Lowrance Enhanced Lake Maps

I just purchased my first lowrance (the iFinder h20), I thought i would try them out because of the availability of Fishing Hot Spots on more than 2 units (the 2 i registered with Garmin are sold! The software is useless now), and because it'll look sporty beside my depthfinder on the boat :huh:

My question is this: On the homepage of lowrance.com, they are giving away free enhanced lake maps, and show a comparison to those vs. the mapcreate maps. If i had a card and a card reader, could I just load these enhanced maps onto the card, install it into the iFinder, and use it that way, or is the mapcreate software required?

According to their website:

...Select Enhanced Lake Maps will be available for free download. If combined with a FreedomMap™ or MapCreate™ map, the Enhanced Lake Map will seamlessly replace the existing lake data with the new higher resolution data.  Just add it to your memory card

The "or MapCreate map" part would suggest you don't need MapCreate to use the enhanced lakes. So, it seems the lake info is a freebie from Lowrance for people to download :lol:

I've got an iFinder Pro & a FreedomMap chip of the Great Lakes but don't have Mapcreate so I'd love to get the enhanced Lakes. But I live in Canada & the offer seems focused only on US waters, Lake Ontario would be a nice touch but it's not listed.. doh! :huh: