How Many States Have You Cached In?

The sad thing is how many states I've been in that I haven't been able to cache in, cause of my traveling companions. ;) That's where you get a little frustrated.

Yeah, that can be a problem. I'm going to be going to Arizona the first weekend in April and I'll be traveling with some non-geocachers. Hopefully, I'll be able to convince them to go after a couple and maybe get them hooked on it.

in addition to the states i've cached in so far, i will get to add

arkansas

louisiana

mississippi

alabama

florida

georgia

s carolina

n carolina

and washington dc

all within the month of may =)

(well, washington dc will be in the next couple of weeks, but everything else will be in the month of may )

then i'm moving back home to massachusetts, which means all of new england will be mine!!! MINE!!!!! *maniacal laughter follows*

sorry - got a little carried away... :(

'neko

Ok so ya... with streets and and trips you just use push pins with an imported cache image to mark your caches.

I would have had a nice map except SandT decided it would crash while I was half way through placing my caches on the map.. so .. project for another night :(

It looks really sharp :(

How do you find out where you have been? It's pretty easy if you have done only a few, but after 250 finds, I'd like to be able to download a list. I tried pocket queries, but it requires an origin and won't search more than 500 miles away. Next, I went to hide and seek a cache page and searched for all caches found by TAT. This generated 13 pages to download and any caches that are archived are not dowloaded. That wiped out OK and IN.

There must be a better way!

How do you find out where you have been? It's pretty easy if you have done only a few, but after 250 finds, I'd like to be able to download a list. I tried pocket queries, but it requires an origin and won't search more than 500 miles away. Next, I went to hide and seek a cache page and searched for all caches found by TAT. This generated 13 pages to download and any caches that are archived are not dowloaded. That wiped out OK and IN.

There must be a better way!

If you have fewer than 500 finds, you can get all your (non-archived) finds in one pocket query. Go to the "State" box and select them all. It doesn't require an origin or search radius.

If you have fewer than 500 finds, you can get all your (non-archived) finds in one pocket query. Go to the "State" box and select them all. It doesn't require an origin or search radius.

I knew there had to be a trick. But, is there a trick to getting the rest of the world? In my case it's not to hard, just Canada, Ireland and Germany. That can be covered in just 2 more PQs.

Thanks for the help. Map to follow soon.

I'm working on this map first:

<County map snipped>

and then I'll work on this map:

<humongous image snipped>

Where'd you find the map of North America? It could use some scaling down, but I've been through one part of Canada and will be visiting another this summer. I'd like to make a new map with that part included. (I can also include Mexico, but not for caching)

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

12454647.gif

The four corners and the middle of the lower 48.

When I ran the PQ, it turns out that Canada, Ireland and Germany do get added to the list! But, what's missing is every cache that has been archived. I manually added them to the list. I also took off This old syle hitchhiker because I never found a cache in Iowa! Yet :lol:

I can't believe some of the states that I haven't found a cache in!

Actually it just a matter of using GSAK to sort by cache type, then importing to MSST then adding the custom icons.

I was referring to Moun10Bike's map.

Actually, I use ArcMap. I have a shapefile with the locations of all of my finds and layer that on top of the maps I want to display:

Finds-Countries_s.jpg

Finds-States_and_Provinces.jpg

Finds-States_s.jpg

Finds-Counties.jpg

Where'd you find the map of North America? It could use some scaling down, but I've been through one part of Canada and will be visiting another this summer. I'd like to make a new map with that part included. (I can also include Mexico, but not for caching)

I've had it for so long now that I can't remember. You could probably save the pic onto your desktop and then use it.

41 so far - hoping to finish most of the lower 48 this summer. Then the new goal - not to appear to be just a tourist! :huh:

17151011.gif

I like the category option - thanks for sharing the site. I'm going to change the map on my profile. :D

I track my finds in a GSAK data base labeled Found_Stats, and can then sort by state.