International Cacher, baby!

Guest Chris Juricich

Guest Chris Juricich

My wife just bought our tickets for our three week vacation to Manila, Philippines... and perhaps to Bangkok.

So, folks, around December of this year, you'll probably note a cache (or two!) on a couple of spots in the PEE AYE!!

God I dig this 'sport'!!!

Look in British Columbia for a couple of new caches in August!!

Guest McIrish

We are going to Hawaii next week and we will hunt for a few there.... Figure we will find some new locations we wouldn't have seen otherwise!!! I love this sport too icon_biggrin.gif

Guest McIrish

We are going to Hawaii next week and we will hunt for a few there.... Figure we will find some new locations we wouldn't have seen otherwise!!! I love this sport too icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Artful Dodger

quote:
Originally posted by McIrish:

Are you going to Oahu? If so, I will search for yours and place a few in late August.

I am also hoping to become the first person to place a cache in the African country of Mozambique in a few weeks time.

Guest Artful Dodger

quote:
Originally posted by McIrish:

Are you going to Oahu? If so, I will search for yours and place a few in late August.

I am also hoping to become the first person to place a cache in the African country of Mozambique in a few weeks time.

Guest McIrish

quote:
Originally posted by Artful Dodger:

No, unfortunately Maui is our destination...but hey!!! Do you need some help in Mozambique??? I would love to go there. Now I am jealous. icon_frown.gif

Guest McIrish

quote:

No, unfortunately Maui is our destination...but hey!!! Do you need some help in Mozambique??? I would love to go there. Now I am jealous. icon_frown.gif

Guest Peter Scholtz

Artful,

You'll be close to a few other caches in Botswana (Gabarone) and South Africa, though most of South Africa's caches are in the Western Cape.

I've been planning on going for the Botswana cache so I can add another country to my find list. But the airfare is prohibitive. And it's a dadgum far drive.

I've driven from Cape Town to Bloemfontein and back a month ago (2000 km +) to find three caches there. Don't think I'll tackle such a long trip again soon.

South Africa now has a cheap airline (R900 return JNB-CTN), so I might fly to Johannesburg and rent a car and drive from there to Gabarone.

------------------

Peter Scholtz

www.biometrics.co.za

Guest Artful Dodger

ly posted by Peter Scholtz:

Artful,

I've driven from Cape Town to Bloemfontein and back a month ago (2000 km +) to find three caches there. Don't think I'll tackle such a long trip again soon.

South Africa now has a cheap airline (R900 return JNB-CTN), so I might fly to Johannesburg and rent a car and drive from there to Gabarone.

R900 ! Wow. Thats only just over $100. Dirt cheap. I am paying a fortune for my trip to SA. Peak season. $1350 (Thats over R10000!) I'll place a few caches in Durban and Joeys for you icon_smile.gif

BTW. I dig your cool Panoramic photos on your cache listings - too cool!

[This message has been edited by Artful Dodger (edited 24 July 2001).]

Guest Artful Dodger

ly posted by Peter Scholtz:

Artful,

R900 ! Wow. Thats only just over $100. Dirt cheap. I am paying a fortune for my trip to SA. Peak season. $1350 (Thats over R10000!) I'll place a few caches in Durban and Joeys for you icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Artful Dodger (edited 24 July 2001).]

Guest Peter Scholtz

quote:

Wait for the next installment! This time I want mini panoramas for each of the legs of a multi-stage cache (collect the digits kind) in the clues table. Click one for a larger version.

Had to set my cheap digital camera to low resolution mode ... so I should get about 4-5 320x240 panoramas.

------------------

Peter Scholtz

www.biometrics.co.za