Whats Your Odometer?

Geez, am I the only one who totally resets her trip odometer from time to time?

When I had a Garmin Etrex, with a seperate "odometer" and "trip odometer" I would periodically reset the Trip odometer, but not the main one. Now that I only have one, I haven't been resetting it, except when it decided to loose it's bearings and the whole GPS reset itself..... but now I need to.

When I had a Garmin Etrex, with a seperate "odometer" and "trip odometer" I would periodically reset the Trip odometer, but not the main one. Now that I only have one, I haven't been resetting it, except when it decided to loose it's bearings and the whole GPS reset itself..... but now I need to.

Geez, am I the only one who doesn't leave their GPSr on seven days a week? How important IS this?

Edited by Team cotati697

I reset mine all the time -

The odometer on my iFinder Pro shows 5,742 kilometers.

On it the odometer cannot be reset, either by pulling the batteries or even a firmware upgrade.. The "trip meter" can be reset though, of course.

You mean on Garmins you can reset the "total odometer" as well as the trip meter? Seems weird,,

Until this thread, I didn't know about leaving the Odometer off the things to be reset. I changed that now so I'll only be resetting the trip odometer.

It would have been interesting to see what the total odometer was since I bought this unit second hand and it flew down from San Francisco, and had done some flying before that. That was an interesting track to look at . . .

I got an external antenna for mine in the car, so if i go anywhere it's usually turned on.

and it's at 2916 from christmas.

I really miss my old legend. After I updated the firmware it reset and I lost a road trip to Missouri, and a flight to alaska. Very impressive numbers.

Joe Smith

IT KEEPS GONG UP!!!!!!!

Edited by Joe Smith