South African Geocoin

geocacher_coza

Update 5-26 5pmEDT

First, let me apologise for being somewhat snappish in this thread and in some of my e-mails. Yesterday I attended a very upsetting SC Senate Judiciary Committee meeting about the anti-caching legislation they are trying to pass. There is a thread about this in the "General Topics" forum for those of you who haven't heard and are interested.

I had the day off today, and am caught up, although I still have laundry and housework to do. :anibad:

If your name has not appeared on a previous list and is not on today's list, please contact me.

Orders filled and mailed today:

Spencerb - 4

jime71211 - 2

Dillongang - 4

CENT5 - 4

Outdoorlady79 - 4

Trades sent today:

Ibycus - 1

LadybugKids - 2

Workerofwood - 1

Avroair (I am not sure if this is a username) - 1

Mauison -2

Moun10bike - 2

I have a long work day tomorrow (woo-hoo, get to sleep in until 1:30am!) and another on Saturday. My daughter is graduating Saturday afternoon, so I probably won't work on any new stuff until Sunday. There is no mail on Monday, the next update will be Tuesday afternoon.

Sissy

Wow, you guys and gals are incredible and my newest heros! Thanks Sissy, CR and the Vandermerwe family.

Now us one man Geocoin organizers have a lot to live up to.

SA coins in Colorado, email sent with zip code but it starts with 809... ;):lol:

Edited by MrCOgeo

Thank you Sissy. Got the coins today along with the magnetic stencil and the Tags. This is the new version of the stencil, I have been using the older version. These work well on Ammo cans, and curved cans (they stick to the metal.) I recommend people try them.

UPDATE 5-27-05

After staying up way too late last night matching up user names, zip codes and real names trying to pinpoint an accounting anomoly, I can only draw one conclusion. One of you has received an order different from what you paid for. I will not go into details, as the details will be my way of verification.

IF YOUR PACKAGE IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU ORDERED contact me and we will get it straightened out.

Other than responding to that person, all further work on shipping is currently on hold. Fighting HR3777, which will be discussed Tuesday morning in the Senate Judiciary sub-committee, must take precedence at the moment.

Shipping should resume Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Sissy

Got my three plus the stickers safe and sound in between Seattle/Tacoma (98023). Wow, that was quite a packing job. Thanks !

One thing I noticed was that two of the coins are a little discolored which I'm guessing is a manufacturing problem. The black background looks like it ran or bled a little onto the edges, I'm a little reluctant to do too much polishing to get the smudges removed, if anybody has any suggestions how to gently spruce'em up, please let me know.

Great looking coins !!!!!

Update - put the clean+geocacher decal on the geoCivic and it looks 'great'. Thanks for that one too !

Edited by vds
Update 5-26 5pmEDT

First, let me apologise for being somewhat snappish in this thread and in some of my e-mails. Yesterday I attended a very upsetting SC Senate Judiciary Committee meeting about the anti-caching legislation they are trying to pass.

Sissy

Utterly understandable.

KV Coins hand paints these coins so i would have to imagine they do the "antiquing" by hand as well. Even if it is done by machine it looks like they wipe the antiquing solution on then just wipe it off with no specific process, hence the variation in the coloring. The Utah coins have the same variations in the antiquing.

Edited by Damenace

Ladycacher- as of right now there has been no change in the status of your order. I have your coins packaged up and ready to go, but I still need to wait until the waiting list has been filled. I also have several folks on the original list that have not paid for the coins they said they wanted. I have 36 coins left right now, and about 30 are spoken for. I have yet to receive an updated version of the waiting list (from May 6 to May 11, when your request was made.) Within the next week or so, I should know whether to send you all 4 coins that you paid for, or just two. If it is just two, I will refund the money to you.

If you would like, I can refund the entire amount immediately. Say the word.

Sissy

Updated Waiting list

Night2Train4 2

KnightRider 2

Geocrickets 1

XRN95 1

Vargseld![WSL] 1

Chillibusher 1

dysentry 1

CENT5 2

Terrible Ts 3

Outdoorlady79 3

The Dillon Gang 4

WaredBear 2

jime71211 2

Anonymous 2

I have yet to receive an updated version of the waiting list (from May 6 to May 11, when your request was made.)

next in line as per the forum thread is::

Ladycacher-- 4

DLiming -- 2

Cache-Hounds -- 2

WARedBear -- 2

Sissy is being incredibly generous to be offering those coins at all, they were really sold out months ago.

Not to be rude but don't you think I know that? I was wondering on my status because I had paid. I was not rushing or trying to sound like I was being ripped. I apperciate what Sissy has and is doing. What had happened was a mistake and I was wondering on the progress of what Sissy and I had posted about.....

To Sissy, I DO NOT want a full refund, just email me when you know what will happen and we will go from there. I also hope you don't think my post to you was rude in anyway.

