Cannot Log Move Of Tb

TDI2000

Retrieved a TB from a cache and moved it to another cache. Successfully logged the fact that I had removed the TB from the first cache but when I then attempted to log deposting the TB in the new cache I ran out of luck.

The drop down menu which should have picks like: found, placed, etc does not have those options. The only picks on the menu are "Select One" and "Write a Note". I've written a note and the "Select One" option as expected does nothing other than prompt me to select an option which isn't there.

When I logged the removal of the TB from the first cahe there were several options on the pick list. Where did they go?

Is there a problem with the TB logging system?

Hey TDI2000,

Been there - done that!

I see your a vet at logging, but here goes nothing.

Sometimes the system hiccups / burps.

If you try this during the busy times, it sometimes has a problem logging it.

I had one, that took 5 attempts to get right.

Looking at your profile page, you haveAV-8B Harrier in your possession.

1 ) go to the cache page you choose to drop it into.

2 ) in the upper right corner, select “log your visit”

3 ) in “Type of log”, press the down arrow, select the type of log, even if you found it you can still use the “Post a Note” to drop off the tb.

4 ) Make sure the date is correct, and add your comments in the big box.

5 ) scroll down further, below the big box is a smaller box on the left with the travel bugs in your possession. Select (highlight) the one you want, you should only have one.

6 ) then on the right side is the “submit log entry” button. Press it. This should place the TB in the cache you selected above and wanted it to go into.

Hope this helps. If not re-post, again. Someone will help you further.

Good Luck

SF1

Sometimes the system hiccups / burps.

If you try this during the busy times, it sometimes has a problem logging it.

I had one, that took 5 attempts to get right.

1 ) go to the cache page you choose to drop it into.

2 ) in the upper right corner, select “log your visit”

3 ) in “Type of log”, press the down arrow, select the type of log, even if you found it you can still use the “Post a Note” to drop off the tb.

4 ) Make sure the date is correct, and add your comments in the big box.

5 ) scroll down further, below the big box is a smaller box on the left with the travel bugs in your possession. Select (highlight) the one you want, you should only have one.

6 ) then on the right side is the “submit log entry” button. Press it. This should place the TB in the cache you selected above and wanted it to go into.

SF1

I had a very similar experience recently with the exception that the lower "smaller box" with TB's in my posession didn't appear at the point I was logging the TB drop off. According to the system, at that point I didn't have any TB's in my posession, but I did since I hadn't placed the Panda Pride TB yet. Not having the lower TB drop down on the cache log screen made it impossible for me to show where I had left the TB. I want back after completing the log and left a note and sent the TB owner an e-mail. I have to admit I felt like I had screwed something up, but there was no way to complete the transfer online.

I've been reluctant to pick another TB up out of fear it'll happen again.

Any ideas?

BigToys :P

By The Way: I did register that I had picked the TB up and it shows in my profile even now.

Edited by BigToys

SF1

I had a very similar experience recently with the exception that the lower "smaller box" with TB's in my posession didn't appear at the point I was logging the TB drop off. According to the system, at that point I didn't have any TB's in my posession, but I did since I hadn't placed the Panda Pride TB yet. Not having the lower TB drop down on the cache log screen made it impossible for me to show where I had left the TB. I want back after completing the log and left a note and sent the TB owner an e-mail. I have to admit I felt like I had screwed something up, but there was no way to complete the transfer online.

I've been reluctant to pick another TB up out of fear it'll happen again.

Any ideas?

BigToys :P

By The Way: I did register that I had picked the TB up and it shows in my profile even now.

were you logged in?