Locals on the front page banner

Happy Gillmore

Glad to hear that all of you are OK. I had my big ham antenna cranked down because of the storm. We had a nearby strike and I could hear some crackle but everything seems to be OK. The big antenna is well grounded and probably gave us some protection. Just like the midwest thunderstorms, huh Tim. Have you noticed the "Bible Belt" and the

area of intense thunderstorms are almost the same. Getting the HELL scared out of you frequently, can make a believer out of you. Dick

I type now from the crappy laptop, until the other computers are fixed, and I say to you Dick, that I agree....

it was earily similiar to the midwest storms that I grew up to love,admire and respect. Mother Nature, sure does have a way of flexing her might, and in this case you just never think of it ever getting that close to you, and WHAM...she "Strikes" you back to reallity and out of complacency. My Snookie is alright, and no one was injured, so all is good. Although the neighbors house that was hit three times, had every outlet, switch, and their covers shattered and blown to oblivion. I even heard that their big plasma TV was taken out on a double surge protector. Melted the first, disabled the second, and just plain blew out the tv. The house was declared by the local Fire Department as an inhabitable structure for the time being.......glad that was not our house.

Well, as long as we're posting banner pics.... Team GeoBlast (in Hawaii) recently posted a note on the BLT...not the sandwich cache, saying they'd seen a wonderful photo in the banner and had to find out which cache it was (and they did).

Hey, I took that photo (last August) in the North Cascades - never knew it made the banner:

a3909fc6-5083-4f00-8696-d1b86e02e4d8.jpg

I think I've hit the banner trifecta now: appeared in one, taken one, and had one of my caches in one. :o

Edited by hydnsek

Do what you have to do, and that is what is best for the geocaching community. Don't let my one vote sway what you think is best. If it was that big of an issue, you would have had more input. I really doubt if Rick cares one way or the other. Dick

Edited by W7WT

I noticed another Washington local cacher on the banner today.

Carrott at Project Ape: Tunnel of Light (left)

carrot2.jpg

Congrats!

The banner loves Carrott!! I just saw this pic that his brother turtlecowboy took on their trip to Ring of Fire last month:

52c94d43-775c-45e3-8b39-562b8cb25019.jpg