New Jersey Geocoin

avroair

I say we put the Satatue of Liberty on the front cause technically it is ours.

And on the back we could put a picture of a 6 lane super highway with malls on both sides!

"Mall capital of the USA!"

Or our motto could be 'What the @#$% ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?"

I say we put the Satatue of Liberty on the front cause technically it is ours.

Then why does she have her back turned on Jersey? :(

EDIT: Still can't figure out those Quote tags

To save your sorry a**e$. :(

Yeah, what about showing a NYC dumptruck getting a ticket from a NJ state cop. :o

The design should show off some of the finer features of New Jersey. How about having one face in four quadrants behind a compass rose:

NW - Delaware Water Gap - highland country

NE - Statue of Liberty - with Jersey skyline in the background

SE - Jersey Shore - beach or lighthouse

SW - Farm country or something related to Delaware Bay.

There is something here for everyone.

Please no turnpike or refineries!

If someone comes up with a good design then I would like a few!

A little serious help, before the frivolity:

1. I found a couple of Avroair Geo Coins, one of which still sits here in my desk drawer, the other of which I placed in another cache. Have I violated some custom or protocol. (BTW, they are of high quality and aesthetically pleasing) Are they collectibles or are they cache trade items.

2. Why a geocoin to begin with, is it a substitute for Travel Bugs or a means of signing in at a cache. Where do they come from.

3. When does the design contest begin and should the submissions be placed on this thread for review by others ? Round or rectangle.

1. I found a couple of Avroair Geo Coins, one of which still sits here in my desk drawer, the other of which I placed in another cache. Have I violated some custom or protocol. (BTW, they are of high quality and aesthetically pleasing) Are they collectibles or are they cache trade items.

2. Why a geocoin to begin with, is it a substitute for Travel Bugs or a means of signing in at a cache. Where do they come from.

3. When does the design contest begin and should the submissions be placed on this thread for review by others ? Round or rectangle.

Why?? Why??? Thay are cool. People collect them, trade them and sometimes move them around like TBs if they are trackable. It's just a neat thing to leave in a really cool cache or to trade for a nicer item.

Avroair doesn't number or track his coins so they are like any other trade item. Keep it or trade it for something else. It's up to you.

1. I found a couple of Avroair Geo Coins, one of which still sits here in my desk drawer, the other of which I placed in another cache.  Have I violated some custom or protocol. (BTW, they are of high quality and aesthetically pleasing)  Are they collectibles or are they cache trade items.

2.  Why a geocoin to begin with, is it a substitute for Travel Bugs or a means of signing in at a cache.  Where do they come from.

3.  When does the design contest begin and should the submissions be placed on this thread for review by others ?  Round or rectangle.

Why?? Why??? Thay are cool. People collect them, trade them and sometimes move them around like TBs if they are trackable. It's just a neat thing to leave in a really cool cache or to trade for a nicer item.

Avroair doesn't number or track his coins so they are like any other trade item. Keep it or trade it for something else. It's up to you.

Nurse Dave is right. My geocoins are a signature item I trade with other cachers or place in travel bugs or caches I like. They can be traded, kept, used as tokens on the GSP whatever.

The same also goes for a Moun10bike coin They are his signature item, they also just happen to be trackable.

The New Jersey geocoins would be just like others states. They would be trackable and tradeable. However, in this cache the original owner has declares what, if any, goals the geocoin has. Usually, they are unactivated and people trade them as keep-sakes.

Hey Splicing Dan, the Head Slave thinks that you are confusing the great STATE of new jersey with your own cache named JERSEY

After doing THAT cache, the Head Slave's HANDS could have been registered as a Superfund site! Never had anything like that show up on a STATE of New Jersey cache!

No, I not confused. Naming the cache 'Jersey' was very appropriate - given its location.

Hey Splicing Dan, the Head Slave thinks that you are confusing the great STATE of new jersey with your own cache named JERSEY

After doing THAT cache, the Head Slave's HANDS could have been registered as a Superfund site! Never had anything like that show up on a STATE of New Jersey cache!

No, I not confused. Naming the cache 'Jersey' was very appropriate - given its location.

Yes but that cache SHOULD be a Superfund site. Pot - the Kettle is calling!

USA Geocoins, with a Joisey accent? Trackable? I'll buy a few!

(Except Jerseytrex would probably hide them in hard to find caches. Oh, well.)

Hey Heaven, Hell or Hoboken wasn't that bad. Now The Bridge That Saved A Nation cache is a whole different story or nightmare for some people :D . Plus I won't beable to fit those coins in any nanocaches anyway. :lol: