Jeep Recall

pghlooking

While I may not go 300 miles on an average caching day, it has been known to happen. (my typical caching day is probably about 150km). Yep, I'm not surprised that there are more Jeeps south of the border, and to be honest I'm not really complaining, I'm just saying that you said "They are quite easy to find if you just try" well, they aren't easy to find up here, or even easy to locate up here, and I do go to just about every event that we have up here (although we don't really do travel bug swaps at the events up here).

I don't know how I'd feel about finding a 'bumble bee Jeep', different than finding a Cherokee, but you still didn't answer my question, and I think it is an important one, if someone in a very Jeep poor area had e-mailed you saying they were disapointed about not finding the Jeep attached to the tag, what would you have done?

While I may not go 300 miles on an average caching day, it has been known to happen. (my typical caching day is probably about 150km). Yep, I'm not surprised that there are more Jeeps south of the border, and to be honest I'm not really complaining, I'm just saying that you said "They are quite easy to find if you just try" well, they aren't easy to find up here, or even easy to locate up here, and I do go to just about every event that we have up here (although we don't really do travel bug swaps at the events up here).

I don't know how I'd feel about finding a 'bumble bee Jeep', different than finding a Cherokee, but you still didn't answer my question, and I think it is an important one, if someone in a very Jeep poor area had e-mailed you saying they were disapointed about not finding the Jeep attached to the tag, what would you have done?

I would have been surprised. Seemd like every one here liked the idea of the swap and wanted to find it. Too bad it too stalled out and disappeared like the rest.

Team Sand Dollar

As for not being able to find a YJTB. They are out there and they are quite easy to find if you just try.

Maybe this is where so much misunderstandings from all of us is coming. I hold no ill will towards anyone here, even if i don't agree with the way they do things. Some apparently do live in an area that has many Jeeps. In my case there are 3 listed in the first 38 pages of caches from home. Of those 3, 2 i know for a fact have been taken without being logged less than 24 hours after they were dropped. The third is probably there since its a difficult cache and few seem to venture to it. The one i did find, and thats all i needed was to see one, has been in the possesion of a cacher since october. Maybe if you were in an area where they were very hard to find if at all, you would understand where myself and some others are coming from. I also realize that if i were in an area where they were very abundant, i might not think twice about modifying one. We shall see how this next round of promotions go. Hopefully this time around will be more enjoyment in the hunt for all involved.

Coming from a "jeep rich" area, I still find these hard to locate. They seem to have a higher mortality rate that most TBs. A quick sampling of jeeps that came through this area shows not a one made it out alive...

Jeep 4x4 #0731 9/30/2004

Jeep 4x4 #0738 1/29/2005

Jeep 4x4 #2007 10/22/2004

Jeep 4x4 #2015 9/30/2004

Jeep 4x4 #2533 1/18/2005

Jeep 4x4 #2534 10/23/2004

Jeep 4x4 #2537 10/22/2004

Jeep 4x4 #2922 1/11/2005

Jeep 4x4 #3307 1/11/2005

Jeep 4x4 #3308 9/30/2004

Jeep 4x4 #3309 10/22/2004

Jeep 4x4 #3832 8/14/2004

Jeep 4x4 #3973 10/23/2004

Jeep 4x4 #4097 10/22/2004

Jeep 4x4 #4490 8/14/2004

No one has asked jeep what they wanted? try emailing JEEP 4X4 owner profile on the T.B. pages- see what kind of response you get.....nothing!

No one is there to answer your questions.

I tried to get my questions anwsered four months ago.

NOTHING!

Maybe this should be answered by Jeremy and TPTB.

No one has asked jeep what they wanted?

Why should anyone have to ask? If you have a TB out there, should cachers have to ask everytime it is picked up whther you want it moved or if they can keep it? It has a goal on its page and until that is changed it is its current goal. I don't see a need to email anyone to ask what i am to do with it. Others use this logic as a reason to keep it or say its not truly a TB. If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, then it must be a duck....If it has a TB number, it has a goal, then it must be a TB. This is just my opinion though.

I would have been surprised. Seemd like every one here liked the idea of the swap and wanted to find it. Too bad it too stalled out and disappeared like the rest.

Team Sand Dollar

I think the question is, would you make it right and send them the Yellow Jeep that you took for your own. I love your idea of sending out a White Cherokee to match your own. Too bad you had to deface another travel bug to do it. Why not spring for the few dollars for your own tag and release it that way? It's not the value of the bug or how neat the one you release is its the principle of the matter. You took something that wasn't yours and you kept it and replaced it with something else. That's not what travel bugs are for. I don't care who you talked to unless you had specific permission from JEEP you were wrong. I also don't care if you tried to get permission and JEEP never responded. In a matter such as taking something that doesn't belong to you, silence means leave it alone.

Edited by Cannonlaw

TSD:

Not that it matters, but I'm with you on this one. I think it is silly to worry, care, or get stressed out about a PROMOTIONAL TOY for a CORPORATION, even if it is a corporation that is geocaching-friendly.

I found a little toy Humvee today, think I will swap it for a Jeep the first chance I get.

I had many similar thoughts as mentioned above. I DID email Jeep. Here is a copy of the response I got. Very generic and this person had no idea about them it seems. And she is a "Senior Staff Representative"

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your email regarding Jeep Travel Bugs.

For information about the Travel Bugs and the caching of them please

visit "Google" and type in "Jeep Travel Bug". There are several sites

dedicated to this "bug" and what to do with them if you find one. It

sounds like a lot of fun from what I can tell!

Jeeps heritage originates with WWII, for more than 60 years of 4WD

leadership and capability.

Privacy

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/disclaimer/index.html

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email system. If

you wish to respond to this message, please visit us at our reply form

(link provided below).

REPLY LINK: http://www.chrysler.com/wccsapp/wccs/brand...KMM2579360C0KM&

Thank you for your interest in Jeep and good luck on your "Bug" search!

Anita G.W.

Senior Staff Representative

Jeep Information Center

For information about the Travel Bugs and the caching of them please

visit "Google" and type in "Jeep Travel Bug".

The first page that shows up in that search is Jeep's own adventure page. It tells you to continue to track their progress. I guess that means they want them to continue moving? I guess we all have our answer now. Thanks for emailing them and letting us know.