Locals on the front page banner

Happy Gillmore

Bull Moose's sheepshot on the cover:

35f2d9ad-d0d8-4c41-94c2-ea929d043095.jpg

Wow! Where was that taken? Are those goats or sheep? They look like goats to me, but I've been told you never get close to goats because they avoid people. In any case, that is an amazing shot.

The goats up on Ellinor seem to be used to humans and didn't seem to care that we were there. They were a little more concerned with the dog, however.

I had been watching them from a distance from the peak for awhile. But as we left to go down my dog suddenly started to pull me in another direction. I turned to see what had gotten into him and saw those two goats. They cooperated perfectly for the shot.

Edited by Bull Moose

Just went to King5 news on the internet and found what Rick did. Had to do with what he found while diving.

Ok...I better clear this up before I turn into Pseidon. My little bit part on King5 News was only because I was hanging around on Ruston Way when the recovery effort was taking place and got to chatting with the news team from King5., so they shot a bit of footage because I am a diver and I was right there in their

face (or lens).

I was NOT the diver that found the body. I hate to admit it, but if I were diving in 200' of water, it would have been MY body they would have had to recover. I was just feeding my curiousity of the recovery efforts.

Blue Power Ranger made the banner! Poor guy, he's just a shadow of his former self.

Look at the date I got when I clicked the link:

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hmmm.....

I know some people will do anything for a smiley, but come on, logging caches from the future....that's just wrong.

How do you think I get my FTFs? :D

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

That would be it! And no it wasn't our house, it was two doors down from us, but you couldn't tell by the Explosion it had. We did have strikes into two trees within 20 feet of the house though, and Snookie got a good jolt from it, but all is well, with the exception of the internet. It apparently fried our Modem as well as our network cards, so I am piecing together stuff to be able to get online for the moment.

I am impressed that Allanon picked us out...it was a stressful afternoon, but all is well

Glad to hear that all of you are OK. I had my big ham antenna cranked down because of the storm. We had a nearby strike and I could hear some crackle but everything seems to be OK. The big antenna is well grounded and probably gave us some protection. Just like the midwest thunderstorms, huh Tim. Have you noticed the "Bible Belt" and the

area of intense thunderstorms are almost the same. Getting the HELL scared out of you frequently, can make a believer out of you. Dick

That would be it! And no it wasn't our house, it was two doors down from us, but you couldn't tell by the Explosion it had. We did have strikes into two trees within 20 feet of the house though, and Snookie got a good jolt from it, but all is well, with the exception of the internet. It apparently fried our Modem as well as our network cards, so I am piecing together stuff to be able to get online for the moment.

I am impressed that Allanon picked us out...it was a stressful afternoon, but all is well

Once I thought I saw someone familiar, having a DVR and the ability to re-play helped with the ID. :P