Any Ideas About What I Found While Caching?

CYBret

Up here in New England, it's quite common for caretakers to leave clothing stuffed with spoiled meat near the cemetery gates. Traditionally, when a caretaker sees a visitor come into the cemetery, he'll take an old shoe or a hat, fill it with rotting meat, and quietly place the item near the gate as a gift for the visitor to find and take home.

It's considered quite rude to not take the item with you when you leave the cemetery. To do so means that you reject their gift. I wouldn't venture back there - I doubt if you'll be welcome.

Traditionally, when a caretaker sees a visitor come into the cemetery, he'll take an old shoe or a hat, fill it with rotting meat, and quietly place the item near the gate as a gift for the visitor to find and take home.

It's considered quite rude to not take the item with you when you leave the cemetery.

Quaint New England customs - aren't they special! ;)

That being said - you've got me curious - my guess is poisoned bait for big black crows that like to visit such places.

Please, call and find out for us. The suspense is killing me!

Now, back to my sausage and green pepper sub! ;)

Maybe it's the next Stinky Meat project ;)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I think the Stinky Meat projects would, at best, be considered temporary caches and therefore would not be approved by our wonderful approvers.

However, there are those other sites where you can post other types of caches....

Not that I would....

Would I?

Sorry.

(Thanks for the giggles for Big Boy Marauder and Momma)

I was just thinking something like this would make a very interesting topic.    the wort/grosest thing you ever found in a cache.

It's covered, check the 'The Unusual Forum'.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that would include nearly every forum here. Check 'The Hunt/The Unusual' forum under Geocaching Adventures

Edited by BlueDeuce
Up here in New England, it's quite common for caretakers to leave clothing stuffed with spoiled meat near the cemetery gates. Traditionally, when a caretaker sees a visitor come into the cemetery, he'll take an old shoe or a hat, fill it with rotting meat, and quietly place the item near the gate as a gift for the visitor to find and take home.

It's considered quite rude to not take the item with you when you leave the cemetery. To do so means that you reject their gift. I wouldn't venture back there - I doubt if you'll be welcome.

The sad thing is that I was halfway through that first paragraph before I realized you were being a dork.

I think that one of the zombies from the cemetary tried to escape and somebody chopped off it's hand (or it simply fell off) and thus, we're looking at a dead person's hand sitting there.

That's a little better than we did this past weekend. I was out with ellehciM and CJB4589 and we found a cache full of urine and feces. Talk about trading down. ;)

Since you were in my neck of the woods last weekend, if you don't want to post the name of the cache, will you email it to me? I hope it wasn't one of mine!!

I think it's a missing Telepathic Meat Glove. :blink:

These special gloves made of meat will help any meat cyborg communicate with other creatures, including humans. The weird hybrid of muscle fused with neurological capabilites allows the person who wears the gloves to possess improved dexterity as well as the transmittal of thought patterns. The organo-technology used to create this tissue is still experimental. :mad:

Going along with everyone else, I have to say it's just a childish prank.

Going by the placement, and the actual item, you'd have to realize how creeped out you'd be at night, if you were walking through and you found that. My guess is that a guy wanted to scare his girlfriend by walking her through the cemetary, and he decided to leave a couple props to make the walk a bit scarier...

The caretakers keep a ready supply of rotting meat? :anibad: Sounds a little too much like something from a Jason movie to me...

It's just a kid's stupid prank--an icky, rotting hand on a cemetery gate.

Yep, I would vote for that. Someone was making sausauge (using the rubber gloves) and decided it would be funny to fill the gloves with sausauge meat and leave one at the local cemetary. It's a pretty good prank if you ask me ...

It's just a kid's stupid prank--an icky, rotting hand on a cemetery gate.

Yep, I would vote for that. Someone was making sausauge (using the rubber gloves) and decided it would be funny to fill the gloves with sausauge meat and leave one at the local cemetary. It's a pretty good prank if you ask me ...

You know, this has real potential at a CITO we are going to be doing here... I could even leave an IGO coin under it for the brave soul who picks it up to dispose of it... Hmmm...