South African Geocoin

geocacher_coza

UPDATE

QUOTE (Shop99er @ Apr 27 2005, 07:45 PM)

Any clue what R44.00 works out to in US$? 

about $7.25 US at today's exchange rates....

The coins that is ordered by you on the forum will stay in the USA so your cost will not be so high in US dollar! As the coin has a geocaching logo on it I'm not allowed to sell it at a profit! The cost will be the coin cost from KVcoins, shipping to Sissy and a handling fee I will pay Sissy for the distribution of the coins for me. That is all.

The reason for the coin cost so high on my website is that these are the ones coming to South Africa. The coins to SA will have import duty, tax and transport on-- all factors that up the cost.

On the availability of the coins I have no answer yet. KV coins are still not finished with the order.

UPDATE

KVcoins are now starting to play games with my order!

I get no answer from Rick via email on the progress of my coin order. I would have thought that if you make the mistake like they did you bend over backward to get the mistake rectified ASAP. But it seems like this is not the case with KVcoins!

I will not use them again.

Update

KVcoin sent me an email today with the very good news that the coins will be posted to Sissy on Wednesday!!!!

I will email Sissy and set up a final price etc

Will keep everybody updated

So how will this work?

If we're on the list of 'approved buyers' who got in early do we just order from C&R's store?

Just wondering logistically.......thanks.

The Updated List of Coin to Buy and Trade:

Coins to Buy

Name Amount Ordered

DAGG 4

pghlooking 4

mrcogeo 2

workerofwood 4

hammerjane 4

Nurse Dave 4

Team Nazgul 4

Thorny1 3

Night Hawk 4

Team Tillery 4

Armando & Co 4

vds 3

Sgt Stitches 4

Blind Avocado 4

snowman 4

Strapped-4-Cache 2

kiltsurfer 4

Mauison 4

Ray&Rose 2

ghostwriter 4

KB9Bit 1

Grandpa Rocks & Grouchy Gramma 4

Top Pin 3

ManGenGho 2

Team LightningBugs 3

Lemon Freshdog 4

Robinego 4

Shasties 3

Fly 46 2

KC0GRN 2

Team Tecmage 4

Willcall 4

Go Jaybee 4

Dough Ball 3

BilboB 2

Barnabasbenn 2

Spencerb 4

Defender1 3

Globalgirl 2

Kealia 3

Primofam 3

Facedances 4

jcar 2

Loridarlin 4

bluegillfisherman 4

9Key 2

Pepper 2

EScout 4

Kfam 3

Jake - Team A.I. 4

Damenace 4

Tacomahunter 4

Rupert2 4

The Badge & the Butterfly 2

Toojin & Bart 2

3 HAPPY CAMPERS 2

Tom n Chris 4

ghostwriter13 4

Shop99er 1

Globetrotter 2

TLC  2

M&M Hunter 2

Team LegGoes 2

WYlostinMA 2

Total 200

Coins to Trade

Name Amount

Bryan (Geocaching) 1

Team PEZ 1

Ray&Rose 1

JoeFrog 1

Bill3rd 1

Ibycus 1

Moun10Bike 2

Sissy 2

The Fabfive 3

Total 13

I made a mistake by having KC0GRN on twice and not calculating correctly. So 4 more to buy became availabile. I have put the next two people on the buy list.

I will send the coins to trade from the batch of coins that is coming to South South Africa to make it easier for Sissy.

I will work through the waiting list and publish it soon!

I thought that after the problems I had with them and the holes that I pointed out to them in their customer service things would of improved with others using them. Apparently not, they do put out a good quality coin and from what I’ve heard the customer service isn’t that great with a lot of the coin companies.

Looking forward to geting the coins.

Price Update

OK, the coins will be available from Sissy at a price of $5.00.

As the coin has the Geocaching logo on the back I'm not allowed to make a profit. :DMy cost for the coins works out to $3.57. (This includes the make of the coin, die fee, and exchange and bank draft charges)

The price of $5.00 includes the distribution fee I'm paying Sissy (I'm sure everybody will agree that this is the "right" thing for me to do-- pay Sissy for all her troubles in distributing the coin for me) and the Paypal fee.

Any profits made will be kept for the 2006 coin! (The 2006 will be cheaper again as the die fee is cheaper!)

So to recap:

Price: $5.00

Coins can be obtained soon from Sissy's site at:

Sissy-n-CR

Don't forget to fill your shopping baskets with some of Sissy's other specials as well! :D

Edited by geocacher_coza

I wonder if everyone is trying to get into the store to place their orders at the same time. I've checked the link and it should work, but I'm receiving an error when I try to link to the site.

