Checking Interest In Minting An Alaska Geocoin

Ladybug Kids

Just wanted reiterate that my offer to lead a "support group" for GeoCoins organizers still stands! I suppose it's cheaper than private therapy and better to share the load from the "groans" of personal time and credit balances.

I'm always glad more well thought out state Geocoins will be available.

Keep chanting, I'm doing this for fun!

PS: Silver?, gold leaf?, how's that mosquito repellant option coming along? <_<

We're doing okay up up here...still feeling like this is fun. We'll see how it feels once money is committed and the avalanche starts down the slope :blink:.

The silver coins are a go, probably in an edition of 100 with 80+ expressions of interest to date.

There has only been one expression of interest in the gold leaf version of the coin, so we aren't actively pursuing it at this time. However, once the design gets finalized and you all see it, if there is enough interest, we can add it to the mint run since the same dies are used for all versions of the coin.

The mosquito repellant version of the coin is still under development and if successful, release will be delayed significantly while patent rights and FDA testing are concluded.

Will there be time to place an order for coins *after* the design has been posted? My interest in the coins depends on what they look like. I know, fickle, fickle!  :lol:

Yes, there will be a period where orders will be taken after the design is posted. I will also post the list of expressions of interest so people can make any changes (up or down) before sending money. Complete instructions will be posted on the webpage and updated there, so people don't have to scroll through an ever increasing thread.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

Payment for the dies for the first Alaska geocoin has been made!!! The coins should be available by mid-June.

The design, ordering and payment information will be posted tonight. I have a few people previewing the information on the web pages for correctness before they go "live."

Am closing this thread and will open a new one in the Northwest Forum when the web pages go up. All future updates will go up on the coin web pages so people don't have to scroll through a lengthy thread to get all the information they need.

Thanks everyone for your patience. This has been fun!!!