellent caches within a few hours hike. The scenery is great and there's some nice history as well.

(edited) Er, I just noticed that you're using the Quicksilver TB Hotel. It's in the same park, but at some distance from the entrance I suggested. There'a a much greater volume of caches in a shorter hike from GCJVQ4 than from the Hotel. You can hike between them, or drive depending on how much time you've got available.

Edited by sammydee

Just the sort of local knowledge that will come in handy! And I see what you mean about it being on the opposite side of the county park from the TB Hotel. It's also interesting to note the patterns of caches in the area - hmm, wonder where the trails are? Thanks, sammydee!

Edited by Snuva

Thanks Marky! Good way to do it - in Australia we have a website that lets us recommend caches - so you can go to a state page, see the recommendations, see who/how many people recommended it etc, but a bookmark list works well - just hope we have the same taste :lol: There's a dog themed multi, so we should be fine. . .