Hope we haven't overwhelmed their system! :D

Once the link is up again I'll be happy to pay for my requested coins.

Thanks,

S-4-C

EDIT: Link is working again, but now I have to wait for the coins to be listed in the store. Guess that's what I get for trying to jump the gun on ordering. :D

Edited by Strapped-4-Cache

Ok, everyone, settle down, please! ;):D:D

I have NOT received the coins from KV yet! I do not know how much they weigh, so I cannot calculate the shipping on them yet. CR is working on a way to get them on the website, but not make them publicly available. I have a copy of the updated waiting list and will post how to pay for them, etc. as soon as the info is available.

If you are in South Africa, you will be getting your coins from Quintus direct. If you are NOT in the US, your price may be higher. I will have to research the postal requirements for each country concerning coins on an individual basis.

Please bear with me. I am a one person shipping department and this is more than I have had to deal with at one time since we started the store. ;)

Direct further inquiries to scsissy@NOSPAMsc.rr.com (take out the NOSPAM).

DO NOT e-mail CR, as he is feverishly trying to put something for this on the website. :D

If your name is on the list, you may e-mail me your shipping address and quantity. Make sure your gc.com user name is in your e-mail. You probably won't get your coins any faster, but this will help me.

Thanks for your patience! (Do I even dare mention that CR is working on a SC coin?)(STOP! Don't even THINK about asking for one yet!) :D

Sissy

This is a rough estimate for the shipping costs:

According to the best information I have at the moment, it looks like each coin weighs just under one ounce.

A single coin will cost $.49 (have to pay for oversize since the envelope will not be machineable at the post office).

2 coins -- $.60

3 coins -- .83

4 coins -- 1.06

I can insure each package for up to $50 for an extra $1.30. While I have not had any problems with the postal service in the past, I cannot be responsible if the package gets lost. For the store stuff, I can easily send out a duplicate order if something goes wrong, but I will not have that option for the coins due to the limited number. The insurance is voluntary, but I recommend it as it will be obvious to anyone using the x-ray machines that coins are involved. CR is still working on a way to pay at the site by invitation or some such. I am gathering the e-mail addresses you are sending with your order info and will e-mail payment instructions.

I would like to wait until I actually have the coins before we accept any payment. I dislike having your money and not being able to put something in the mail quickly.

Sissy

Uhhh...I will have to get back to you on that...

CR is at work and will probably start on the site tonight. The goal is to be able to combine coins with other products, but I will have to see what he comes up with. He said something about having a "secret page" just for the coins and I would send out the URL to the folks on the list (Man, does that sound elitist or what? ;) )

On another note, the envelopes are ready-if you've ordered from us before you know why it took almost a whole roll of packing tape! :D I have a source for used bubble wrap and will be gathering it tomorrow (it will probably smell like apples). :D

It will be interesting to try to print a whole sheet of address labels at a time!

Sissy

There have been discussions on the Yahoo Geocoin site and elsewhere regarding problems with shipping loose coins in envelopes: there have been holes in the envelopes, with coins missing and sometimes the whole envelope. This is with US Mail. It seems that loose coins are too tempting to thieves.

It is agreed that the best way to ship is to tape the coins to heavy stock (cardboard) so that they are not loose, and even better, fold the card over the taped coins. Put this in a kraft/bubble type envelope. More work, more cost, but they will get through. I am willing to pay for more shipping costs.

I usually tape down any loose products. All my kraft envelopes are reinforced along all the seams and edges with some really strong packing tape.

I don't use card stock, but recycle all my packages and heavier junk mail. You might get yours taped to part of a cereal box, microwave dinner box or aol's latest flyer.

The taped envelope weighs .5 oz, the packaging about .8 or .9 depending on which box I grab. They will not come out of the envelope accidently, and most postal employees are (I'm sure) honest to a fault. But there is always a chance that it could be stolen. The $1.30 for insurance is well spent IMO.

Anyone reading this that has ordered before, feel free to chime in about the packaging you received!

Sissy

It was reported that several people had envelopes that appeared slit with a sharp blade--not accidental. The problem appears to be the coins moving around or clinking, thus attracting attention. And yes, they should be covered so that the tape does not come in direct contact with a coin.

UPDATE!!!

The coins actually weigh 1.3 ounces each. With packaging, the corrected postage is:

1 coin- $5 + .60 postage

2 coins- $10 + 1.06 postage

3 coins- $15 + 1.29 postage

4 coins- $20 + 1.75 postage

The secret url should be up and running later this evening. If you haven't already done so, please e-mail me with your user name so I will have a handy address to send the link to. I really don't want to have to look up profiles (as interesting as that might be!) to send out notices through gc.com.

Thanks!

Sissy