3 Peak Challenge

Im thinking of doing the 3 peak challenge in the summer, (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Mt Snowdon in 24 hours) Is there a cache at the top of each? ... Has anyone done this ???

Yes although Snowdon and Scafell are virtuals;

Britains highest Geocache

Scafell Pike – a cache to peak them all

Where is Snowdon Summit???

And no I haven't done any of them... yet!

Edited by MarkGPX

I'm hoping to do Scarfell Pike and Ben Nevis this summer if I can afford petrol for the journey. :ph34r:

I have been on Snowdon and there are plenty of caching opportunities in the area. Most of the well-known starting and parking spots have micro caches, and there's a cache on the Pyg track on the way up.

Best of luck doing the three in 24 hours!

Im thinking of doing the 3 peak challenge in the summer, (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Mt Snowdon in 24 hours) Is there a cache at the top of each? ... Has anyone done this ???

Yes, I did the Three Peaks 2 years ago. To be honest with you, if you are going for the 24 hours you may have more on your mind than an ammo box near the summit of Ben Nevis which could in theory waste 30 minutes of your valuable time. The Virts are okay on the other two, but I didn't do any of the caches, even though I had started caching.

Going up Snowdon tomorrow though so hope to bag the pyg track cache (snow permitting) and as a bare minimum, the summit virtual!!

I'm sure your mates won't be able to resist a cup of soup at the summit, giving you plenty of time to log the summit virtual. All you need to do is take a GPS fix at the trigpoint and then post your results when you get down - shouldn't take too long. :ph34r:

Going up Snowdon tomorrow though so hope to bag the pyg track cache (snow permitting) and as a bare minimum, the summit virtual!!

I'm sure your mates won't be able to resist a cup of soup at the summit, giving you plenty of time to log the summit virtual. All you need to do is take a GPS fix at the trigpoint and then post your results when you get down - shouldn't take too long. :ph34r:

here is me doing just that <_<:unsure: in September 2004 at the event cache on the top. Good views as normal :angry:

d4932d9d-67de-409a-93ac-63380d0b0c12.jpg

To be honest with you, if you are going for the 24 hours you may have more on your mind than an ammo box near the summit of Ben Nevis which could in theory waste 30 minutes of your valuable time.

I hope you're a lot fitter that I am..... I needed those 30 minutes at the top of the hill.... to recover <_<:unsure::angry:

Don't worry about taking a long time to find my cache on Ben Nevis. I made it as easy as I could because I didn't want people climbing all the way up there only to post a "no find". Should only take 10mins tops.

Providing the snow has gone that is :D

I managed the 3 peaks years ago in 23h.50m, had to run back down Snowdon!!