South African Geocoin

geocacher_coza

I have decided to start a new thread for the SA Geocoin to try and keep track on how many people wants them.

Here is a sneak preview of, what I believe to be the first ever South African Geocoin! The compass rose represents the South African Flag colours and the background is a "streamlined" outline of South Africa.

I am only having 100 made. They will be numbered BUT not to be tracked. Numbering are only there to say "I have #xxx of only 100 made"

When I have them in hand I will use 20 for "international" trading of other geocoin and 20 for selling on the international market! The rest will be reserved for the South African market only. The coins should be ready in about six weeks time. (I hope!!)

d4956c7e-deff-4c39-8f2b-f6d3fda672a6.jpg

Well, did not know the coins will be in such a demand!

I will definitely have to get manufacture to make some more!

Anybody that wants coins must please email me through the forum and I will put you on the list as the emails arrive. I cannot give any prices as yet. Will do so as soon as I have them in hand. KVcoins are only now making the sample coin!

I unfortunately expect the coins to a bit more expensive than your coins in the USA as I need to pay more on shipping and import duty. As soon as I get a price and a definite date I will let everybody know by email.

Just keep on sending your pre-orders to me. Pre-orders will be handled on "first come, first serve basis" I will use the date and time I receive the emails as the order reference

Please leave your requirements on this thread and also email me through the forum. I have emailed KVcoins and increased the order amount from them so first amount of only 40 coins available are no longer applicable

Below is how I have all your requirements from the other thread and from the email I have received:

DAGG -- 2

pghlooking -- 4

mrcgeo -- "couple" ??

workerofwood -- 10

hammerjane -- 10

Nurse Dave -- 10

Team Nazgul -- 5

Team PEZ -- 1 to trade

Thorny1 -- 5

Night Hawk -- "few" ??

Team Tillery -- 5

Armando & Co -- 1

vds -- 1 to trade

Sgt Stiches -- 5

Blind Avocado -- "couple" ??

snowman -- 5

Strapped-4-Cache -- 1 or 2 to trade

kiltsurfer -- 5

Mauison -- 5

Ray&Rose -- 1 to trade

ghostwriter -- 10

This is the order that the requirements was places on the other thread and via email up to now. Please check and see if I have the correct amounts for everybody. Hopefully I have not left anybody out up to now!

Edited by vandermerwe-family

fly46

No idea. I will only have the cost once I have landed them here in South Africa. I do not know how much shipping or import duties will cost. As soon as I have the coins in hand I will let everybody know.

Sorry but someone has to feed our president!

I have made it clear from the start that I cannot give the cost until I have landed them. I'm thinking about ideas to have them stay in USA to save on the shipping cost and the import duties!

fly46

No idea. I will only have the cost once I have landed them here in South Africa. I do not know how much shipping or import duties will cost. As soon as I have the coins in hand I will let everybody know.

Sorry but someone has to feed our president!

I have made it clear from the start that I cannot give the cost until I have landed them. I'm thinking about ideas to have them stay in USA to save on the shipping cost and the import duties!

You need a US distributor :ph34r:

Ooo, pretty money! Golum, golum. (Hmm, good idea, geo-rings). Why arn't the coins going to be trackable? Also, why are they not being produced in South Africa? And for that matter, why arn't there any posts of this on the South African section of this forum? The coins look great by the way.

vandermerwe-family:

Your idea of having a distribution manager in the USA might be a good idea. You will get many more orders, and lower the per unit cost for everyone in your country as well.

You have to find someone you can trust to volunteer.

Well hey, kriminy - not only did I just last spring backpack my way across RSA for 6 weeks (and oh my, what a fantastic land indeed!) but...

My last name is "Kruger" and I'm related to that legendary fellow who first created your wondrous, World renowned "Kruger National Park" (not to mention who's mug is on the precious "Krugerrand".

Which is all to say... Please put me down for 2, thanks. :laughing:

n update[/b][/u]

I have found myself a distributor in the USA so the coins will stay in the USA thus saving on import duties and taxes! This will put the coins in the same price range as the "rest" of the coins been sold here on the forum!

The coins will be available from Sissy store soon--

title.jpg

Sissy-n-CR

While you shopping for my coin be sure to buy some other items from Sissy as well!

One more thing that I have been thinking about. With only 180 coins available for selling in the USA I have decided to limit the number of coins to individuals to four each. Like this I give more people a fair chance of obtaining some of these coins! Hope the people that have placed pre-orders for more than four will understand this! :blink:

I'm keeping 20 for trading!

I would also like to thank everybody that have ordered the coins so far. I NEVER thought it would be such a big success! Again Many Thanks!!! :mad:

DAGG -- 4

pghlooking -- 4

mrcgeo -- 2

workerofwood -- 4

hammerjane -- 4

Nurse Dave -- 4

Team Nazgul -- 4

Team PEZ -- 1 to trade

Thorny1 -- 4

Night Hawk -- "few" ??

Team Tillery -- 4

Armando & Co -- 4

vds -- 3

Sgt Stitches -- 4

Blind Avocado -- 4

snowman -- 4

Strapped-4-Cache -- 2

kiltsurfer -- 4

Mauison -- 4

Ray&Rose -- 1 to trade

ghostwriter -- 4

KB9Bit  -- 1

Grandpa Rocks & Grouchy Gramma  --4

Top Pin  --  $20.00 worth

ManGenGho  --  2

Team LightningBugs  -- 3

Lemon Freshdog  --  4

JoeFrog  -- 1 to trade

Robinego  -- 4

Shasties  --  3

Fly 46  --  2

KC0GRN  --  Couple

Team Tecmage --  4

Willcall  --  4

Go Jaybee  --  4

Dough Ball  -- 3

BilboB  --  2

Barnabasbenn  --  2

Spencerb  -- 4

Defender1  --  3

Globalgirl  --  2

Kealia  --  3

Primofam  --  3

Facedances  -- 4

jcar  --  4

Loridarlin  --  4

I have taken the liberty to change the orders of the people that have ordered more than 4 to the amount of 4 only! Doing this makes about another 36 coins available!

If I have omitted anybody that has posted or emailed me already please let me know. For the people that want to trade I will have 20 available to trade. This coins will come out of the coins been sent to South Africa. I will post them to the USA from SA.

Edited by vandermerwe-family
Where do I send the money, and how much are they and how much is shipping? I went to the Sissy-N-CR site and did not find any information. Thanks!

This thread is pre-orders only! Do not send any money to Sissy yet. Sissy and I are still working out all the details for her to sell my coins in the USA. I would think the coin will be able to sell for the same price as most other coins in the USA! Around the $4.99 to $5.99 mark!

I'm sure Sissy would put it on her website as soon as she has then in hand! At this moment the coins are still being manufactured!

Update:

DAGG -- 4

pghlooking -- 4

mrcgeo -- 2

workerofwood -- 4

hammerjane -- 4

Nurse Dave -- 4

Team Nazgul -- 4

Team PEZ -- 1 to trade

Thorny1 -- 4

Night Hawk -- "few" ??

Team Tillery -- 4