Indiana Geocoin

Team Tecmage

[thread jack]

guinnessfc, does this mean no more clover coins?

[/threadjack]

Put me in for a 5er.

Edit: speeling mistacke

cexshun, ahhh very funny I am all out of clover coins so I need a substitute... Not to mention these would be far better quality lol.... Thanks for noticing the coins though .....

cheers

GuinnessFC

The concept is easy enough.  The real problem is finding suitable artwork that can be rendered into a line drawing.  Most of what I am finding are photos.  I will keep searching.

Same here, I've been finding a lot of pictures, but few that look like they could be converted into something usable.

How about the images on this site?

Edited by Team Tecmage
The concept is easy enough.  The real problem is finding suitable artwork that can be rendered into a line drawing.  Most of what I am finding are photos.  I will keep searching.

Same here, I've been finding a lot of pictures, but few that look like they could be converted into something usable.

Several mints can "embed" images to coins. KV Coins is one of them, and the company that did the Idaho coins can. Whoever they are....

Several mints can "embed" images to coins. KV Coins is one of them, and the company that did the Idaho coins can. Whoever they are....

Thanks. I knew Aarons Charles (aka CoinsandPins.com- Idaho coin minter) could imbed images, but I missed that KVCoins could do it. We are working on some ideas for line drawings, but if that falls through, we'll head down the path of imbedding a picture. Cost-wise, we'd be looking at adding about another 1.25- 1.45/coin. I just looked at the KVCoins site, and 1.25/coin is their cost.

If we use a picture, we will have to add a coating to protect it.

I have assembled a pretty good collection of geocoins.  IMHO, the best quality coin is clearly the one done by AGA.  If my memory serves correctly they had KV coins do that one.

Do not bother with the trackable aspect.  It just adds cost and 99% of them will end up in collections or as FTF prizes anyways.

CoinTracking.com is a web site which will be making its debut mid-May where both numbered -and- non-numbered coins can be listed.

It's not intended to track where a coin travels, but instead to give people who want to collect and trade a place to simplify their procurement of trading coins, and list the ones they have available for trade.

There's a preliminary info file there.

--Marc

April 26, 2005 @ 9:07 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Team Techmage,

Not sure what kind of line art your looking for. I have taken Ruperts photo of the proposed coin front and made an Autocad drawing out of it, if that is what you are looking for.

Email me at the-501-gang@comcast.net and I can send you a .dwg or .pdf of it if you would like to see it.

Edited by 501_Gang
My group will order somewhere around 60.  Give you a had number when you're ready.

Note that some of the people - like me - that had previously expressed interest in this coin are now part of the group that Nurse Dave mentioned.

I'm also part of Nurse Dave's coin group. Please adjust your list accordingly. Thanks!

I am part of this list as well so please adjust your totals by four. I will be receiving the coins via the list that Nursedave will be placing with you.

Damenace

We're part of Nurse Dave's coin group too. So our 3 will come through that order.

Me too (see how many of us will quote the same post...)

Me too! :unsure: Oh, I'll run the two lists against each other and filter the group out.

(This quoting within a quote, within a quote, within a quote.... is fun)

I'm in Nurse Dave's group too

Mine will come from the group as well....NEXT!

Outdoorlady79 is in for 3.

Geozuk is in for 10.

To answer your question Geozuk, Rupert2 and myself discussed some changes to the reverse last night. We should have a final design soon. We'll post it in a new thread in the Travel Bug Forum. It should take about a week from us submitting the design to a company until we have the final artwork for the dies.

Edited by Team Tecmage
I'm in Nurse Dave's group too, but would be interested in keeping my request for 5 directly (and will either opt out on the group order, or will take both). If this complicates your life too much, please do the easiest thing. Thanks very much for being open to all of us!

Willcall,

I will leave the decision to you. I'm flexible either way. I'm going to post to the group once we are closer to ordering, so others that have posted here can let me know whether they are going through the group.

Thanks - I'll stand by my commitment to 5 directly, in addition to the group's order. Looking forward to them!

I noticed you had a picture of the covered bridge in Bridgeton. Are you aware that it was burnt down last week by an arsonest. The Bridge is completely gone. The suspected man was caught near the Mansfied covered bridge hours later

:unsure: as being from Parke County I know the people of bridgeton would be very happy to have there covered bridge on the coin. Even though it was burnt to the ground it will be rebuilt as soon as funds can be collected for it. WTHI-tv in terre haute had a fund raiser last thursday for it and raised about 16K in 13 hours, not too shaby. The person that burnt the bridgeton bridge is most likelythe one that burnt the Jeffries ford bridge in 2002 (cache name Fallen Friend).
I noticed you had a picture of the covered bridge in Bridgeton. Are you aware that it was burnt down last week by an arsonest. The Bridge is completely gone. The suspected man was caught near the Mansfied covered bridge hours later

Yes, we're aware the bridge was burned. It's sad that someone would destroy something as rare as a covered bridge. The same thing happened in Madison County Iowa- someone burned the only bridge you could still drive through! :unsure:

Rupert2 did a lot of great work on the coin. The date will appear on the reverse (bridge side). That will be the side that gets changed annually. I submitted the design to Aaron Charles Productions (Coins and Pins) for a quote. Once we have a final design, I'll shut down this thread, and open one in the Travel Bug Forum.

Right now, we have requests for about 370 coins. At minimum we should have 500 minted- possibly 750 minimum once we see the final orders.

You can add us to the list. We will gladly take 2. When is the expected release date so we can check back. We don't check the forums on a regular basis.

Thanks, and you are added to the list. Once we get a quote and give approval, we're looking at approximately one month for production and delivery.