Ga Style, Ny Style???

muddylips

I've noticed some of the caches will have things like GA style or NY style on them; what is this referring to? :rolleyes:

Are you talking about info on the cache page? If so it may refer to a local popular style of hiding caches. For instance in northern NJ the terrain is pretty rocky and many caches are stuck in rock crevices, or under overhangs, sometimes concealed by another slab of rock. I've seen these referred to NJ style or Highlands style (the region of NJ).

Similarly, in parts of Fla. many caches are concealed by palmetto leaves, which I guess can be called Fla. style.

Edited by briansnat

Muddylips

If you point us to a cache that says it, we might be able to help.

Off Topic

Now, if you were talking pizza I’d say NY ment the best, and Ga was with all the rest.

Yes I’m a New Yorker, but a "western" NY’er.

Home of Buffalo Chicken Wings, and capital of the Pizza diets.

Those LI’ers are gonna get me. LOL

Back On Topic

The only thing I can relate NY style to, is that because of the snow we get up here, it would mean that it’s winter accessible (above your knees). But, eastern NY & LI don’t get snow. And NorthEastern NY gets so much it would be waist deep. So, I’m just guessing.

SF1

Edited by strikeforce1

GA style- You hear banjos off in the distance

NY style- You hear cussing off in the distance

SC style- We wait until you show up and serve you sweet tea :-P (Nice FTF prize)

Fl style- They shoot at you while you cache

NC style- Whatever is popular at the time SC is doing, NC will do also

TN style- New meaning to cache with the family

KY style- See TN style

Muddylips

If you point us to a cache that says it, we might be able to help.

Off Topic

Now, if you were talking pizza I’d say NY ment the best, and Ga was with all the rest.

Yes I’m a New Yorker, but a "western" NY’er.

Home of Buffalo Chicken Wings, and capital of the Pizza diets.

Those LI’ers are gonna get me. LOL

Back On Topic

The only thing I can relate NY style to, is that because of the snow we get up here, it would mean that it’s winter accessible (above your knees). But, eastern NY & LI don’t get snow. And NorthEastern NY gets so much it would be waist deep. So, I’m just guessing.

SF1

For instance; cache GCJC2X, under 'hints' says GA style. What does that mean? Other sites say NY style or FL style. I realize that the GA, NY or FL or whatever is refering to a state, but how is this a clue? :)

Hey muddylips,

I thought you left us! LOL

I checked it out, under additional hints. It refers to the way it is hid.

Some areas hide stuff under logs, others under rocks, others in trees – various types, fence posts, lamp posts, on and on.

I’m really avoiding the direct answer. :)

I hope, nobody directly answers your question, not to be mean, but it’s part of the game and how the owner has decided to hide it. :)

If you really want to know, ask the owner to elaborate on it. :D

It's the polite way to get the answer.

Think of it this way, you went and placed a piece of your cache, and someone tips off others as were to find it. It kind of spoils the hunt. All your work goes down the drain.

Happy Caching.

SF1

Hey muddylips,

I thought you left us! LOL

I checked it out, under additional hints. It refers to the way it is hid.

Some areas hide stuff under logs, others under rocks, others in trees – various types, fence posts, lamp posts, on and on.

I’m really avoiding the direct answer. :(

I hope, nobody directly answers your question, not to be mean, but it’s part of the game and how the owner has decided to hide it. B)

If you really want to know, ask the owner to elaborate on it. :(

It's the polite way to get the answer.

Think of it this way, you went and placed a piece of your cache, and someone tips off others as were to find it. It kind of spoils the hunt. All your work goes down the drain.

Happy Caching.

SF1

B) Ok, I thought I was clear that I was NOT asking for the specific location of any caches...and as I see these terms being used on many different hides in different areas I don't see how I could have been mistaken to be doing so. I'm just asking a general question; what do the geocaching terms like NY style, China style, GA style, etc. mean beyond the obvious reference to states or countries with regard to how a cache is hidden? :mad:

Here in New England

MA style - find a trailhead with at least one parking spot, take a half mile walk and look for sticks and stones.

RI, the Ocean State, has two styles, one for shoreline access and the other for the Providence Plantations. In the south, you try to find the beach; to the north, they say side-by-each.

CT style is constitutional.

VT style - think green.

NH - find a mountain and start wandering.

ME - You can't get there from here.