Thanks

Update 5-31 6:40am EDT

I have several orders ready and will drop them by the post office on my way back from the HR3777 subcommittee meeting today.

3 happy campers - 2

goecrickets - 3

terrible T's - 3

Chillibusher - 1

2night4train - 3

ladycacher - 4

Trades

Fabfive - 3

Trades received

Mauison - 2

Wish us luck!

Sissy

Not to be rude but don't you think I know that?  I was wondering on my status because I had paid.  I was not rushing or trying to sound like I was being ripped.  I apperciate what Sissy has and is doing.  What had happened was a mistake and I was wondering on the progress of what Sissy and I had posted about.....

To Sissy, I DO NOT want a full refund, just email me when you know what will happen and we will go from there.  I also hope you don't think my post to you was rude in anyway. 

Thanks

Your post did come across as rude to me, but I must have misunderstood your intentions. It's a hazard of communicating over the internet that these things happen sometimes. I also shouldn't post when I'm feeling grouchy. :o My apologies!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled South African Geocoin thread already in progress...

Update 5-31 9pmEDT

The packages listed earlier today did get mailed. We made it to the post office just in time after returning from the meeting. See the thread in General Topics if you want to see how it went.

I had trade coins in my mailbox from:

Moun10bike and

Ray & Rose

I have orders ready to send for: took the day off and will mail tomorrow, 6-2-05

Barnabasbenn - 2 and

WARedbear -2

I have yet to receive orders for:

TopPin - 3

BilboB - 2

Defender1 - 3

TeamLandCruiser - 2

Magellan315 - 2

KnightRider - 2

Anonymous - 2

With GW3 going on this week-end, I imagine a several on the above list have been off the net for the past few days.

Orders ready to be packaged:

dysentry - 2

Team Pez - 1

XRN95 - (1) CR has not been in to the shop since Friday. I have one of your custom TB tags ready, but he did not realize until he got home Friday that your order was for two. I'll nag him to make the other one tomorrow.

I still do not have mailing addresses for the following trades:

Bryan - 1

Bill3rd - 1

Have a good night!

Sissy

Edited by Sissy-n-CR

Waiting list update:

The following is the rest of the waiting list. This is so you can see where you are on it. Whether there are coins left when your name comes up depends on how many that asked for coins do not actually buy them.

Yontz family

Dhobby1

Team Shydog

Jerseytrex

epyx

Utahbill

Edited by Sissy-n-CR

Update 6-2 6:30pm EDT

Mailed today:

WARedbear - 2

BarnabasBenn - 2

Team Pez - 1 trade

Orders received:

CacheHounds - 2

Dliming 1 + 1 trade

I have contacted everyone on the first list at least once. And those on the first waiting list. There are 9 people who either have not responded or not sent in an order. Most of these I have had to contact through the web site. I will contact these folks again over the week-end. How long should they have to respond before their coins get passed to someone on the waiting list? Suggestions welcome!

If you are one of these 9 and plan to order, but can't at the moment, please drop me a line so I know how many to keep for you and for how long.

Varsgeld? - There were 300 coins minted and I sent 1-25 and some others to Geocacher Cosa. The rest were wrapped 50 to 100 at a time. Once they were wrapped, I just kind of dumped them in a pile and grabbed coins from the top. Your number was pretty random.

Sissy

Update 6-3 8pm EDT

Mailed today:

DLiming 1 + 1 trade (I was able to figure out how to do a partial refund, and I refunded your second order. It is straight now, DON'T REORDER!)

XRN95 1 (Sorry for the delay!)

CacheHounds - 2

Billp3rd - I got your e-mail, thanks!

I have sent out another note to, and am waiting to hear from:

Top pin

Fly46

BilboB

Defender1

Teamlandcruiser

magellan315

anonymous'

Some may not have gotten the first notice, as I was going by usernames listed. Today I found out there is an anonymous AND an anonymous'

Sissy

Today I found out there is an anonymous AND an anonymous'

Yeah and they've only hidden one cache. It's a sockpuppet. I wish I could have the name. Um, I'll have to check with my mom before I can order some coins.

Hey Anon - just a suggestion 'cuz I love playing with words and especially monikers... instead of the silly ' - why not just sign on as "Uhnoneeemuss" or some such. Far more memorable and catchy, no?

Update 6-5 6:30pm EDT

Will be mailed tomorrow:

Top pin - 3

Defender1 - 3

BilboB - 2

Bryan - 1 (gift)

Trades received:

Fab Five - 3

Still waiting to hear from:

Magellan315

TeamLandCruiser

Awaiting Mom's ok:

Anonymous' - 2

Coins on hold (waiting for funds):

Fly46 - 2

KnightRider - 2

Dysentry - 1

Next up:

Dhobby1 - wants 4, 3 are currently available, waiting to see if everyone actually decides to order.

Til tomorrow...

Sissy

Edited by Sissy-n-CR