Over Print On Cache Page Print Outs

Late this afternoon I was printing cache pages of some local hides when all of a sudden the pages start coming out over printed with a checking/saving form from Bank of the West to reconcile your account. (I do not have an account there, or have ANY business dealing with this bank) It only happens with the cache page, NOT map quest, NOT "My Account" page, NOT anything else!

Is anyone else having this problem ?, or am I the only one "blessed" with this. :lol::huh:

Sorry for all the trouble. The "trick" it seems is on me. Someone placed a dozen or so sheets of paper, printed on one side in a light blue (process blue) color. Even lifting the tray up, the color doesn't "bleed through", so you don't notice it. Mystery solved. Boy do I feel embarrassed. :lol::lol::huh:

Sorry for all the trouble. The "trick" it seems is on me. Someone placed a dozen or so sheets of paper, printed on one side in a light blue (process blue) color. Even lifting the tray up, the color doesn't "bleed through", so you don't notice it. Mystery solved. Boy do I feel embarrassed. B)  B)  :ph34r:

Been there. Done that! B)B)B)

Go Paperless!

Older palm pilots that are capable of storing info for hundreds of caches are selling for $30 and up on ebay. Add $8 for a copy of CacheMate and you will never print another cache page.

Could anyone possibly recommend some names of older palms for me to check out on Ebay? I know nothing about palms because the cost was prohibitive - and if I can't afford it, I generally don't torture myself dreaming about it. Now that they have been around a while and are showing up on Ebay used, I could use a nudge in the right direction. I feel guilty about the paper I use caching....

Sorry for all the trouble. The "trick" it seems is on me. Someone placed a dozen or so sheets of paper, printed on one side in a light blue (process blue) color. Even lifting the tray up, the color doesn't "bleed through", so you don't notice it. Mystery solved. Boy do I feel embarrassed. :ph34r:  :(  :unsure:

Been there. Done that! <_<:o:angry:

But for some reason, I didn't get the T-Shirt.

Go Paperless!

Older palm pilots that are capable of storing info for hundreds of caches are selling for $30 and up on ebay. Add $8 for a copy of CacheMate and you will never print another cache page.

Could anyone possibly recommend some names of older palms for me to check out on Ebay? I know nothing about palms because the cost was prohibitive - and if I can't afford it, I generally don't torture myself dreaming about it. Now that they have been around a while and are showing up on Ebay used, I could use a nudge in the right direction. I feel guilty about the paper I use caching....

Here ya go!

<_<

CL,

I'm no expert at PDA devices, but I acquired a Palm m105 a little while back and it suits my geocaching needs fine. Other and/or newer PDAs come with a color screen and USB connections (as well as rechargable batteries) but I don't find the lack of those features to be an issue on my m105.

It has 8megs of memory; the most I've used yet is about 2 megs.

They sell for between $20 and $50 on ebay.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z
Go Paperless!

Go to this site.

List of Palm Models and OS

The CacheMate program runs on anything with Palm OS 3.0 or higher. Which is pretty much everything in the list, except for the last two. Obviously go with the best one you can find in your price range.

Some things to consider when going cheap:

-Color Screens aren't all that helpful for caching.

-2MB is probably plenty of space if you are going cheap, but there isn't much price difference between 2MB and 8MB versions of the old stuff. Example: Palm V and Palm Vx

-Internal batteries are very convenient and cheaper in the long run, but then again you can't swap them out if they die in the woods. But then again, since they can recharge in your car, and run for hours and hours and hours, who cares?

Wow. looking at ebay again, i see that Palm III are selling for very cheap($10-$20), and so are the piggyback gps units that clip onto them ($20-$40)

Imagine reading a cache descriuptiuon on a palm, then hitting a button on the bottom of the screen to immediately bring up a navigation arrow for that cache. That's what using cachemate on a palm with a connected gps is like.

Go Paperless!

Older palm pilots that are capable of storing info for hundreds of caches are selling for $30 and up on ebay. Add $8 for a copy of

I know this is going to sound stupid...

I have lots of experience with computers...

but I've had a PDA - an iPAQ Pocket PC running WinCE'02 - and I can't get a grasp on how to download cache pages to it.

I want to go paperless, but I'm PDA-challenged.

Can anyone help?

:blink:

Thanks for the suggestions!

I love Ebay, but sometimes if I don't know exactly what am looking for, it can be overwhelming. The posted info helps narrow things down a bit.

On the "new" end of the spectrum, the Zire 21 looks like a good deal as well (especially since I wouldn't be needed a lot of bells and whistles).

Peace.

Well, this one has spiraled way off topic.

For PDA questions you should look at the GPS Units and Software Forum. Any questions on PDA's should be asked there as well. I am closing this topic since the original problem was solved by the OP.